A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,114
Currently Running With Scissors:
571 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Everyone needs a shirt right?  (Read 3498 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rhodora55
« on: June 22, 2006 02:52:37 PM »

How about sewing this one with me?  Simplicity New Look 6598.  I know it isn't real exciting, but I bet you crafty folks could make it fabulous. 

I have an old sheet I am going to use first to get the fit right, ( I am going to try view E first).  Then I think I am going to use the material from some big frumpy denim shirts I have in the closet that I never wear (probably view B).

I might start cutting tomorrow night, or maybe not we are having a yard sale this weekend and there are some last minute things to do for that.

I hope you will join me, like I said everyone needs a shirt, and this is a classic shape, a good staple for any wardrobe. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rhodora55
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006 08:35:49 AM »

Well, I guess I was wrong.  I will still be making this if anyone is interested.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rostitchery

almost perfect is good enough

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006 08:44:20 AM »

bless your heart--it was probably very disappointing for you to make such a great invitation and then not get any response.

you're right--this is a wonderful design and i know that i can always use a new blouse--i'd be happy to join you!  but i won't get to start on mine until a few weeks because i'm finishing up some other things right now, hopefully i'll be going to see my parents this weekend so i'll plan to start on my blouse when i get back.  (after 10 july).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

who i am: www.ella-echo.com
what i do:  www.rostitchery.com

"when was the last time you did something for the first time?"
rhodora55
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006 12:53:22 PM »

Thanks, I will be very interested to see how yours comes out, I love your work.  I probably won't get started until next week also because we have family visiting.  I will try to post my material this week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rhodora55
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006 05:46:35 AM »

I cut my pieces this weekend, sewed the front darts, and made the ties.  so far so good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rhodora55
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006 10:06:14 AM »

All I have left to do is the hemming and the armhole, facings.  I really like it but I don't think it is going to fit me.   I guess it is good to figure that out now and not after I bought some expensive fabric.  Anyone else out there making this shirt?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MyDestny
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006 03:10:50 PM »

I will be making a shirt soon! I don't know if it fits in your category though. It's more of a kimono-styled top. But I will definitely post pics when I'm done. Oh, and I'm making two tops for my neice who is pregnant. Not maternity patterns but some shirt patterns we are thinking are roomy enough for now. I will post pics of those too, when I'm done.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

...i finished off the rest of the ice cream so i expect to be having another butt in the morning!!

www.etsy.com/GeneriOnline
http://www.generionline.com
MyDestny
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2006 03:11:51 PM »

I guess I misread the post. I'm not making the shirt you are, so I will probably just post them in the regular clothing section. Sorry about that!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...i finished off the rest of the ice cream so i expect to be having another butt in the morning!!

www.etsy.com/GeneriOnline
http://www.generionline.com
rhodora55
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2006 07:41:13 AM »

I am going to try to finish this weekend.

rostichery-have you started yet?

MyDestny-no problem good luck on your kimono top.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rostitchery

almost perfect is good enough

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006 09:25:57 AM »

my shirt is cut out but not sewn yet--i have about a dozen projects on the cutting table that have to be completed.   Smiley  see, even if you sew for a living, you don't get to sew for yourself that much--that's why i prefer making clothing with one seam.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

who i am: www.ella-echo.com
what i do:  www.rostitchery.com

"when was the last time you did something for the first time?"
rhodora55
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2006 10:11:41 AM »

Might finish this weekend, depending if my daughter takes a nap.  I can at least take some pics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyCoug

Croquet at Molbaks

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2006 01:30:00 PM »

I saw this thread a while ago and now I'm making a shirt (not your shirt), but I thought of the thread again anyway...

So, my question for you two is, have you finished?  I am nearly done w/ mine - cuffs, hem, hand sewing (ew), and buttons.  I'm very pleased w/ how it's turning out, but not pleased w/ my cutting and subsequent collar sewing abilities - must try this pattern again!  I'm using an old McCall pattern that I swiped from my mom - conveniently she doesn't remember using it, so it's mine!  He he.  It's a cute western style shirt in blue w/ yellow calico yokes.  I will post it when I'm done, hopefully this weekend.

Hope yours are going well!

-CC
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm down w/ a personal swap now and then!  PM me!

www.craftycougknits .blogspot.com
rhodora55
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2006 06:06:47 AM »

Nope not done yet.  My daughter has decided she doesn't want naps on the weekends so my sewing time is really limited now.  All I have left is the arm hole facings, hem and buttons.  Maybe I will stay up late tongiht and work on it.  What does your fabric look like?  Mine is an old sheet with pink stripes.  Maybe I can take some pics tonight also.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyCoug

Croquet at Molbaks

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2006 05:49:06 PM »

Here is mine.

It's done in the sense that the sewing is finished, however, Rostitchery is helping me to redo it as it is not comfortable to wear at all.  
I plan on remaking it in the same material and w/ the same yokes.  I actually love it very much, which is kind of new for me, so next time it will be perfect, I hope!

P.S.  sorry for the back shot, the front shots are weird looking
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009 01:21:35 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rhodora55
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2006 06:05:23 AM »

I like it.  I was looking at this western style pattern a while back, but decided on a different one.  Hope the corrections work out well.  I would also like to see the front if you have time to try to the pictures again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyCoug

Croquet at Molbaks

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2006 07:08:35 AM »

The front will be a while, I have to do it over first Smiley  I think it's scary looking...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rhodora55
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2006 05:31:49 AM »

took some pics last night, will post later.  still need to do the buttons. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Origami Dogs
How to Do Origami
How to Create an Origami Butterfly
How to Make Your Own Origami Heart
How to Do a Box Origami
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...