A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,557
Currently Running With Scissors:
766 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Go everywhere cardigan----Finished  (Read 4221 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lisacb
« on: July 28, 2004 09:16:01 PM »

I'm thinking of knitting this up but I started reviewing the pattern and the numbers aren't making any sense to me for the back pattern? I've gone through old posts and no one has mentioned any problems--I'm thinking maybe my math is completely off --, can anyone point me in the right direction?The pattern reads as follows, my remarks/? in bold:

Back:
CO 102 sts
Work 12" st st
BO 4 sts at beg of next 2 rows So you'd be left with 94 sts, right?  {102-8=98}
Dec 1 st each side every 2nd row, 5 times--86 sts  ok here's the confusion--if I'm dec.1 st each side then is that 2 sts each side every other row? And if so then 2 x 5 is 10 sts that are to be dec. in total, which would give me 84 sts instead of the 86 as per pattern?

« Last Edit: November 25, 2004 03:54:01 PM by monty » THIS ROCKS   Logged
greenchick

Enough to make a pearl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2004 05:20:47 AM »

I looked on the errata page for Sn'B (http://www.knithappens.com/) and didn't come up with anything there. This is a link to the designer's homepage - she might be able to help http://www.freshbakedgoods.com/press14.php (I think this is her site) as there does seem to be a problem with the directions.

I did the math on the other sizes and they all compute. My suggestion (and take it for what it is worth) would be to decrease 1 stitch each side every 2nd row 4 times instead of five times since the other sizes are all multiples of two. I don't think that the differece of two stitches will make that big of a deal.

Hopefully someone else will comment on this and help out as well.

Jill
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004 05:27:30 AM by greenchick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lisacb
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2004 01:50:42 PM »

I sent an email to the above website you posted greenchick, so hopefully I'll get a response. Thanks!

ETA: LauraJean emailed me back to let me know that it is a typo, the number of stitches should be 84 (when doing the 37")
« Last Edit: August 01, 2004 04:57:37 PM by monty » THIS ROCKS   Logged
lisacb
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004 09:10:33 AM »

Looks like there's another error on the sleeves? I keep doing the math and my number is different from the patterns:
 CO 44 sts
 Inc 1 st each side every 6 rows 18x, then every 7th row 2x. (82 sts remain) --I'm getting 84 sts, is this going to be a problem since it will mean that later in the pattern my remaining sts will be 66 instead of the 64? I can't see 2 sts making a big difference but I'm wondering when seaming if thats where it will show?--

Bi 4 sts at beg if bext 2 rows, dec 1 st each side every 2nd row 5x. Bo rem 64 sts

THIS ROCKS   Logged
greenchick

Enough to make a pearl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2004 10:02:18 AM »

This only thing that I can think of is that instead of increasing twice on each seventh row, do it just once. I did a quick calculation on the other sizes and they seem to be right. In the end, I really don't think that the two stitches will make much difference, but you never know. In all actuality, I would bet that the increase with the 7th rows should be only once.

Jill

PS - How is the sweater going, BTW? Can't wait to see pictures!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lisacb
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004 07:27:27 PM »

Thanks for all the advice greenchick! I'm sure your right and 2 sts won't make a difference, I'm just going ahead and doing it as the pattern states so I'll be left with the 66sts.

So far I've finished the back and I've now started the sleeves, I'm hoping to be finished by the end of august.  I'll post a photo of the cardigan once its finished.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2004 04:05:43 PM by monty » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bells
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2004 12:26:22 AM »

This is so helpful! I'm just starting this project and so this kind of info is invaluable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lisacb
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2004 03:58:38 PM »

Knitting this cardigan was pretty quick, the finishing on the other hand took me a while longer. I used Estelle young touch cotton dk in rose for the body and Mission falls cotton in frost for the trim. So here it is, the end result:

(sorry about photo size, if anyone can help me make it smaller let me know)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2004 07:34:47 PM by monty » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bex
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2004 06:59:17 AM »

LOVELY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Guys I've made an awesome new discovery! Blue and yellow mixed together makes an entirely different color... I'm gonna call it, BLELLOW!!!!
bryonyramsden
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2004 11:58:29 AM »

Love it!  I know that the mohair edging put me off knitting it for a while, but to see it like that inspires me Smiley  Shame I have two jumpers to knit at the mo  Undecided Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am so boring I think people should be interested in me. 
www.bryonyramsden.c o.uk/wp - Library Girl Knits
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Guinness Beef Stew with Nathan Lippy
Sugar Sweet Sunshine Bakery - NY, New York
Lure Fish Bar, SoHo, New York
How to Make Garlic Toast
How to Make Macque Choux
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...