A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,482
Currently Running With Scissors:
376 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: does this mean i'm the only one?  (Read 10362 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

catladysarah
Tutorial Contributor

knit-maniac!

cyborg bounty-hunter

View Profile WWW
« on: July 27, 2004 10:10:26 PM »

i saw that nobody had made a post in the "montana" section, and just felt like this great state (*snicker*) needed a bit of representation.  any other montanans out there?
I'm in Kalispell, by the way..
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004 11:37:58 PM by catladysarah » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It is our function as artists to make the spectator to see the world our way, not his way."
beckster
Never met a needle I couldn't work with

Coffee and yarn are my two best friends.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004 06:22:45 PM »

Heck No! Your're not alone, I am a fellow Montanan and I love to craft stuff. But, I would like to know where all the other Montanans are?  What's up?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FUN FUR IS MUPPET MURDER!!! 
Wist: http://wists.com/br549xt93
Ravelry: rebecky
SoreWaSavvy

Gyah! Attack of the noooooooose!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2004 02:49:58 PM »

I'm currently living in Montana, Bozeman to be precise, but I don't know if that makes me a Montanan.  I work at the student theatre there and much to my manager's annoyance all I ever do there is make junk out of the old reels, embroider, and knit.  Maybe someday I'll actually do some work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lsn_designs

"Now Popeye, there was a great man"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004 07:10:59 AM »

I'm from Montana too! I'm in Eastern Montana (sometimes refered to as Western North Dakota Cheesy)  I just found craftster while looking for a pattern to crochet some arm warmers and it was the only place I could find some good ideas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i was born. i am living. i will die. in between, i photograph.
iluvnascar
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004 07:01:17 PM »

ok lsn designs.  know who ya are and now uv gat me hooked on this site! omg! so many cool ideas so little time
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Boys make great toys, but what to do when ur done with them?
mikan

we are ugly but we have the music

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2004 03:11:18 AM »

hey, i left bozeman for japan two years ago...
used to live in whitefish, i'll be back someday.  bozeman person, what's your favorite shop?  and how's the arts of kallispel? thinking of living there again for a while. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

now, whether in punishment or reward, through all eternity, she must love and believe in what she did not understand.  -dennison
aada
If I run out of tacos, I can no longer maintain my human form

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2004 09:39:01 AM »

i used to live in Great Falls...now attending college in Spokane...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
catladysarah
Tutorial Contributor

knit-maniac!

cyborg bounty-hunter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2004 05:38:26 PM »

Yeah, scratch this.  I live in Boulder, CO now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It is our function as artists to make the spectator to see the world our way, not his way."
happyowl
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2004 11:12:24 AM »

so it seems like there is an exodus out of montana on this thread, so i don't know if anyone'll get this, but...

i used to live in beautiful bozeman. i miss the co-op! used to work there and it was fabulous! can i get a witness? just wanted to say hello to all the bozemanites from down here in la! cheers, -tracy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

glasswork & illustration currently at:
http://happyowl.etsy.com
stellato_escuro

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2004 07:28:44 AM »

I live in Billings during summers and Christmas!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog for current projects and swap stalking info: daydreamhouse.wordpress.com
Lots and lots of things to be made: pinterest.com/stellatoescuro/
Dhira
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2004 01:53:53 AM »

Greetings!
I'm in Hamilton, MT (south of Missoula). We've lived here since 1994; from North Lake Tahoe, CA before that. This is a great state. Perhaps a little too Republican, but there's always hope!
Crochet On! Dhira
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DukesBean
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2005 10:36:27 PM »

western montana here. middle of nowhere. billings, do you know of any great markets there for summer vending?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mikan

we are ugly but we have the music

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2005 02:07:48 AM »

The farmer's market in bozeman has grown to a pretty significant event.  It's every saturday after July4th until Sept at the fairgrounds.  Might be worth the drive.  The audience when i was there is mostly middle age funky women and their teenage/tween daughters although there is a pretty good cross section of people.  I think the main draw is the good veggies and the crafts are kinda secondary but I always did well there with beadwork and sewing and occasional herbal stuff.
There's a big "huckleberry days" later in the summer in whitefish, not sure exactly when or how it's been lately, but used to be fun.
you could check the chamber of commerce in those towns and yours for info.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

now, whether in punishment or reward, through all eternity, she must love and believe in what she did not understand.  -dennison
supahcraftay
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2005 08:40:08 AM »

Hello Montana Crafters -  I'm in Missoula.  They have a great farmer's market scene on Saturday's a couple of my friends did well vending last year.  (they did clothes and jewlery)  You may want to check that out.   

Anyone else around the Missoula area?  I'm soooo jealous of the crafter posters in places where they actually get together and craft. 

