A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,540
Currently Running With Scissors:
694 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New purse with losta pockets and funness! **photo heavy**  (Read 2581 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

toomuchrock

Just another day in suburbia

View Profile WWW
« on: June 17, 2006 07:40:41 PM »

So I eventually find something wrong with every purse i make for myself.

This is the newest addition of the collection. I like this one because it has a pocket for everything specifically.
A pocket for pens, camera, pda, cell phone, and keys... everything else just floats in the bottom.

I also notice that the more purses i make the bigger they seem to get. I think i just draw stuff in there.

I like to have stuff to keep me occupied if im out and get bored. A friend of mine said i reminded her of the girl in  the breakfast club who just dumped all the stuff in her purse out on the table. Well, yea i've done that before to break up the silence at a dull moment or two.

Without further ado, the pictures!

« Last Edit: March 13, 2007 07:52:34 PM by jMi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I craft, Therefor I Rock!

toomuchrock.etsy.com

MOOLA! It amazes me
Never heard of Moola? PM me or click the link for More details.
not2old4glitter
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006 07:54:10 PM »

I think 20$ is low, but I have never sold anything in etsy so I don't know what comparable things go for. Just judging by how long it would take me to make that, it seems low. For a big purse like that with all the pockets, I would say at least 30$.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

toomuchrock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006 07:57:35 PM »

id say... from start to finish it was probably right at 2 hours. That was drawing the pattern and everything.

Fabric was $1 yard deal at walmart... im out now, wish i had bought more of both the exterior and interior.

I wish i could find great fabrics like i see in lost of other peoples shops, but i have no clue where tehy get them, and it kills me to pay more than a few dollars a yard for fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

toomuchrock.etsy.com

MOOLA! It amazes me
not2old4glitter
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006 08:07:51 PM »

That was about my guess on the time, but I was estimating more for materials. $1 a yard is a great deal for that cute fabric! But I don't think you should pay yourself less than $10 an hour on labor so I still think $25-30 is a very fair price for it. Maybe the people who sell things will have a better idea. Do alot of people low-ball their prices on etsy? That can make it hard for the ones who want to pay themselves a living wage on their own labor.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

toomuchrock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006 08:16:13 PM »

not that i try to low ball, i just enjoy doing it alot and i just dont want to cheat anyone.

plus im a cheapskate myself and never pay full retail for anything, so i assume other people are poor college folks like me and need a deal, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

toomuchrock.etsy.com

MOOLA! It amazes me
CraftMomNancy
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006 08:31:03 PM »

id say... from start to finish it was probably right at 2 hours. That was drawing the pattern and everything.

I'm in awe of all of you who are so fast sewing bags and other things. It would take me at least two hours to draw a pattern and to cut out the fabric,then at least 3 hours more to sew it together. I guess I can never hope to make stuff to sell. Undecided I think your bag looks great and it will sell fast at $20.
Nancy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
not2old4glitter
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006 08:33:32 PM »

Oh I never like to pay full retail either in stores, but mass produced stuff is a whole nother ballgame. For handmade stuff I expect to pay more and I don't think 10$ an hour for your time is cheating anyone, you can barely live on that here! Don't cheat youself either. People who just want the cheapest price will go to wallmart, but people who want something unique I *think* will be willing to pay for it. Maybe I am unrealistic though- I have never sold anything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cyndiq
i am aka sewsweet08 on yt come say hi

aussie craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2006 08:42:29 PM »

i like it. with the zip etc, i would make it $30-32.  dont forget they take commission.
goodluck. cyndiq
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lesa25
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2006 08:45:01 PM »

I'll go for 30-35 for it. Wonderful work loving it:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~~Lesa AKA Lesalicious~~~

My Blog, I crochet and sew
http://lesalicious.blogspot.com/
novemberlies
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2006 09:13:58 PM »

etsy's commission is hardly anything though, Maybe $1 on a $25 bag.  I think 25 is a good deal, I personally am low-balling it on my etsy shop for now, at least until I gain more confidence from buyers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Prepare a Sweet Lassi
How to Cook Pad Kaprow Koong
How to Cook Murgh Makhni
How to Prepare Mango Chutney
How to Prepare Malaysian Chicken Wings
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...