A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,213
Currently Running With Scissors:
532 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New finished projects - animals, amigurumi, spaceship img heavy  (Read 3759 times)
Tags for this thread: dog , dachshund , rocket , dragon  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« on: June 17, 2006 07:25:01 AM »

Here is what has been keeping me busy the last week - making toys for my boys... the dragon took the longest.  It was soooo time consuming.    The chihuahua, dachshund, spaceship and dragon were all out of Japanese toy books.  My oldest son didn't like the dachshund.. but he adores the spaceship and has been playing with it for days.  My youngest son loves his chihuahua.  I just finished the dragon.  It took me longer than all the rest of them combined.  They picked out the colors for all of them.  The dragon originally called for fringe attached to a length of chains then sewn on but I could already predict the fringe falling off and him crying for hours so I did a simple chain 6 slip onto its back...  He loves it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
Penguinhorde
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006 07:59:51 AM »

They are fantastic toys - just right for stimulating young imaginations. Has the dragon been for a ride on the spaceship yet?  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tamara-loves-monkeys

Sock Monkey Love!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006 08:14:58 AM »

Those are awesome! Cheesy

That dragon does look pretty complicated. I am sure the chain was a better idea than fringe for a toy that will actually be played with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Making stuff is good for you!
http://www.SockMonkey.net
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006 08:20:42 AM »

Logan keeps his spaceship in his room - it periodically comes out for a cruise around the house - I just finished the dragon this morning.. but that one is for my little one.. he started playing with that one before I even had the legs on it - he was soooo upset that it didn't have eyes(he picked out those lovely eye colors.. )  Now I have to make a spacehip for my youngest - and he has asked for a fire breathing dragon.. I will be designing that one myself. 

Aaaaaand... the dogs didn't go over so well.. those amigurumi have such monsterous sized heads that they just fall over.  I told them that they are tummy rubbing dogs...
So I am copying my pedigree pattern of the dachshund and will be starting that one after I finish up the current round of "to be paid for" designs that are dues oon(countdown - I have to mail out a finished item in less than 2 weeks, then 3 more by the end of July... I shouldn't have been making so much for the kids... but hey, I needed a diversion.. and it has made them so happy.  Logan has his snake right now and Collin has his dragon..  That dragon did come out pretty cool.)

and there is also a chihuahua pattern on the web that is "life sized" so I will be making that for Collin... He likes Chihuahuas. Logan likes Dachshunds... they both want a real dog but their daddy is a stick in the mud and obviously an animal hater - which I didn't know when we were married - especially since I had 2 greyhounds, 2 birds, 2 turtles... now we have an empty house but I do have a koi pond now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
hobbledehoy

The Hobbledehoy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006 05:26:20 AM »

awww...  I adore the space-ship.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the shop:
http://hobbledehoy.etsy.com
the blog:
http://elizabeth-stottlemyer.blogspot.com
twitter along:
http://www.twitter.com/hobbledehoy

I'm generally open for fiber swaps!  PM me Cheesy
lyndzlulu
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006 09:56:25 PM »

right now I am very much in love with you!
I've been trying to figure out what to make the bf for his birthday and the spaceship would be perfect!
ps. everything looks beautifully done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
toriem
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2006 04:12:02 AM »

aww I'm in love with the daschund! I love the little loops on its ears and tails.  Can you tell me which Japanese book it's from?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"AMI AMOUR is crochet love"
http://amiamour.etsy.com
http://www.myspace.com/amiamour

Crochet Blog: "from the crochetgrl hotel"
http://crochetgrlhotel.livejournal.com
stefanixia
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2006 05:03:15 AM »

Cute ! I specially love the daschund  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2006 06:18:55 AM »

I'll have to check which book that came out of - I think it was collection#2 - maybe #3...I don't think it was groovy world.  Ag.  It is in one of them..

He looks cute but his head is soooo big that he just falls over.  My son didn't like it much.  He does have his spaceship on display - and my other son loves his dragon.. he sleeps with it - although lately he has been all about dogs - and has been sleeping with "Chiwawwee" and a few others that he has...

Let me get back to you on the dachsi on which book it is in.  It is really small - worked up fast.  The loop stitch does make him that is for sure!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
Nikkidear
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2006 02:28:42 PM »

I totally love the spaceship! I want one. Grin

Great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Interview With Author Christina Shelton
Targets of Revenge by Jeffrey Stephens
Far From the Tree Audiobook by Andrew Solomon
Room No. 10 by Åke Edwardson
J.A. Jance Discusses Deadly Stakes
Latest Blog Articles
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...