A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,098
Currently Running With Scissors:
623 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Babette's blanket from IK Crochet 2006  (Read 17073 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

amdm
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2006 11:32:19 PM »

These are fabulous blankets, but my frugal soul says, "Why do you need to buy the pattern, these are just simple granny squares, the crucial things are the colours and arrangement, and you don't need a pattern for that," and,"This is an ideal project for using up leftovers, the variations in texture will add to its uniqueness, and isn't it pointless to buy an expensive yarn for a practical object like a blanket which will need to be washed frequently?"
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hischildsindi
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2006 10:59:41 AM »

That's a great go on the blanket.   I adore the idea of this blanket and it is one I will be doing for myself, just not sure when.  Beautiful job.

As for buying the pattern vs just doing it, I know for myself, I need the inspiration before I can take a leap.  Not everyone can just leap without a little direction.  Besides there are a few other amazing patterns in the magazine, so why not?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amandasan
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2007 09:54:05 AM »

I love this pattern! I talk about it at my SnB group all the time whenever I contemplate starting a new pattern. I recently read on Purl Soho's blog (http://www.purlbee.com/) that they are doing a Babette Blanket class. I wish I lived in NYC - I would love to have a group to get together with to work on this and see other people's progress.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chillsession
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2007 11:08:17 AM »

i guess i'm still alone on this one.  i finished section 8 last night and have 2 more to go.  it is taking FOREVER.

http://static.flickr.com/66/228196372_1c90a94e46_m.jpg

it may be taking forever but it looks like it will totally be worth it!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013 06:33:26 PM by pinkleo - Reason: removed img tags from quote..please do not quote pics/imgs » THIS ROCKS   Logged
anakarina
(*

dear skull , art thou shiny?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2007 05:15:22 PM »

i purchased this magazine online recently (still hasn't arrived) just for this pattern. i know it seems simple as it's just granny squares but it's such a big project for me that i'd rather have the help of the colors and placement of the squares. it'll be so pretty when it's done. i don't know but i may try to do it with simply soft like the woman on crochetville. i wonder how much it'll cost to make.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop! Little knits, ACEOS, & paper goods.

WIST-list
diamunds
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2007 06:24:53 PM »

yikes - that's amazing!  I better get started...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - da vinci
anakarina
(*

dear skull , art thou shiny?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2007 03:46:03 PM »

i got my pattern in the mail today. now i am trying to figure out what yarn to use.  i am leaning towards simply soft based on seeing the girl on crochetville's blanket http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31766&page=5&highlight=babette

just for FUN i tried looking up the yarn in the pattern so i could see all the colors and what they looked like, so i could pick similar colors and it was very difficult to find all the colors, well, i didn't find all the colors. purlsoho had the most colors but they listed them by number instead of names of colors so it was too annoying trying to find all the correct numbers.

i mean i want something crazy looking, bu i'm afraid to use leftovers because i want the squares to all be properly sized. and i'd like to have all the yarn before starting Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop! Little knits, ACEOS, & paper goods.

WIST-list
princess76
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2007 11:27:29 AM »

I have the yarn- KnitPicks palette sampler- but I don't know how to crochet yet.  I figured out how to make a chain, and then got distracted by all my other projects!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rina
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2007 07:53:44 PM »

I'm in when I can get my yarn together, but that could be a few weeks.  I'm thinking of Plymouth Encore worsted which is on sale at WEBS (http://www.yarn.com) this month.  The color choices are pretty good.  I'm sorry I can't afford Koigu, I love the subtly variegated hues. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my yarncraft blog, RedCrochet.wordpres s.com
kelibare
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2007 05:14:50 AM »

Reminds me a lot of a rug I made back in the early 70's  Shocked (maybe 1971 or '72).  I loved the FO so much that instead of using it as a rug, I had it framed and hung it on the wall in my family room...

How amazing is that?  All of these blankets are beautiful, and I think it's awesome that Just Me did this one quite awhile before the author of the Babbette pattern published hers (note that there was a bit of drama going on in the Crochetville thread, but it has been locked).   

I want to plan something like this, but I'll be winging it.  And as for the yarn....if it takes 20 balls, you're looking at over $200.00 for the Koigu.  I'm going to plan mine in Simply Soft (approximately $50.00).  OH!  Pincess76, is the KnitPicks palette sampler enough?  That looks like gorgeous yarn.  yarn...http://www.knitpicks.com/Palette+Sampler_AD40021.html

Still, it'll be quite some time before I can start on it...too many other projects going on.  =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a lot of Lion Brand Homespun that I'd love to trade for something else!

http://www.wists.com/kgpwalters
http://www.myspace.com/kgpwalters
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Roasted Leg of Lamb
Spring Vegetable Frittata
Shrimp and Grits Recipe
Bobby Flay on French Fries
Alex on Deep-Fried Hot Dog
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...