A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,106
Currently Running With Scissors:
663 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: big green gathering  (Read 1978 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

radishdiva
« on: June 15, 2006 10:14:15 AM »

anyone here heading to this years big green gathering???http://www.big-green-gathering.com/
we just got accepted to take our recycled rubber workshop there,so if anyone is going, be sure to swing by and pay us a visit.
we are RUBBER REVOLVER and we will be in the green crafts area xx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EVERYONES WELCOME AT......
www.hauntedhousewiv .free-forums.org
impgirl
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006 03:48:12 PM »

Not going but looks fab - good luck with your rubber!! Btw still not heard from Otley about Farmers Market - if I wasn't on crutches I could probably storm the office!! Leeds Farmers market application states "produce must be grown, reared, farmed, caught, handmade, preserved, smoked, brewed, pickled or baked by the proposing trader". I have some plans outside the baby stuff which I think might fit in quite nicely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

prettycraftythings. ..a new monthly craft bazaar for the north of england...vendor applications now open...please see http://www.prettycraftythings.co.uk for more details
radishdiva
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006 02:27:27 AM »

what you mean NO pickeled babies for sale?? whats the world coming to? Tongue
im flapping like a nutter coz NOTHING is ready yet.
visualize me repeatedly headbutting the panic button! still i have faith
it'l be alright on the night-as they say....
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006 02:29:07 AM by radishdiva » THIS ROCKS   Logged

impgirl
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006 12:46:35 PM »

I shall keep everything crossed for you!! Let me know how it goes and what it is like for future reference - espesh in the child friendly dept. Hubbie wanted to take our little one to Download but I said no cos she is only two and a half and I think thats a wee bit young just yet! Although he has pointed out baby sized ear defenders to me before today!!

I don't think Leeds is quite ready for pickled babies although can you imagine the stall for hand reared kids (which technically fits their spec!!!) Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

prettycraftythings. ..a new monthly craft bazaar for the north of england...vendor applications now open...please see http://www.prettycraftythings.co.uk for more details
radishdiva
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006 01:23:32 PM »

ha ha true  enough! i wonder if they have to be raised organically??!!
bgg is uber kid friendly its quiet a mellow festie really, loads to see and do with a huge kids area in the village green with puppet shows and craft sessions (we have some great shields from last year)
and they do a fairy parade on the last day for all the kids who make wings and crowns and they get pulled along by the horse drawn crew by thier ankles....ha ha only kidding it by there necks really!
no there all piled up on wagons and taken around the site to show off,it's really sweet.
of course i dont get to see much coz i have to work my arse of so really im just getting the kids a free holiday,maybe see you next year Smiley...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bestsundaydress

colour me black and white

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006 04:08:47 AM »

Oooh, I'm going with a friend this year!   Cheesy  At least, hopefully, depending on if we can budget our travel! 

I went aaages ago when I was about 12, I'm 17 now, so excited to be going again!  I love it there, it's so lovely and relaxed and friendly!   Smiley

Will look out for your stall!   Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feed my crafting habit - buy my prints at http://silxy.deviantart.com/store!!
radishdiva
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006 01:47:58 PM »

cool! ours will be the most garish gazebo there!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Clarity
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006 04:43:07 AM »

It sounds like such fun,

If only they had something like that in the Surrey or London area. I really like the idea of Craft/ Farmer's markets, never been to one in the UK though.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

impgirl
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006 09:07:29 AM »

I'm pretty sure they have Farmer's Markets in London. The one in Otley where I live is the only one I have been to, so can't comment in general. It is a great market but is obviously somewhat biased towards food so I think kicking things up a bit with a bit of cgood old craftiness would be great!!

Most of the festival things I see usually always seem to be down south so I am always pretty fed up about that as it is a long way for me to travel with the little one but the Big Green Gathering does look great and has definate appeal for next year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

radishdiva
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006 09:30:59 AM »

clarity you should try spittalfields market (the old one i think?)
it has craft stuff going on at the weekends i'll try and find out were and when ,my friends daughter sells stuff there sometimes,
THEY used to have a northen gren gathering near leeds but the police charged to much for thier obligatory precence there so now it is no more Angry
today i dress the gazebo!! i got loads of plain white material for 50 p a metre and some with stars on for the roof and then i cut open this inflatable chair coz it wouldnt stay up,and took all the pink feathers out of it.
i think i will stitch them randomly to the ''walls' when ive done the hard bit,
then i need to get a chandalier on the go with these cool blue lights i picked up at international,
its going to look more like a wedding gazebo than a workshop!! lol maybe i can hire it out as a venue to make up the cash!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Macromedia Flash 8 - Creating Animations
Macromedia Flash 8 - Introducing Keyframes, the Transform Tool and Tweening
Macromedia Flash 8 - Duplicating Library Items
Macromedia Flash 8 - Adding Elements to the Stage
Macromedia Flash 8 - Introducing the Flash Interface
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...