A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,625
Currently Running With Scissors:
648 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Thrifty Knitter Tank  (Read 4220 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

juliesnider

So excited to be a month old!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2006 09:04:16 PM »

I think this one will work...  woo hoo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I'm old I don't want them to say of me, 'She's so charming.'  I want them to say, 'Be careful, I think she's armed.'" - G. Stoddart
craftykate
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2006 10:05:34 PM »

yay! I'm glad you got the picture hosting figured out. I think yours looks super cute. I really like it.

I stopped by a fabric store going out of business sale today. (I'm weak) I found the perfect ribbon to replace the black stuff I strung through mine temporarily. It's a lot wider than the black I had which is good. It's a purple-ish color with cream colored dashed along the top and bottom edges. It's absolutely perfect.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftykate.etsy.com

Yep, it's a knit blog
http://craftykate-knits.blogspot.com/

wanna trade? I heart personal swaps.
taloola
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Midwiffin' @ Mother By Nature Midwifery!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2006 12:53:45 AM »

must this tank have ribbon?  i am not a ribbony type of girl....can it do without? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fleurs
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2006 02:23:02 AM »

Craftykate and juliesnider.Your tank turned out wondeful!

I want to make one for myself but i'm a small size i don't know how to adjust it. Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rachelo
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2006 06:14:59 AM »

juliesnider,  It looks great!  Good job!
I might sit down long enough to finish mine!
I've been sitting on the increases for 2 days trying to decide which increase is tfbl. 
Hopefully I figure it out while it's still summer weather!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftykate
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2006 06:46:31 AM »

must this tank have ribbon?  i am not a ribbony type of girl....can it do without? 
It has a row of eyelets at the top so you can put the ribbon through, and adjust the top size if needed. I think if you are careful about gauge, you could substitute seed stitch like the bottom of the tank on the top edge too. I'd be sure to measuse around the top of your bust, and like I said keep an eye on gauge so it doesn't end up too big around on that top edge. it seems like it can be done with out the ribbon, but it has the potential of being big and floppy on the top. Mine fits pretty close on me so if I had skipped the eyelets I think it still would have worked minus the ribbon.

juliesnider,  It looks great!  Good job!
I might sit down long enough to finish mine!
I've been sitting on the increases for 2 days trying to decide which increase is tfbl. 
Hopefully I figure it out while it's still summer weather!!

yeah the abbreviation tfbl seems a little weird to me too. Try the knitting help video under increases for a bar increase or k1 f&b or kf&b. That's the increase that I did on mine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftykate.etsy.com

Yep, it's a knit blog
http://craftykate-knits.blogspot.com/

wanna trade? I heart personal swaps.
juliesnider

So excited to be a month old!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2006 07:04:24 AM »

craftykate - that ribbon sounds beautiful.  Mine is just some I had leftover from my sister's Lelah, so I may eventually look for something with a little more "pop" too.

tatoola - I think you would definitely have to do something different at the top, mine rolls without the ribbon.

fleurs - I think that it might work for you if you used smaller needles.  Mine stretches out quite a bit on me and it's a fairly loose knit so I have to wear a camisol under it.  If you used smaller ones it would be a tighter knit and smaller for you
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I'm old I don't want them to say of me, 'She's so charming.'  I want them to say, 'Be careful, I think she's armed.'" - G. Stoddart
rachelo
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2006 07:25:25 AM »

yeah the abbreviation tfbl seems a little weird to me too. Try the knitting help video under increases for a bar increase or k1 f&b or kf&b. That's the increase that I did on mine.

bar increase... I'll give it a go!  Thank you!  I couldn't find the whole tfbl thing anywhere on knittinghelp (someone on the discussion board said that it meant knit through front and back loops, and I couldn't find that either!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
penguino
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2006 12:25:43 PM »

Everyone's tank looks great.  I am knitting another tank right now.  When I am finished with that, then I am going to cast on this one.   Smiley  Too bad I didn't find this pattern earlier.  Well I will just have to live with two sage green hand-knitted tanks.   Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rachelo
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2006 04:49:48 PM »

So after working for 2 days of television, I've finished the body of the tank... but it's HUGE.  I even double checked my gauge.  Any idea if cotton yarn will shrink width wise and not length wise?  I'd hate to have to reknit the whole thing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Design a Cartoon Panda
How to Design a Cartoon Turtle
How to Design a Cartoon Donkey
How to Design a Cartoon Fairy
How to Design a Cartoon Monster
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...