A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
488 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: being brave in my new swimsuits!  (Read 7358 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

suzie_ann

Let's get crafty!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006 07:08:27 PM »

those are cute!!! i love the ufo's Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

delfia
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006 07:09:33 PM »

Wow, you look gorgeous! The first one reminds me of that 1950's kitchy Hawaiian print - pina coladas and girls in grass skirts with curves to die for. Tres cool. Actually, the second one carries the 50's theme in a George Jetson-y, 50's futurist kinda way. Well played!!

A couple of questions. It looks like you've got a seam under the bust of the first tank. Did you work with a slightly different pattern for this one? did it give you a better fit? And the boy-leg bottoms - where did you find the pattern/tips on craftster for this?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
roxy nova
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2006 08:25:03 PM »

thanks everybody!

A couple of questions. It looks like you've got a seam under the bust of the first tank. Did you work with a slightly different pattern for this one? did it give you a better fit? And the boy-leg bottoms - where did you find the pattern/tips on craftster for this?

before i started, i did a search for "bathing suit" on all boards. alot of helpful things came up, but this one proved to be the most useful (and encouraging) for me:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=25958.0
i just did a new search though and ALOT of neat stuff came up, so check 'em out and i'm sure you'll get as inspired as i did!

i can't seem to find the pattern that i used for the shorts right now. it was from a regular bathing suit pattern from mccall's (or simplicity). they're a pretty basic short. i mostly used the pattern for sizing but you could probably use a pair of undies as a template too...
the first tank does have a seam under the bust. i used a lining for that one since it was a lighter colored fabric so i decided it might be easier to just line a top section than try to do the whole shirt (more comfortable too). you could make it as a straight seam, but i decided to get a little bit ruffley with it, so i cut the top section wider than the bottom and just gathered it with clear elastic. i did end up liking the fit of this top a little better, although i wish i would have made it a little longer 'cause i'm shy like that  Wink. i think it just turned out to be a little bit more flattering on me than the other since it accentuates the good curves...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I heard my mom say to her girlfriend, 'Any guy with feathered hair is *foxy*.'" --Bill Haverchuck
aliastriona_angerboda
Pirate Queen, Insane Woman, Complete Nerd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2006 10:36:34 PM »

They look wonderful on you  Smiley  I love the black one...I'm a total sucker for bright colors on black.

Gorgeous job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

reefundine
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2006 12:56:33 AM »

Those look fabulous on you, especially the first one! Awesomeness.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewlittletime

Pink frosting is wunnerful, dahlink!!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2006 05:02:41 AM »

Hurray!! Your swimsuits came out fantastic!
I think the first one is my favorite, but I like the fabric and embroidery choices for the other ones too. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kityeyes
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2006 05:53:01 AM »

those are cute!!! i love the ufo's Smiley

i really love them suits! they are so cute and..like everyone else said just about really  like the style with the long top and shorts bottoms...

and for who i quoted..i LOVE your icon!!! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

luciabug
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2006 06:27:06 AM »

Totally tropical!! I click "this rocks!"

Nice one girl!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BlueKarma
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2006 07:32:35 AM »

Way cute!  I, too, may steal your embellishment idea!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bleedingfingers
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2006 07:41:00 AM »

wow! those are really cute, and they look awesome on you!  i love swimming, and i keep thinking 'man, i should get a new suit' but maybe i should just try making one...
ha, ok maybe not. i'm not that good of a seamstress.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to draw Raphael from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
How to draw Alviss from MAR
How to Draw Angelica Pickles
How to Paint Saguaro Mask
How to Draw Donut head Homer - The special Halloween video - 39th Drawing
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...