A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,796
Currently Running With Scissors:
747 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Period Pouch!  (Read 6763 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: June 21, 2006 06:30:01 AM »

So every lady must have had that situation, you drop your bag and everything spills out, including the tampon/sanitary items. Just at that moment when a big group of guys are walking past, or its raining, or your rushing to get somewhere. Yes its humiliating, and yes, it happened to me not too long ago. I seem to have many a bag that don't have the interior pocket to place the discreet items.

So during the latest throws of PMT, I decided upon a period pouch. I just had to use my beautiful handmade bag that my brother purchased for me, accessories are vital of course! but alas, it's missing the pocket! Coupling this with the fury that only chocolate can cure, and my rage towards every silly boy who had ever dared utter the words, "oh that time of the month is it", manifested in this. A pretty pouch, that looks cute and girly, but carries a kick. Yes girls, every girl should have one!

You can have as many cards as desired, and believe me, these are some of my tamer ones. On particulary angry days a few expletitives may be found Wink

Final side,

Thanks for looking Smiley

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006 06:38:08 AM »

that is genius. I am in love.

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006 07:01:32 AM »

I need one of those!

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006 07:07:32 AM »

Ooh, I love all the stitching!  Did you do the patchwork too?  Fantabulous.  And on a personal aside, I could have used one of these last month.  I looked up from my desk one afternoon to see my one year happily chewing away on the cotton end of a tampon he'd swiped from my bag!  Cheesy

Hufflepuff Seeker - Dork Extrordinaire

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006 07:08:53 AM »

Oh, that's great. I don't even have the problem of them spilling out of my bag normally, but I use so many different bags and I never remember to transfer my "girly stuff" from one bag to another. This would really help with that, too.

What material is the clear pocket made from? Is it hard to sew through?

"I do believe in the power of stuff..." - Sokka

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" - Dumbledore

Water Tribe Hufflepuff, married to an Earth Nation Ravenclaw.
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006 07:12:38 AM »

Thanks girls! I'm hoping to open an etsy store soon, do you think this would appeal?

sead it's a quilted pouch, so it's extra chucky, and doesn't just flop about like some pouches! So yes, all the patchwork was done by me, once I did one side it went quite quick, it was just getting started that was a bit of a pain! It would be perfect to stop little fingers though I feel!

Dorkariffic it's just clear plasticy vinyl. Yes not too helpful I know! you can pretty much buy it from any material store. In that small amount it was fine sewing through. I've yet to attmpt a bigger scale, so I wouldn't know about that.

Am I beautiful? Am I usable?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006 08:14:13 AM »

That is really great! I've been meaning to make a patchwork project since I have SO many scraps. If I had that though, my card would have to say something like "Ben and Jerry's needed" Smiley It's my drug of choice for monthly woahs Smiley

Hold me and tell me "We'll burn like stars. We'll burn as we fall. Watch as city lights dance for us."

That's Mrs. Daniel Radcliffe to you

you didn't see anything...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006 02:48:42 PM »

darling! tell us what more of the cards say pretty please *bats lashes*

"...thrashing around like a pair of eels all over the place..."--Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Pirate Queen, Insane Woman, Complete Nerd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006 04:16:19 PM »

That's really cute, and very very useful...

...but please, do tell us what the other cards say  Wink

...Oh, she's a crafty one, she is...

.:Drama Queen.. in the most literal sense:.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2006 04:25:06 PM »

Love it! Thanks for the idea! Wink

-Millions of peaches, peaches for me. Millions of peaches, peaches for free- Look out!-
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Do A Goddess Up Do
Tips On Avoiding Hair Loss From Bleaching
How to Get Kate Middleton Hair
How to Get Beachy Waves
How To Get Temporary Bangs With Clip In Extensions
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kindling Bundle
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters
@Home This Weekend: Rustic Wreath

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...