A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 300,915
Currently Running With Scissors:
518 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: blue stripey pinwheel baby blanket  (Read 6889 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

iheartmyTHO
Experiment With A Chemist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2006 08:53:22 AM »

It looks like there's a time portal in the floor or something. o_O

I was thinking the same thing! lol. This looks awesome. I wish I had a baby just so I could make one of these....Maybe I'll make one anyway. lol.  Roll Eyes

you could always make an adult-sized version of the blanket.  I know that lion brand has a similar blanket pattern out.

since i liked how this blanket turned out, i actually went back to jo-anne's and bought 3 skeins of the same yarn in this hot pink color, so that i could knit an adult sized version of the blanket.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fire*rocket
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2006 09:56:51 AM »

I'm having the worst time with this blanket.  Angry I've started it a bunch of times and used everyone's suggestions but still can't get it right.  One thing I'm having trouble with is the part where you need to yo to get 20 stitches.  Because you have to knit 1 first you only end up with 16 or so stitches, not the 20 that the pattern calls for.

I need to make this blanket b/c I love it so much!!!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
subloke
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2006 11:06:39 AM »

One thing I'm having trouble with is the part where you need to yo to get 20 stitches.  Because you have to knit 1 first you only end up with 16 or so stitches, not the 20 that the pattern calls for.

If you start with the 5 stitches, then increase into each stitch to give you 10, the round where you yo to get 20 means that you are doing 10 YOs.  so, you have
k1, yo, k1, yo, k1, yo, k1, yo, k1, yo, k1, yo, k1, yo, k1, yo, k1, yo, k1, yo
which will give you your 20 stitches.  Then, each increase round you will have one additional stitch to knit before the yarnover.  Your stitch count will increase by 10 stitches each increase round.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

if you can't be a good example then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

http://yesimadethat.blogspot.com
miss_jms
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2006 11:22:58 AM »

I'm having the worst time with this blanket.  Angry I've started it a bunch of times and used everyone's suggestions but still can't get it right.  One thing I'm having trouble with is the part where you need to yo to get 20 stitches.  Because you have to knit 1 first you only end up with 16 or so stitches, not the 20 that the pattern calls for.

Firerocket:  I think you may be having trouble with the YOs.  I found this out the hard way, too.  When you use DPNs and have to do a YO, you have to slip stitches between the needles so that you can do the YO between two stitches.  You can't do a YO at the end or beginning of a DPN.

Does that help?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iheartmyTHO

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2006 09:17:43 PM »

Firerocket:  I think you may be having trouble with the YOs.  I found this out the hard way, too.  When you use DPNs and have to do a YO, you have to slip stitches between the needles so that you can do the YO between two stitches.  You can't do a YO at the end or beginning of a DPN.

Does that help?

Instead of doing the yarn overs which I found difficult to do on double pointed needles, I did kfb (knit into the front and back) of the first 10 stitches. It seemed to work alright. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fire*rocket
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2006 07:32:00 AM »

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll have to give them a try!   Smiley  I'm going to be in the car with my sister in law for about 6 hours tomorrow and she's a knitting wizard.  Hopefully she can help me get it started.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sosidegal
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2006 11:32:12 AM »

I ordered the exact yarn for this yesterday.  I can't wait to make it.  I hope it comes out as good as yours.  Thank you
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Brook Smiley
check me out at http://sosidegal.blogspot.com/
iheartmyTHO

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2006 07:07:52 AM »

fantastic!  please post pictures when you're done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
George Melloan Talks About The Great Money Binge
Paige Toon Talks About Chasing Daisy
Laurie Abraham Talks About The Husbands and Wives Club
Andrew Clements Talks About We the Children
Regan Hoffman Talks About I Have Something to Tell You
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...