A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 298,788
Currently Running With Scissors:
676 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: easy white eyelet drawstring skirt!  (Read 3899 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

anniefee
« on: June 17, 2006 10:32:57 AM »

this morning i was suffering from a mildly intense migraine. what compelled me to make a skirt, i don't know. but i did! and it was easy! except the waist is a little bit too big and gathers too much. and i didn't bother changing out the thread so it's sewn with lilac thread on a white skirt. ah well, what can be expected when you're half delirious? Smiley

i put the drawstring in the back because i hate front drawstrings....i alwasy feel like they add so much to a part of me that already has plenty!

front...

back...

close-up of the waist - with the pin still in the cord! Smiley

bad, bad pictures of me in the skirt

it's definitely see-through, so i'm going to have to wear a slip under it. ew...slips in florida are gross. but i might make a fun petticoat to make under it, to make it swishy and nonsee-through and all-around more fun!

hope you liked.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006 07:38:56 AM by anniefee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done." Teddy Roosevelt

http://annieisabel.etsy.com
Tara1979
They Saved My Life...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006 02:21:42 PM »

I love this! Did you use a pattern, or did you wing it? I like it a lot - maybe I will try my hand at one (if I can ever get my sewing machine threaded - ugh).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anniefee
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006 02:33:39 PM »

i totally winged it! i measured my waist, divided in half, drew the half measurement from the fold, and then drew an angled line from the end of the waist line to the bottom of the skirt. totally totally easy. Smiley try it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done." Teddy Roosevelt

Tara1979
They Saved My Life...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006 02:38:43 PM »

Oh I will! I think I can do this by hand, so I will certainly try Cheesy Thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
reese299
yep, its like that

a little of column A, and a little of column B...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006 09:34:41 AM »

So pretty and summery!  I have a lot of white eyelet material my MIL gave me that this would be perfect for.  My daughter and I can have matching skirts (she is 7, and not horrified by that kind of thing-yet Cheesy)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Whenever I draw a circle, I immediately want to step out of it." -r.b.fuller
itsnikki
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006 01:40:14 PM »

Slips in MS are gross too. 'Specially when it's muggy and hot and ew.

Hey, that's really really pretty.Cheesy I like it.Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stupid people do stupid things, smart people outsmart each other.

My LJ

-Add me to your livejournal, and I'll add you back!!
nkay
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006 08:27:14 AM »

So pretty!  I've wanted to make an eyelet skirt for 2 summers now, but just never do.  It looks perfect for summer.  Good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anniefee
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006 05:11:42 AM »

it is summery and cool and fun to wear. thanks for all the pretty compliments! Smiley completely easy to do. i encourage all to go forth and make their own white eyelet drawstring skirt! Wink

reese299: yes! matching skirts are the best! my mom and i would periodically have matching clothes until i was 16 or 17. i guess i was weird, but i loved it! of course, they weren't exactly matching.....i wore my dresses more casually and hippie and little house on the prairie and she was more taillored!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rydell
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006 03:20:34 PM »

instead of making a pettycoat or a slip, maybe put in a lining? something thin and breatheable but at the same time, non seethrough.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anniefee
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2006 06:19:01 PM »

instead of making a pettycoat or a slip, maybe put in a lining? something thin and breatheable but at the same time, non seethrough.

that is a most excellent suggestion. i thought of that, too, monday night when i wore this skirt to a going-away party. the slip kept making the skirt ride up! yuck!

i have an old white cotton sheet that would do nicely. i have to re-do the waistband anyway. Smiley thanks for the suggestion!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Three Things You Never Thought to Do with Thanksgiving Sides
How to Make a Classic Southern-Style Cornbread With a Modern Twist
No-Fuss Turkey Breast and Cranberry Stuffing Casserole Recipe
Making Extra Hot Chicken at the One Eared Stag in Atlanta
Country Cornbread Stuffing Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...