Superhuge thanks to loves2experiment for the swap write up, any errors are mine. Swap name:
Ongoing Fabric Swap III – The Summer EditionCraftster member who is organizing this swap
: MelesseSign-up date range:
OngoingDate to send items by:
Seven (7) days after someone claims from your list!Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):
Nope. The more the merrier!Non-U.S. participants allowed?
Yes!All ages allowed?
Yes (Parental consent required for those under 16!)Organizer meets the 4 conditions for swapping and will make sure that every participant meets these conditions:
Yes, indeed!DETAILS OF SWAP:
If you’ve got stashes of fabric, this is the swap for you! This round will be taking place from June 21, 2006 until August 31, 2006!
For each claim, you will get to select a total of 1/2 yard of fabric (in the form of two (2) fat quarters OR a half yard piece). In return, you will then be required to make a post with a minimum of eight fabric swatches that you have available for someone else to claim.
This is what went on in the first round and the second round of the swap.
Ready to play? Please read the following sections on 'HOW TO PLAY' and 'RULES' for this swap before signing up to get approved for this swap!
First time swappers! Please be aware that since this is an ongoing swap, you will not receive positive feedback even if earned until the swap ends (on August 31st) or you leave this round. I strongly recommend signing up for a short term swap to fulfill your new swapper requirements then coming in and joining the fun here!
The amount of claims you are allowed is based on your craftster and swapping status. New swappers get one claim, non-FOCs get 2 claims and FOCs get 3 claims. ONGOING FABRIC SWAP GALLERY!HOW TO PLAY:
Step 1. Send in your answers to the swap questionnaire to get approved for this swap
Step 2. Prepare your lists and photos of your fabric so that you’ll be ready to post the list when you make a claim! Remember, you need 8
minimum! Along with the pictures, you should describe the type and clearly specify the quantity of fabric that you’re offering! For example:
1. Brown and Turquoise Cotton Batik. 1/2 Yard Piece.
Step 3. Watch the swap thread for something you’ll like to claim. To claim, post a reply along the lines of “I claim #2 and 6 from love2experiment’s stash”. Then send a PM to the person you’ve claimed from listing what you’ve claimed and include your name and mailing address.
Step 4. Now that you’ve made a claim, it’s your turn to post your list of fabric swatches! If the thread idles for a couple of days, please take the initiative to add more selections to your list! When someone chooses from your list, you have seven (7) days to get the swap package out the door!
Step 5. If you have not maxed out on the number of claims you have been approved for, you may keep on claiming. If you have reached your limit, you will not be able to make another claim until one of your partners has received a swap package from you.RULES:
1. You may not participate in this swap until you have been pre-approved by the swap organizer and are listed on the “List of Approved Swappers.” If you’re thinking about participating, go for it and get pre-approved. By doing so, you’ll be ready to make a claim when you see something you like
2. If you participated in the Ongoing Fabric Swap I or II, please make sure that you’ve sent out all your packages for that swap (i.e. the packages should either have been received by your partners or are on their way to your partners) before signing up for the Ongoing Fabric Swap III.
3. You must have ready access to a camera and know how to post pictures in the swap thread. Please make sure you have your list (either links or pictures) of fabrics available when you start swapping! You will need to have a minimum of eight fabric swatches in your posts. If you’re posting pictures, please make sure that you showcase pictures in groups of 4s (i.e. post 2 images, if you have 8 fabric swatches). You may also choose the option of posting links to your fabric swatches. If you do that, please make sure that your links work!
4. All participants must be willing to ship to international destinations. Since we’re only sending a total of 1/2 yard of fabric, shipping costs should be pretty reasonable.
5. After a claim has been made, you have seven (7) days to mail your package! Check out the second post of this swap thread to know when your swap packages are due.
6. Delivery Confirmation Numbers will be required for swap packages that are being sent within the United States. If you’re sending a package to another country, or if you don’t reside in the United States, please save your receipts! Remember to send the DCN info to your swap partner(s) and the organizer (that would be me, Melesse)!
Shipping Tip For US Residents (courtesy of kategirl): The USPS requires that the package measures at least ¾” thick for a DCN. If your package is too flat, it might be necessary to bulk up the package with a couple of plastic grocery bags to get the DCN!
Shipping Tip for Sending TO Canada: Canadian Customs really, really likes getting their cut ($5 handling fee plus taxes on the declared value). Please remember to mark your customs form with gift and NCV (No Commercial Value) or NA (Not Applicable) when sending to Canada.
For US swappers sending to Canada (thanks to yarncookie for the info): The name of the form is Custom Declaration CN-22 (PS Form 2976) and is green and white. But you have to fill it out at the post office, you can't get it off the usps website.
7. It is important to communicate with your partners and the organizer. You must let the organizer and your partner know when you have shipped, received or may be late! You are still responsible for sending out the swap package in a timely manner!
8. Please offer fabric selections that others would want to claim. Try to include a variety of fabrics in your lists. Another good rule of thumb to follow is this: If you're offering a piece of fabric to "simply get rid of it", that's probably not a good thing!!
If that sounds good to you and you want to participate, send the following information to the organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Ongoing Fabric Swap III
Your full real name:
Have you read the rules for this swap and understood how this swap works?
How many fabric swatches will you be required to showcase when you make a claim?
Do you promise to communicate with your partner(s) and the organizer when you send, recieve or are late?IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER (me!) VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also remember to consult the Swap Info Guide
and Swap Etiquette
to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.LIST OF APPROVED SWAPPERS
NOTE: The number in parenthesis next to your name is the number of swap packages you owe for this swap. If your name is in ORANGE
, you have reached your limit of claims and won’t be able to make another claim until one of your partners has received from you. New Swappers - Approved for one (1) claim:
gavagai (0 claims used! 1 claim sent & received!)
[removed from swap]Non-FOCs - Approved for two (2) claims:
atsuko (0 claims used! 5 claims sent & received!)
fishrubbergreen (0 claims used! 2 claims sent & received!)
Frew-Frew (0 claims used! 2 claims sent & received!)
igobylorib (0 claims used! 2 claims sent & received!)
liebschien (0 claims used! 2 claims sent & received!)
SunshynDzyne (0 claims used! 2 claims sent & received!!)
yarncookie (0 claims used! 3 claims sent & received!)FOCs - Approved for three (3) claims:
aeronberry (0 claims used! 7 claims sent & received!)
cotneyroo (0 claims used! 5 claims sent & received!)
fairgreenlady (0 claims used! 5 claims sent & received!)
groschveux (0 claim used! 7 claims sent & received!)
Homerof2 (0 claims used! 6 claims sent & received!)
[removed from swap]
Hookin Flamingo (0 claims used! 3 claims sent & received!)
[removed from swap]
ilovepaper (0 claims used! 1 claim sent & received!)
jaybirdiscrafty (0 claims used! 5 claims sent & received!)
loves2experiment (0 claims used! 3 claims sent & received!)
Melesse [organizer] (0 claims used! 12 claims sent & received!)
MissMeshell (0 claim used! 1 claim sent & received!)
peachtreebend (0 claims used! 4 claims sent & received!)
qazicat (0 claims used! 2 claims sent & received!)
rosali (0 claims used! 9 claims sent & recieved!)
[removed from swap]