A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
540 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Firefly/Serenity Round 3 Gallery!  (Read 14105 times)
Tags for this thread: firefly , serenity , whedon , tv , video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Starsview
Queen of Procrastination

I've been meaning to make myself a crown...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2006 07:15:13 PM »

Grin Grin Grin

So I just got back from seeing Pirates of the Caribean: Dead Man's Chest (which btw has me in the mood for a pirate swap  Wink) and you'll never believe what happened!

I was so thrilled with my package that I wore my Captain Tight Pants shirt today, like I said earlier, and while we were walking in line to give them our tickets so we could go into the theater, this lady stops and points at me. (to which I am thinking, I don't know her do I?) And she says "Look at her shirt!" so I move the strap of my bag out of the way to show it off and she's like look at my bag, which has "Browncoats" written across it and a Jayne hat Cell Phone cozy hanging from it. It was awesome to run into another Browncoat around town  Smiley And then to top it off, after we were seated she came up to me said "Hey Browncoat" to get mt attention and hands me this card:

and she tells me to go to  www.OutToTheBlack.c om, thats where she got her bag. She runs this lil place and thought it was so neat that I'd share it here  Smiley
Because its hard to read, the rest of the card says:

Out to the Black Outfitters, By Browncoats for Browncoats
Sue Regonini (shinyhappyklin) SHK@OutToTheBlack.com
www.OutToTheBlack.c om
www.cafepress.com/outtotheblack
Shirts, accessories, art and other shiny goods for Browncoats 'round the 'verse!

*edited to fix picture link*
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006 08:09:13 PM by Starsview » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Thats Mrs. McGonigal to you! No really! ✩10.25.09

wistsportfoliosketchbook
marelly
Mazza Tres Fuxy

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2006 02:50:48 PM »

Yesterday I received an AMAZING package from Rain!!! I got a wicked haul from my awesome partner. I don't have the wherewithal to show you guys any pictures, but I got: a cute mod Altoid tin with Mal pics, some foxy Mal fridge magnets, an ink brush set (we think haha), a sexy Mal frame, a really nice bracelet with Chinese-style beads, and a Captain's log journal with Mal quotes written inside. I also got--as the piece de resistance--a FANTASTIC "Captain Tight Pants" t-shirt, which fits like a dream and is officially the coolest t-shirt I own, and coincidentally, I too am wearing it to see Pirates of the Carribbean 2 tonight (I swear it was planned before I read that post! I SWEAR!). I think I'm gonna have to steal a digital cam just so you guys can see it. Rain thank you SO MUCH! And thanks again, Shylittlegoddess, for organizing such a wicked swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What's the best thing about doing business with pirates? *FREE SHIPPING*
Rain
Teal Turtle Queen

« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2006 05:07:13 PM »

A few pictures of the stuff I sent to marelly:

« Last Edit: July 09, 2006 05:09:09 PM by Rain » THIS ROCKS   Logged

michaelasmom

Nobody is born a bigot..........

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2006 07:26:11 AM »

and a Jayne hat Cell Phone cozy

A Jane hat cell phone cozy?Huh?  I want to see!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Any idiot can handle a crisis.  It's the day to day living that wears you out."  -- Anton Checkov
Starsview
Queen of Procrastination

I've been meaning to make myself a crown...

« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2006 09:15:53 AM »

and a Jayne hat Cell Phone cozy

A Jane hat cell phone cozy?Huh?  I want to see!!

Oh I wish I had a picture! I didn't get it in my package, the Lady I saw at the movies had it. Just picture a mini Jayne hat turned upside down so the little ear flaps and strings to tie it with are able to tie around a purse strap, with a cell phone nicely nestled inside. Saturday night definitely was awesome Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Thats Mrs. McGonigal to you! No really! ✩10.25.09

wistsportfoliosketchbook
geek-pride

Hands up if you're over Twilight!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2006 10:12:41 PM »

Good news! My package from shylitlegoddess arrived last night!
It was in a humungo-sized box! Shocked
I will post pics very soon!

(glad to see you are back Miss Violaceous! You had me worried!))
THIS ROCKS   Logged

geek-pride

Hands up if you're over Twilight!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2006 11:22:08 PM »

As promised here are the pics of the loot!
I opened a gigantic sized box wondering what could be in there that was so bulky?

Of course! A tray!  Shocked  And an envelope of enticing goodies!

Here is a clearer shot of the tray with Serenity glyphs painted on the white base. So useful for carrying meals to your little sister when she's locked in the brig for attacking certain crew members with a knife....

"But what was in the big yellow envelope?" you may wonder :
A singlet! In the colour I ALWAYS wear ('cept for my Jayne hat of course) - black!
And speaking of The Black - it reads "You can't take the sky from me" in silver paint. And amazingly (considering my *ahem* decolletage shall we say...) it fits!

What else was in the envelope? Now these had me perplexed for a brief second...then I realized! Juggling geese! They are flat right now because they just need to be stuffed with beans and stitched closed! It all makes sense!

This was a pleasant surprise! A Sugar Comet produced by BlueSun! So much less problematic to eat than an Ice Planet on a string! Good for stirring the coffee too!

Cutest of all was this: Jayne! His hat comes off and was originally in his backpack which can actually be used as can his pockets! He is standing next to the best DVD ever so you can get an idea of his size. He's got a bit of stubble happening on his face too! Love the wrist bands. They just complete the outfit!

I MUST make him a Vera! (You can tell I'm excited by all of the exclamation points I keep using!!!!)

But there was more! This pretty bag (also in my colour of choice) made from a lovely asian fabric with chic bamboo handles and black lining :

And with the bag : a purse! Made from the fabric matching the bag's lining and just the right size for my sexy sunglasses...  Notice the pearly button and I think the loop was hand made too.

Prettiest of all : The Inara-esque necklace. Look at the beautiful colours of the glass beads! And the pendant is a beautiful red but it looks darker in this photo.

Thanks shylitlegoddess! Jayne Goes with me everywhere I go and the necklace is the perfect length and makes any outfit look more exotic! (oh and the Sugar Comet is no more! Yum!)

Thanks for hosting too!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011 12:00:22 AM by Phizzychick - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

iScreamedMyselfHoarse
Boldly screaming where no one has screamed before...

And Jesus, I'm ready to go home...

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2006 06:12:30 AM »

Oh dang! I want juggling geese! Amazing package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

He wraps Himself in Light, and darkness tries to hide and trembles at His voice... How great is our God!

PM me if you would like to trade something knitted for a size 12-20 Built by Wendy sewing Pattern... never been used!
Radegund
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2006 07:28:10 AM »

I love the squishy Jayne and the juggling geese!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shylitlegoddess
Jill of most trades

Why is there bacon in the soap??

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2006 09:16:44 PM »

geek-pride.... look in his holster.  Grin -giggle-

I'm SOOOOO glad you like everything, and that the shirt fits. By the way, it was washed before applying the paint, but not after the paint was put on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lunchtime Live -- New Fashion Mistakes In The Office
Best Bikini Bottoms to Flaunt Your Butt
Make Your Own Fringe Shirt For the Beach!
DIY Beach Fashion: Stenciled Shorts & a Beach Coverup
Get 3 Stylish Patriotic Fourth of July Outfit Ideas
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...