A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,176
Currently Running With Scissors:
540 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hi there! HELP WITH UNIQUE BABY SHOWER :)  (Read 3390 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TokyoChiNa

Don't be scared to FLIRT a lil!!

View Profile WWW
« on: July 28, 2004 11:54:45 AM »

Hi there Crafty people Smiley Ok, I am 6 months pregnant and my mother in law, mother and sisters are throwing us a COUPLES SHOWER. The thing is, I personally want it to be SUPER fun!!! I know I'm not supposed to plan it, but hey, I am @ least going to say what I want. I want it to be "END OF FREEDOM" shower... lol... No more partying, etc. The rest of lives is going to be DEDICATED to raising a child and I want to have fun with that Smiley This is our first. Does ANYONE have any suggestions? Ideas? Decoration ideas?  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lilleftie818
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004 06:29:05 PM »

i think u should have like a ball and chain, handcuffs.. u know things like that that symbol loss of freedom!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dyabolica

Gaze into my eyes and submit to my puppy dominion!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004 07:19:49 AM »

awe how sweet, my husband's friends thru him a diaper poker party for our 1st child, they each brought a jumbo box of diapers over, as the anti up to get in the game, then whoever won the current pot donated 5.00, he ended up walking away with a ton of diapers and about 100.00. I of course took all the diapers back and bought diaper fabric to make my kid cloth diapers, cloth diapers were much more economical and we were so poor and a couple of tree huggers to boot. Now I give cloth diapers at babyshowers, its nice to have them even if you use disposables, because who wants to go to the store at 3am to get diapers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

R.I.P Jon 7.15.07 I will never get over losing you!
End the war in Iraq, we have lost enough our
Fathers, Mothers, Sons and Daughters! I won't be on Craftster for a while, I am just not feeling creative.
TokyoChiNa

Don't be scared to FLIRT a lil!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004 07:36:29 AM »

Hehehehe! Those sound like CUTE ideas!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

openwindow
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2004 12:14:10 PM »

YOu may have had it already, but an idea anyone could use would be a "baby betting board" --  There were two -- one for the date the baby would be born on and one for the length and weight of the baby.  It was split into squares and each square was a dollar or two, except for the ones that are the most likely (doctor's due date and average baby length/weight, those were a little more) -- it was a lot of fun, and we gave all the money to the couple ! Smiley

Sharon
THIS ROCKS   Logged
geedownie
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2004 12:35:13 PM »

What about having everyone show up in jammas to represent the lack of sleep you're going to get once your little one shows up. *laughs*

There was a game that involved melting different chocolate candy bars in different diapers and the guest have to look at each diaper and guess what candy bar it is.

Put stickers on people's place cards or chairs one sticker gets "grown up prizes" and a different sticker gets "baby prizes". Adult prizes being 2 tickets to the movies, a bottle of wine, gift certificate for a restaruant... baby prizes being .. a kiddie show video(Blues Clues, Baby Einstein etc), a package of baby bottles and a gift certificate to babies r us. Distribute the prizes at the beginning of the shower and during the shower if someone says a certain word or phrase people have to scramble to steal prizes from other people.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hyper-Real Sculptures and More Arts Stories
Toad Sculpture Chainsaw Carving Time Lapse
Student Snaps 19th Century Statue While Snapping a Selfie
Expensive Modern Art Thrown Out By Cleaning Lady, Confused With Trash
Willed: The Artists
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...