A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 301,552
Currently Running With Scissors:
432 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need help with Etsy polymer clay store banner  (Read 3207 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Polybeadry
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2006 09:37:46 AM »

Thanks you guys so much!!! That's what my husband said too, that it was too busy! He does web design so I should have just listened to him. I like the stacks of clay and the pasta machine too. Can I use those images in my banner?
I wanted the actual name on the banner to reflect the kind of colors I like and the feel of most of my work.
Thanks again for your interest and taking the time to make that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafty.Old.Hipster?
titancia
Are you a good twin or a bad twin?

It's Thistle with a Bobo on her head!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2006 09:39:35 AM »

You're much welcome! Just tryin' to help. ^_^
I'm at work but get off at 1 (it's 9:30 right now) so I will send the images to you when I get home. That way you can resize them and change them to whatever you need.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Polybeadry
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2006 09:52:54 AM »

Cool! Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafty.Old.Hipster?
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2006 10:24:46 AM »

Make sure you're using stock images & not copyrighted or somefin someone is gonna scream at ya for.  I dunno where titancia gets her images, it's just a general thought I always warn about.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2006 10:26:19 AM »

When do you think you will open shop?  I can't wait!  Another shopping venue for me!  hehe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Polybeadry
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2006 12:34:44 PM »

Wow, I'm flattered! I just tried to load my first product in today, and I couldn't get past the first page. It just sat there and sat there and sat there. I don't know if the server was slow or if I did something wrong or what!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafty.Old.Hipster?
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2006 12:56:55 PM »

Aw Sad

Deb just posted this on How's Your Etsy Shop Doing?, thread...

Hey folks: 

Looks like Etsy may be overloaded again today.  I have two items that I can see sold in my Etsy shop but still -- after more than 1/2 hour -- I haven't received the e-mails notifying me of the sales.  Is anyone else experiencing this?  You might want to check your shop.  It's very disconcerting, since without the e-mail notification, you don't have an e-mail address to invoice the person or communicate with them.  If it doesn't come through pretty soon, I'll send them a "conversation" I suppose.

Anyhow, just curious if anyone else is having this problem?  I had two other sold items come through fine a few hours ago, but these next two are stuck in nowhere land.

Thanks,
 Deb aka Fearless Fibers

Hmph!  I guess there's a variety of problems today.   Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
titancia

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2006 09:52:16 PM »

Make sure you're using stock images & not copyrighted or somefin someone is gonna scream at ya for.  I dunno where titancia gets her images, it's just a general thought I always warn about.  Smiley

I'm sorry, I DID use copyrighted images since I just threw them together... Mostly I use photos I've taken or a graphic I've made (like the banner I made for sweetjaime's shop...I handdrew that on the computer) but I thought I'd be able to find some stock photos that were generally the same, but I couldn't. Here's what I came up with using stock photos whenI had a bit more time:

Using these images:

I tried coloring this so it would look less pasta-ish...I couldn't find any with no pasta.

This might be a good shot though:

I'm thinking if you like the stack of them that much, I could just take a photo of all the clays spread out next time I go to Micheals?

**ETA I know that you aren't going to use the banner I made, I just wanted to see if I could recreate it with stock photos. Obviously it didn't turn out too well.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006 09:54:15 PM by titancia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2006 04:35:04 AM »

Ohh....I like the piece on the left.  It just looks like it should fit there.  Smiley  So cool that you thought to change the color of the pasta too!

What program do ya use for your graphics?  I use Adobe Photoshop CS2 and loooove it.

I do that with copyrighted images too!  Just if I wanna test the feel of something, but not go through the time to draw it all out if I'm not going to like it even.  I didn't know you actually drew the images on sweetjaime's banner!  I like it even more than before now.  Smiley

I think we have too much fun with this stuff.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
titancia

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2006 07:18:35 AM »

I use Jasc's Paint Shop Pro 7. I really need to buy the newest version, but this old one is so simplistic and most of the time that's all I need or want. Though it's getting harder to find extras for it, so I should invest in a new copy anyways--they're not that expensive, really.

I think my mom may have gotten Photoshop? I took a class on it at the local jr. college but I haven't really played around with it since then. I've got an old computer and the newer the program, the slower it runs. :/ Gotta save up for a new one! (whoohoo! Tongue)

If it's not going to be used, I really don't see why using copyrighted images doesn't hurt. It's just a mockup, and I definitely don't want to spend my time to make something just to throw it in the trash if the composition doesn't look right. I do make icons for LJ, though. So far I don't think anyone has had problems using copyrighted images on their icons, which is good, because the moment they do all those icons I've made are wasted. Tongue (Plus, of course, I'll have to change all mine!)

Thank you, thank you! *bows* Yes, I think we really do. But I can't help it! It's so addicting! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
R. Kayeen Thomas Reveals His Novel Antebellum
David Gelernter on Mirror Worlds: Space, Time, and the Internet
Actor John Challis Recounts Being Boycie at Althorp Literary Festival
John Lanchester Talks About His Novel "Capital" at Althorp
Claire Tomalin Talks About Her Work on Charles Dickens
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...