A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,478
Currently Running With Scissors:
518 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitty Summer 2006  (Read 3722 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aliastriona_angerboda
Pirate Queen, Insane Woman, Complete Nerd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2006 12:45:11 PM »

I like this issue...some really pretty stuff, and I'm a total sucker for names with literary/historical/cultural references in them...Carpathia, Perdita, Widdershins, Baudelaire...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

apixiegrl
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2006 01:00:38 PM »

yay for knitty!! i think im going to put lots of the patterns on my list of christmas presents to knit.. (yes i start knitting presents in july..pretty sad )the fingerless gloves look fun..(^_^)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

scarletkittycat
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2006 01:15:53 PM »

yay for knitty!! i think im going to put lots of the patterns on my list of christmas presents to knit.. (yes i start knitting presents in july..pretty sad )the fingerless gloves look fun..(^_^)

Thats how i felt about this issue, lots of stuff not necessarily for me but presants for others, I am considering making the fingerless gloves for myself though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nongshim
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2006 01:26:31 PM »

At first I was like, "Ugh, effing socks." (I haven't gotten into socks  Wink) But there's always a silver lining in Knitty, so I can say that I'm all about the patterns that call for one skein of yarn or less. I'm neurotic about running out of yarn for projects and as a result I have tons of leftover oddballs I can't use for anything else.

Those Fetching mitts in particular look like a great stashbusting, instant gratification project. Along with the bracelet and the necklace.

Of course, the articles are always great, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sandraregina

Knewbie knitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2006 01:32:49 PM »

At first I was kind of put off by hats and mittens in summer, but then I realized it was actually a pretty good idea. Well, for slow knitters like me, any way. By the time I finish some of this stuff, it will be cold enough to wear it - whereas if it was all lacey tunic tops and knitted bikinis (not that I would ever wear a knitted bikini, or any bikini for that matter) by the time I finished it, it would be too cold to wear.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got knitting needles, and I'm not afraid to use them.

This year I'm doing the 'Na-No' again: www.nanowrimo.org
30 days + 50,000 words + No sleep + Too much caffeine = One Novel in One Month.
Gette13
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2006 02:02:22 PM »

Hurray!  Love it!  (And not just because I want to kiss up to the Knitty Gods for being sad about the LAST issue....)
I think maybe this one is neat to me because it's 'themed'.  The literary references make me feel smart, the small projects aren't completely daunting, and there is enough challenge to keep me learning. 
Knitty, I adore you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Be bold.  If you are going to make an error, make a doozy, and don't be afraid to hit the ball."  Billie Jean King
MostlyHarmless
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2006 02:37:52 PM »

I like the hat with the waves. I also kind of like the wristwarmers, the ones from the cover. They would make a good quick project.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crnaofca
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2006 03:44:36 PM »

i love the new issue. cookie made a perfect socks again, wristwarmers are very cute, and i'm so happy about that necklace! i love crocheted beads, but i'm probably too stupid to crochet, so i was just admiring them... till now:D and i might have a perfect yarn for rpm... mhm... Smiley

and yes.. i have tattoed wings... what to say, what to say:)

and another yes, i study mathematics, and i love topology... klein bottle, you are mine:D
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006 03:46:18 PM by crnaofca » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Candy doesn't have to have a point. That's why it's candy.
~~~~~~
Will knit for PJ pants:) PM me:)
~~~~~~
Anyone interested in swapping Steve Jackson's "Munchkin" custom cards?
Kerry Berry
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2006 03:54:37 PM »

Hee, I just read the copy for Swell, and I wish I lived in San Jose...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

trisarahtop
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2006 07:05:20 PM »

I'm excited! I've barely gotten through the first bit that my screen shows without scrolling, and already I have 3 patterns bookmarked.

Does anyone know anything about the yarn for the Lickety Split socks? I saw them and I knew I had to make them, but I can't find the yarn anywhere. I checked yarndex and it's not listed, and Google hasn't come up with anything either. Grrrr.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just have a few words: nitwit, blubber, oddment, tweak.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Artist Creates Incredible Photo-Realistic Pencil Drawings
A Poodle That Paints
Renderer Clark Smith Sticks to Traditional Media
Shantell Martin: Following Her Pen
Art Spiegelman Tours His Retrospective
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...