A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,578
Currently Running With Scissors:
769 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Transferring from dpns to circular  (Read 804 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bijouxmaster
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2006 09:26:44 PM »

Sounds like your circs may be too long?  That would make sense with what you are saying.  what size are they?  How long is the cable?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

trisarahtop
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2006 09:45:21 PM »

I think I am transferring-challenged, or just not getting it. So instead of using a dpn to transfer one set of stitches to the dpn, I used on side of my circular. Which means now I have 2 dpns in the works and one circular side in the mix. Now what? If I continue to work on the one side of the circular...won't that be just like straight knitting? How do you connect them? I am sorry to be so slow....I really really do appreciate the help though!!!!

I think you're overthinking this. It happens so frequently and so easily in knitting, I've done it a lot and I always get myself way too confused to do something and it takes me days to figure it out. Once you get it, you'll be hitting yourself wondering how you got yourself so confused because it's SO EASY!

Anyway. Just knit the circle around using your circular needle, getting rid of needles as needed. Once you have all the stitches on the circular needle, you start again at the beginning of the round, and knit the circle again. It will only be flat knitting if you knit back and forth rather than in the circle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just have a few words: nitwit, blubber, oddment, tweak.
MSWKnitter
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006 12:51:36 PM »

I got it!! Thanks for the help, and yes I WAS overthinking it. Unfortunately my blanket only has 9 sections rather than 10...don't know how I lost one along the way but it still is looking VERY cute! Thanks again!
Autumn
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Super Bowl Sunday Bites: Buffalo Chicken Dip
Truffle Mac and Cheese Is Comfort Food at Its Finest
Gameday Recipes: Easy Beef and Black Bean Chili
Gameday Recipes: Maui Cheese-Steak Sliders
Gameday Recipes: Irish Stout Cheese Stuffed Burgers
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...