A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,366
Currently Running With Scissors:
655 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitty Summer 2006  (Read 4772 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kikaszgrrl
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2006 07:22:54 PM »

Will someone share the excitement with me please? Or really, the link. I am quite intrigued.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mandalol219
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2006 07:37:55 PM »

http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer06/

there it is!! Does anybody who has looked at the socks and their patterns have a reccomendation of the pair that would be easiest to start?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi, I'm Amanda =]

I'm just getting back into this, but if any pictures are missing, let me know. Photobucket hates me.
vasetthi

Iron Goddess of Mercy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2006 10:26:08 PM »

Does anyone know anything about the yarn for the Lickety Split socks? I saw them and I knew I had to make them, but I can't find the yarn anywhere. I checked yarndex and it's not listed, and Google hasn't come up with anything either. Grrrr.

I just ordered Knit Picks Pallette for the Lickety Split socks.  It's the same gauge and has lots of color choices.  I haven't actually made adult socks before, so this might be a little ambitious for my first pair, but I'm going for it!  I absolutely love them!

I think this is a good issue to help me with my get-ready-for-the-holidays-all-year-round incentive.  Lots of great gift ideas. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You know, for kids.
pureeva
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2006 10:41:18 PM »

I'd been waiting and waiting, checking back to see when the new issue would be out. But when I clicked tonight - page after page of socks, gloves, and hats. I must be the only one out there who is completely unenthusiastic about this issue. I do love gloves, socks and hats (especially hats!), but I was hoping for a good project or two for summer. Ah well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAYBOT DOES NOT COMPUTE!

http://pureEVA.etsy.com
trisarahtop
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2006 12:31:55 AM »

Summer Knitty is supposed to be cool-weather stuff. The warm-weather items come in the spring issue, I guess so you can have them in time for the warm weather.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just have a few words: nitwit, blubber, oddment, tweak.
Gestalta_Sara
Queen Two Shakes and a Shimmy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2006 03:47:29 AM »

I'd been waiting and waiting, checking back to see when the new issue would be out. But when I clicked tonight - page after page of socks, gloves, and hats. I must be the only one out there who is completely unenthusiastic about this issue. I do love gloves, socks and hats (especially hats!), but I was hoping for a good project or two for summer. Ah well!

nope, I share your unenthusiasm
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knits_with_animals
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2006 04:10:00 AM »

I love this summer's issue of Knitty.  I'm a big fan of travel knitting (yep, I have knitted at the beach and on all trips that allow me to play passenger) so I love small projects.  I'm not a huge sock fan but I absolutely love Baudelaire and can't wait to get started.  Fetching is also on my list--what's not to love about one skein projects in yummy yarns?  I'll pick up 2 skeins though since I'm paranoid like that.  Tulip toes is also on the list--spiffy baby gift to have on tap.  I'm going to take a stab at Allete for my niece (soon to be 3).  She loves fairies and I think she would enjoy a pair of wings.  Now, if only I could finish the stuff I'm supposed to be working on...........
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sockpuppet
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2006 04:36:10 AM »

Summer Knitty is supposed to be cool-weather stuff. The warm-weather items come in the spring issue, I guess so you can have them in time for the warm weather.

Actually, Summer Knitty has almost always been a themed kind of issue. This year it was "Extremities", last year it was the "Man issue",
and the year before in was "Sex in the Knitty".  It's topic is usually announced in the submission info so designers will know what types
of projects to submit. The cool weather stuff is generally in the Spring issue.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ultraviolet
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2006 06:25:47 AM »

This is the last year that the summer issue will be themed. On her blog - or in the issue, I don't remember - Amy says that after this, the summer issue will contain warm-weather items.

Of course, I can never knit items appropriate for the current season because by the time I'm finished, that season is over Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://blog.threegoodrats.com

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
brena80

She isn't real... I can't make her real

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2006 08:40:45 AM »

I was hoping for more warm-weather knits as well.   But I always am.   Living in Florida that's all I knit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
9 Hacks for Celeb Worthy Summer Style
Fashion Week Bloopers
Latest Bra Obsession: Chantelle Sports Bras
How to Rock Striped Shorts
Make a Statement with Pinstripe Flares
Latest Blog Articles
Mountain Views
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...