A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 299,170
Currently Running With Scissors:
482 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Photography - Amateur (Image Heavy)  (Read 810 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Nehcterg
« on: June 16, 2006 02:06:04 PM »

i've always loved to take photographs, earlier this year i finally bought myself an okay digital camera. this pictures have been taken over the past few months.

this is a flower bud on an extremely large aloe plant that my parents have.

an apple blossom in my backyard, i really love this picture, except the bug right in the middle of the photo

cherry blossoms, again i get a bug in the picture

the over-grown garder filled with forget-me-nots

my dog clover

another one of clover, running though some grass in a field near my house

obviously its a bonfire

a sunset taken at the bonfire above

two of my friends at the same bonfire, i just love the way fire illuminates things

probably the most random of all, its a lamp base that just looked really interesting against my blinds

thank you for taking time to look at these photographs, any comments/criticism is welcome
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CrazyFool
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006 11:06:55 AM »

Good job.  I really like your bonfire picture and the sunset. The people dancing(?) is fun to because its so random. But dont feel discouraged about getting bugs in your picture. I always go out of my way for little bees and flys. Ive spent the better part of an hour chasing this one little bee around because he wouldnt stay still for the picture.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Well...Damn The Man!!!
Nehcterg
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006 04:58:43 PM »

Thanks. I think the one of the sunset is one of my favorites. The people illuminated by the bonfire were pretty much standing there (I think), their body language kind of makes it seems that they are arguing, but the one on the left is on her cell phone and the other is just gesturing to talk to the person on the phone (while holding her own phone, you can see a little bit of blue glow in the middle of the picture). I've also spent some time chasing a bee  around the yard trying to get a picture, unfortunately I didn't a picture of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
candycanechild
Paper Doll

version 4.1: she's just so clinically cynically.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006 06:08:42 AM »

my favorite is the sunset picture. it's the only one, compositionally speaking, that follows all the rules. you positioned the dock on the left, not the center, of the photograph, and that's what makes it art. placing the center of the interest in the center of the photo is probably the last thing anyone should ever do... even though that doesn't seem like it makes sense. next time you go to shoot a picture of anything, try moving the camera so it's not in the middle anymore. it reallly makes for a pleasing photograph. other than that, you have a really good eye!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knitting_nyxxie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006 05:56:05 AM »

The over grown garden and the sunset are my favorites they are great!!! Which camera are you using?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you in Middle TN Join us TN Craftsters!
Wist
Nehcterg
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006 12:56:19 PM »

my favorite is the next time you go to shoot a picture of anything, try moving the camera so it's not in the middle anymore.
Thanks for the advide, since I've posted this pictures I have some that are off-center and they are some of my favorites.

The over grown garden and the sunset are my favorites they are great!!! Which camera are you using?
Everyone seems to like the sunset. I use a Kodak z700.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Build Your Own Volcano
How to Make a Statue of Liberty Crown for the 4th Of July
How to Make a 4th of July Hat
How to Make 4th of July Flag Invitations
How to Make Handmade Books
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...