A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 299,171
Currently Running With Scissors:
488 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Psychedelic laceweight yarn?  (Read 565 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sock_Tan
Argyle Dutchess.

View Profile WWW
« on: June 21, 2006 05:40:29 AM »

Ok, so I wanted to make something devoted to my obsession of the Beatles psychedelic years because it's really inspired everything I do creatively (The first song on a musical instrument I learnt how to play was lucy in the sky)

and I'm bent on making the Pi shawl from Best of Knitters Shawls and Scarves.

I don't care how much this yarn obscurs the lace pattern (me knowing it's a daimond lace that goes with the theme is good enough for me) and I'm experienced in lace so barely being able to see my stitches with the busy colors doesn't bug me. I want to keep the total price under $30, but I'll take ANY suggestions.

I royally SUCK at dyeing stuff on my own, so that's no help

Thanks so much in advanced, I know a lot of you HATE any varigated lace yarn from the start
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Oh well we sometimes feel we're to blame in some way for what our gran's become. I mean she used to be happy here until she, she started on the crochet.
 Now she can't do without it. Twenty balls of wool a day, sometimes. If she can't get the wool she gets violent. What can we do about it?"
Maryam Ovaci

I love you, Interlibrary Loan.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006 12:25:56 PM »

Handpaintedyarn.com! I was looking over there today, and a 800yd skein is about $7-8 and looks really lovely Smiley You might also check in their "odds and ends" section for more out-there colors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You bring Athena home five minutes after her curfew and not only does Zeus smite you with a lightning bolt, he transforms into a goose and seduces your mom." - Questionable Content

My own tiny knitblog, soon to include spinning!
http://pandabonzai.blogspot.com/
grrrlartist
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006 02:45:52 PM »

i second that!  i have bought a lot of yarn from them and always had great success.. plus they are very nice people, and quick to answer a question if you have one.  the colors are very vibrant!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dear mom, please send yarn.  and coffee.

http://grrrlartist-knits.blogspot.com

grrrlartist@yahoo.com
Sock_Tan
Argyle Dutchess.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006 09:53:01 PM »

You guys have great tastes, I happend to be almost done with a shawl and a scarf made with the lacewieght. The do have some pretty out there colors, now that I look. Smiley

If I can't find anything there that pops out at me I might go for KnitPicks Shimmer in Stained glass
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Oh well we sometimes feel we're to blame in some way for what our gran's become. I mean she used to be happy here until she, she started on the crochet.
 Now she can't do without it. Twenty balls of wool a day, sometimes. If she can't get the wool she gets violent. What can we do about it?"
sachis2112
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006 10:55:25 PM »

Go check out Cabin Cove.  Dave's a really nice guy and he's VERY fond of bright colors.  If you asked him for it, I'll bet he'd dye it up for you.  There's nothing there right now that will suit your needs but, like I said, he's fond of bright colors.  His prices are totally reasonable.  Here's one of his dyeing posts.  There's a lot more in his blog with bright colors too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thewaka
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006 10:38:03 AM »

Hi, I'm new here. Smiley

For Cabin Cove, try http://www.cabincovemercantile.com/ instead. The other links didn't work for me. They were missing the ":".

Diana S.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyVegan
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006 11:56:00 AM »

I feel like I nerd for actually liking stuff about Pi ... everyone else I know hates anything to do with the subject. Ever see the movie Pi? I loved that...
Anyway, I googled it and that's such a pretty shawl ... looks tough, but it'll be rewarding when you finish! I vote for the Stained Glass yarn ... Don't forget to post pictures for us when you finish!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Where's Frank?
sachis2112
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006 05:28:59 PM »

For Cabin Cove, try http://www.cabincovemercantile.com/ instead. The other links didn't work for me. They were missing the ":".
Doh!!!  Sorry!  And thanks for posting it correctly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw a Panda
How to Draw a Cute Pig
How to Draw a Penguin
How to Sketch Anime Noses
How to Design a Cartoon Girl
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...