A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 305,035
Currently Running With Scissors:
434 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Infinity Dress  (Read 165211 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kookiesnaks
taste the rainbow

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2007 12:48:44 PM »

while trawling through the op shop i found this from 1976:

its one piece cut on the fold so thats how you get one seam

I cant wait to try it!

hi can you tell me who this vintage pattern is by please? or would you be prepared to sell it  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Keena
« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2007 10:43:44 AM »

I've got a kind of girlyish question:
:cough: uuh. chest support?
I guess the thickness of the fabric sort of depends on the level of support, but I'm not seeing wearing a bra with one of these dresses..I was kind of wondering about that...

i suggest for you to invest into a covertible or strapless bra. and there's plenty of "braless" breast supporters out in the market now. look into it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Keena
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2007 10:45:52 AM »

This is sooo exciting.  I'm going to make one.  mento -- too cute.  Thank you rostitchery, for the tutorial on your wonderful blog, and thank you, Keena, for the link that made me have to make this dress.

not a thang mamas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fromvenuswithlove
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2007 02:47:18 PM »

Ok i still havent made it but heres the measurements off the pattern for those who asked

Fold your fabric (about 3.4m at aleast 1.2m wide) and put the side with the cut out bit on the fold, cut and then sew between the dots

and heres the front picture that doesnt seem to work

and in case you were still wondering im NOT interested in selling
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyCoug

Croquet at Molbaks

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2007 04:09:23 PM »

I wouldn't want to sell either!  But if someone's interested in buying it, I found it on eBay today
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm down w/ a personal swap now and then!  PM me!

www.craftycougknits.blogspot.com
disgruntledgoat
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2007 05:55:41 AM »

Sorry for the bump, but I have been looking into these dresses a lot lately. Thanks for the patten and Tutorial rostitchery, yours seems much simpler than the patterns floating about!

The Butterick Pattern is also 5230: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/jocelynaus/pattern/2005_1.jpg
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/2/3/2/0/6/3/webimg/39168668_o.jpg

An Aussie designer has just come out with one of these she is calling the Ultimate Black Dress: http://www.sachadrake.com.au/ultimate-black-dress.html
The styles for that one are here: http://www.sachadrake.com.au/styles.html
I actually first came across it when a friend of mine was pregnant and she really wanted the 6 way dress, which appears to be the same, except has a boob tube added in which I imagine is reinforced for support.  http://www.fertilemind.com.au/page.asp?e_page=353518&product=382084&brand=372671&productName=Fertile%20Mind%206%20Way%20Dress&FAQ=369860&HIW=373033

I want one, but not $250 want one so I visited one in a store and they appear to have approached it in a different way so I thought I add it here. Basically it is a A Line (waist to ankle length) with a wide triangle piece which is overlapped by about 2" away from the seam. The top piece is wide enough that the tails reach the skirt hem and thin enough at the centre to create a boob tube when tied at the back. Basically the construction is like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/jocelynaus/pattern/UltimateBlackDress.jpg

It's made of silky Jersey too, the top peice is also just has a 1cm turned over hem and the right sides of the skirt and top are sewn together.

Thanks for the thread!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007 03:04:24 AM by disgruntledgoat » THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinybits
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafty Monster Strikes Back

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2007 01:16:36 AM »

can someone tell me the pattern fromvenuswithlove posted can be adjusted to have a more flaring skirt? i am a plus size so pencil type would not look good on me. i also want this style (it is almost the same with lydiasilvestry's) cuz it can cover more parts for bra wearing.. help?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fromvenuswithlove
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2007 01:18:11 AM »

hmm maybe if you changed the angle so that bottom edge is longer?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TabithaK
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2007 07:15:14 PM »

That's what I'm going to do. Change the angle to make the bottom longer.

I think this version is easier to make then the other "quickie" dress. I do like the quickie dress version though because I plan to make 3 with removeable straps so they can be interchageable.

Has anyone made this version yet?

Tabitha
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mienna
« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2007 09:08:15 AM »

I love, love, love this dress. But I'm wondering if anyone has an idea of how the pants version is made? Is it just a pair of pants with a tube/straps attached at the top?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Ways To Wear a Leather Jacket
That Thong ... Done You Wrong
Get Model Street Style for Under $100
Essential Fall Trends: Military, Moto, Vests, Pea Coats
Cara Delevingne Models, Sings, Acts... And Plays Quarterback?
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...