A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 304,745
Currently Running With Scissors:
697 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty People in CT: Do you exist???  (Read 8192 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ibunnysavetroy
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2007 06:52:17 AM »

If i understnad CT correctly I'm sorta in the center - bristol.
Bristol is very much in the center, that's where I'm from. What part of Bristol are you in/ what crafts do you do?
I'm right off route six - near starbucks/stop and shop. I walk to that plaza all the time!
I knit/sew/bake....yup!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

silverrose43
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2007 12:36:33 PM »

I live in Norwich in southeastern connecticut. there seems to be no other crafty people in this area of the state. I like to make jewelry and sew and I'm trying to learn to crochet. I wish i could find some other crafty people, most people haven't even heard of where I live.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kristin
MatteasMama
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2007 06:41:50 AM »

This is so funny because I've been thinking the same thing for so long! Well apparently we exist we just don't know each other....lol! Maybe we can have a meet up or something?

I'm Rebecca, I'm 22 and I do just about everything...I sew, crochet, screen print, stencil...I'm a geek :p I also have a 10 month old little girl and my favorite thing to do is make things for her! Oh and I'm about to venture into jewlery too...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007 06:42:38 AM by MatteasMama » THIS ROCKS   Logged
MatteasMama
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2007 06:43:41 AM »

I live in Norwich in southeastern connecticut. there seems to be no other crafty people in this area of the state. I like to make jewelry and sew and I'm trying to learn to crochet. I wish i could find some other crafty people, most people haven't even heard of where I live.
I've heard of it! I used to work in Norwich actually...it's a bit of a trek for me but if you want to maybe meet up sometime PM me! I'm dying to meet other creative people!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ibunnysavetroy
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2007 02:48:43 PM »

does anyone here go to the starbucks in bristol (on route six) knit -night? I went there on tuesday and I felt odd. I'm young and they were all older, I went with some friends, and we sat in our own little circle. I felt unwelcome...Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ragdoll193
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2007 08:53:28 PM »

I would if I weren't in Massachusetts for school. Maybe during winter break I can go to a couple and meet you there? I'd love to know someone else my age who knits
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
♥the military will not stop me from crafting♥
ibunnysavetroy
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2007 12:12:24 PM »

that'd be great - I think for the next few weeks, though me and my knitting friends will alternate houses, but we can come to starbucks when you are there - just let me know the date!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

editorgrrl
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2007 01:17:59 PM »

There are 200-ish crafty people in Connecticut on the Nutmeg Knitters group at Ravelry.com:
http://www.ravelry.com/groups/nutmeg-knitters.

(Ravelry's still in beta, but you can sign up for the waiting list.)

Edited to add that as of January 18, 2008, Nutmeg Knitters has 307 members -- and Ravelry isn't even open to the public yet.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008 11:37:22 AM by editorgrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

freckles81
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2008 05:20:19 PM »

I'm 26 and I live in Vernon, unfortunately it's quite a haul from Norwalk. I don't know if I'd consider myself an all out crafty person because I haven't made anything in awhile. But I'm definitely a crafty admirer and could spend all day browsing etcy.com. I usually make things with the help of my aunt and haven't been brave enough to do anything on my own. So if I had someone to help me I'd be good to go. I'm interested in sewing, quilting, knitting, crochet etc...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
editorgrrl
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2008 11:41:59 AM »

Freckles81, don't miss the Connecticut Sheep & Wool Festival the last Saturday in April at the Tolland Agricultural Center in Rockville:
http://www.ctsheep.org

PS. There are groups closer to you than Norwalk. I link to all the Connecticut groups I know about at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SnB_NewHaven.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Richard Russo on Getting a Memoir Published
Poet Terrance Hayes Practices Creativity
Literary Vs. Commercial Fiction: Why Success Matters
Cheryl Strayed: How to Survive Family and Loss
Marie Arana on Simon De Bolivar
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek
October 15, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...