A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,217
Currently Running With Scissors:
615 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Does the organizer organizing a swap.....  (Read 952 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ElvenOne
She's and Odd One That One...

Ooh! Tasty!

View Profile WWW
« on: June 18, 2006 07:38:14 AM »

Help you determine whether you do the swap or not..??

I was just wondering, whether anyone has this..? Where you want to do a swap, but are a bit iffy cause of the person who is organizing it..??

I just ask cause i have had heaps of interest in a swap Idea, and then when I post sign ups, not many people sign up for it...

Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How can we possibly become a strong person, if we have an easy life? The tougher it is, the tougher we have a chance to become if we choose to fight back. Tough times never last but tough people do. - Rick Gettle.

MORE TRUE THAN EVER
starlawill
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006 07:45:32 AM »

not with me. i've never had a situation where i doubt a swap because of the organizer. i don't know if i should or not, but i've never checked up on an organizer before joining. if i like the swap, i join.
i wouldn't take it personally. honestly, i've actually posted about being interested in a number of swaps, and then for one reason or another, wind up not signing. i WAS interested, but sometimes i either lose the inspiration i had, or else don't have time for it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ElvenOne

Ooh! Tasty!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006 07:55:24 AM »

not with me. i've never had a situation where i doubt a swap because of the organizer. i don't know if i should or not, but i've never checked up on an organizer before joining. if i like the swap, i join.
i wouldn't take it personally. honestly, i've actually posted about being interested in a number of swaps, and then for one reason or another, wind up not signing. i WAS interested, but sometimes i either lose the inspiration i had, or else don't have time for it.

Thanks for such a quick reply.... that was what I was thinking...  I was also curious to see others points of view, thanks Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How can we possibly become a strong person, if we have an easy life? The tougher it is, the tougher we have a chance to become if we choose to fight back. Tough times never last but tough people do. - Rick Gettle.

MORE TRUE THAN EVER
Quincy134
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006 08:31:50 AM »

I've never really thought of checking up on an organizer.  I've organized swaps where a lot of the people who sign up are totally different from the ones who commented in the "New Swap Ideas" thread.  So those discussions aren't always a good predictor of what will actually happen. 

I wouldn't sweat it.  I'm sure it's just the vagaries of everyone's schedules. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkMafia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006 11:33:47 AM »

I know that sometimes I post that it sounds great and then when signups come I'm too busy.
I do check the organizer because there are some I feel don't do a good job (you are not one of them) and some are new and I feel like a lot of new organizers make mistakes that make the swap less fun.My largest problem with organizers is when they partner people up without even reading there questionnaire or trying to match similiar people up. I dislike getting people with complete opposite taste as mine and that can do all of the same crafts. I would rather make something that the person can't make themselves and who's interests/style are similiar so they have a better chance of liking what I get.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006 01:39:21 PM »

i'm the same as pinkmafia. i do check the organizer, but it's usually just to make sure it's not an organizer who i've been unhappy with in the past. my biggest complaints are the same as pinkmafia's, poor partnering, though there are one or two organizers i won't go back to because of organizing issues.

if it's a super complicated swap, and the organizer is a first-time organizer, i might not join, because i think you need to have some experience before you take on a complicated swap.

but i really don't think most people check! i'll say that i'm interested, but then not have time to participate, because hey, life happens. it has nothing to do with the organizer. i did that ith one of pinkmafia's swaps, and i think she's a fabulous organizer! my life just got too complicated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
qazicat
Qazicat

Just not enough hours in the day to do craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006 04:40:06 PM »

Don't take it personally Elvenone,  people will either join a swap or not, and will have there own reasons.  I'm organising my first swap now. (Just about finished).  Lots of people said that they were interested but in the end only 11 people signed up.  I have taken the view that people were too busy to sign up.  And that is what I will continue to think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Qazicat Designhttp://www.netspeed.com.au/qazicat/

My Wists - http://www.wists.com/qazicat

I am willing to do personal swaps for ATCs
ElvenOne

Ooh! Tasty!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006 08:24:59 PM »

thank you all for your replies... it wasnt so much of a personal thing.... (well it was kindof) I was mostly curious to see if people do. If im interested in a swap, and havent seen the organizer around before, I generally check them out, but, only to see what they are like and to get a feel for who they are, I just like meeting and getting to know people.

I am also rather curious hehe Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MORE TRUE THAN EVER
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Homemade Jammie Dodger Biscuits
How to Make Chocolate Eclairs
How to Make a Vegan Pumpkin "Cheesecake"
3 Sweet Ways to Upgrade Leftover Halloween Candy
A Spooky MasterChef Junior Cookie Decoration Contest
Latest Blog Articles
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...