A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,736
Currently Running With Scissors:
656 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty People in CT: Do you exist???  (Read 7669 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thisisserious
« on: June 21, 2006 10:08:11 AM »

I don't have any crafty friends and it's beginning to drive me insane. Seriously. Haha. I want somebody to craft with! My friends will come over when I say I'm working (working=sewing/crafting) but they say it's fine and come over anyways and all they do is complain about how they're bored, even if I offer to teach them how to make something. I want some crafting company!

Obviously I'm not going to be like, "Nice to meet you, here's my address!" if somebody actually exists in this area that's crafty, but if we chat online for a while and get along it would be awesome to have somebody near here to craft with. Even if someone reading this just knows of a crafting group that meets up weekly/monthly, I'd be more than happy with that.

As far as location goes, I'm in Fairfield County (Norwalk).

I feel like I just wrote a classified ad. Haha.

EDIT: I just realized it would probably be a good idea to give some more info about me. I've been sewing/crafting for almost 10 years. I predominately sew apparel, bags/purses, accessories, and stuffed animals. I dabble in almost every craft (my room is like a craft store...it's ridiculous) but probably spend the most time crocheting, embroidering, and making jewelry & paper goods. I've been going to school online since my sophomore year in high school. Hmm...what else? I'm a little hesitant to say my age because 99% of the people I have encountered who are the same age as me have appalling behavior and do and say the things that I did when I was 12 or 13, so please don't judge me based off of my age. Now that I've given my disclaimer (haha), I'm sixteen. Lastly, something completely random...I have a fat pug named Nala who snorts and is an adorable chubby pig. Hahaha. Ok, I'm done.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006 01:04:53 PM by thisisserious » THIS ROCKS   Logged
thisisserious
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006 12:49:03 PM »

I exist!! I'm 23, I live in Wallingford, and I predominately make jewelry.

You're so far though! Isn't Wallingford just over an hour from here?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
krazigal72
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Jeweled Whore

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006 02:32:39 PM »

yeah Sad.   Wallingford sucks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only dead fish go with the flow.

If you're gonna play with fire, then you're gonna get burned.

Craftster has the best Mod Squad ever. <3

Remind me that we'll always have each other
When everything else is gone.
CraftsyFattie
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006 07:48:43 PM »

I'm in CT!!
I'm underaged, so I don't think I can give my town, but I live near Windsor.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bonbonz101
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006 06:04:07 PM »

I exist!! I'm 23, I live in Wallingford, and I predominately make jewelry.

Wallingford? I'm right next door in North Haven !

thisisserious, I'm 16 as well, and my friends are exactly into crafting, so I feel your pain! It's too bad you live far away though  Undecided

There seems to be a lack of craftiness in CT, I mean, there are a few yarn & bead stores in New Haven, but other than that, there isn't much. Craft fairs just seem to be the same old thing ... too-expensive jewelry that looks the same, and painted birdhouses. *Sigh,* I wish a crafting revolution could happen soon!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Back from a long hiatus!
PM me about personal swaps Tongue

Wists: http://www.wists.com/bonbonz101
Style blog: http://mypolychromelife.blogspot.com
Check out my vintage Etsy store!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6023310

Smiley
LilithParker
Creative. Disturbed. Online.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006 09:34:38 AM »

25, knitter, seamstress, crocheter, well-rounded Jane of all trades, living in Windsor (CraftsyFattie, we need to talk!)

For yarn people, there are a bunch of stores up this way. Creative Fibers in Windsor and Criations in Somers are my favorite. If you sew, you absolutely must visit Affordable Fabrics in Rocky Hill (on the Silas Deane). I found some black linen (feels like 100%, but no label, and I haven't gotten around to burning it yet) there a few weeks ago... $2/yd, like everything else in the store. Cheesy

Anyone interested in a CT crafters picnic? I'll organize it if y'all bring food!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

headbunnie
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006 04:36:44 PM »

29, in coventry. knit sew crochet paperstuff beading - haven't done much lately because i've been sewing seat covers for our boat and a whole boat cover.

there is a new fiber store in coventry - knitting nook - the lady is super nice and seems helpful. tole me to bring my stuff in and she'd help me out.

i'm down with a craft picnic or meet up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AutoXchick
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007 08:13:18 PM »

We're here, we're just apparently not very chatty Smiley

I'm near Bristol, I sew, I'm learning to knit, I make paper invitations and quilts and jewelry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ibunnysavetroy
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007 06:31:19 AM »

i'm IN bristol. I know we have a knitting night club thingy at the starbucks here, but it's all older women (i'm in high school), and i don't partciulary feel comfortable.
any young knitters in the bristol area? Want to have a teen/twenties knitting thingy..Huh
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007 06:31:48 AM by ibunnysavetroy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheCraftyCat

The truth is out there... anybody got the URL?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007 06:47:25 PM »

I'm in the Norwalk area as well.  Crafty people do exist in CT - I commute on Metro-North, and I occasionally see someone knitting or doing needlepoint on the train.  (Besides myself, that is.  Tongue )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Victoria Beckham Designs Chic Denim
How to Dress for Your Hair Color: Brunette
Beyonce Debuts Her New Bob on Stage
Nasty Gal Designs Shoe Cult Collection
Marchesa Debuts Affordable Daywear Line
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...