Anyway have a beautiful day.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm going to go on an overnight drunk, and in 10 days I'm going to set out to find the shark that ate my friend and destroy it.  Possibly with dynamite.
gji7
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2005 08:57:35 AM »

I'm in Missoula as well!  It's nice to know that everyone is out there! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth. - Evan Esar

Prove to yourself that you can do it. Prove that you were always who you thought you were, not who they said you had to be. - Rachel Snyder
DukesBean
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2005 10:18:16 PM »

billings baby here. love montana but you're all right, not to much going on here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lillepton
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2005 06:45:30 PM »

We have a pretty sad state representation here!
 Sad
I'm in Whitefish. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shaina

S-C-R-A-B-B-L-E-P-U-N-X

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2005 02:16:36 PM »

I've lived in Missoula for three years Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stay cool, honey bunny, stay cool.

HEART FULL OF NAPALM
katiad
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2005 01:37:44 AM »

I'm in Montana. A tiny town called Chester. It's north of Great Falls on Hwy 2. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thatgirlnamedsuz
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2006 11:23:20 AM »

I'm a MonDakian  Grin

Originally from WAY eastern MT (any of ya'll heard of Fairview? Hell, part of the town is in North Dakota!) and have always considered north eastern MT and north western ND to be it's own special region.  Probably because the landscape is so similar and I spend just as much time in Williston as I do say, Sidney!

Now I'm going to college in ND, DSU to be more precise.

Happy to see there are other MT'ers on here and some even from eastern MT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheDishclothQueen
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2006 11:56:08 AM »

I'm currently living in Montana, Bozeman to be precise...

I'm NOT from Montana (Nebraska, actually), but in sixth grade, my friend Tera and I were playing with the Ouja board one night, and I told me that I was going to marry John Leader, Tera was going to marry Eric Baily, and we were all going to live in Bozeman, Montana.  Happily ever after, presumably.  I'd never even heard of Bozeman up to that point. 

(Oh, and for what it's worth, there is no way I'm every marrying John.  I got over that crush in eigth grade.  I think he lives in Lincoln, NE.  Eric lives in Wyoming, I think, and Tera lives in Sioux Falls, and as far as I know has no plans of marrying Eric.  Who is still very hot, btw.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Making an effort to use proper English and not 'net slang makes me much more willing to respond to your post.
blessed.into.extinction
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2006 10:51:20 PM »

I'm in Polson right now, been living here for about five years now. That's in western MT on the southern border of Flathead Lake.  I just finished my freshman year at U of M in Missoula, so I live there during school. My mom's entire family pretty much lives in Missoula...gotta love that place Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
neomagalie
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2006 08:29:52 AM »

Just moved to Helena from Upstate New-York, I know there is two LYS but one is open two days a week and the other was a little too... more art less yarn in their approach. And just one tiny JoAnn *sigh*  I guess the one good thing is that it will force me to use my stash.

Anyone else in Helena?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
katiad
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2006 07:11:31 AM »

Say, I don't live IN Helena, but I was there a couple months ago and found a FABULOUS Ben Franklin's. It's huge, and it has a larger yarn selection than I'd expect. I got lost and happened to run into it! Look it up - it's far better than Helena's Joann, which was.... rather pathetic. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
neomagalie
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2006 06:44:32 PM »

Thank you, I saw it this past weekend and I was wondering if it was worth it.  Tomorrow I shall go yarn hunting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
black*widow
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2007 07:53:21 PM »

I'm from Billings....and still in Billings.......
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MTcrafter
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2007 05:27:02 PM »

I live in Miles City. I like living here but not much for shopping for crafts supplies and fabrics. I buy my fabrics at WalMart, although the fabric department has gotten smaller since the Super WalMart opened. I go to Billing to buy most of my craft supplies and fabrics at Joann's Fabrics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MommaGreenBean

Life, laugh, love

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2007 06:27:50 AM »

I'm in Roundup.  Go to Billings to do my shopping about once a month, and I'm going to Miles City next week forthe first time!

We're from California, and while I am very happy to not live in that rat race, the stores here kinda suck.  We order a LOT online Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whitebelt
NEEDS NEW CAMERA

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2007 12:23:52 PM »

Billings here!

and totally slacking off at work

these other posts are so old

i hope you guys come back
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whitebelt
NEEDS NEW CAMERA

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2007 10:57:29 AM »

THIS IS GETTING KIND OF SAD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Not_Suzy
insert demonstration of wittyness here.

it's a cat.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2007 03:45:45 PM »

don't be sad!

sad is living in gardiner, mt and thinking you are the only pink haired crafter in montana!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
cbgiggle2
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2007 09:28:19 AM »

So I am working on getting a holiday craft fair for the hip craftster in Missoula, late November, early December.  Anyone interested? No firm dates yet. hoping to have booth spaces less than $50.  Hoping to have it someplace interesting, a bar during the day perhaps?  ANy ideas? new to the area and still exploring. 

Carol Lynn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

REcreate Designs
Missoula, MT
recreatedesigns@gmail.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How the Kimono Evolved Through History
First Date Outfit Tips
How to Style the Perfect Prom Outfit
Wear 1 Army Jacket 5 Ways Like Jessica Alba
5 Summer Looks For Less Than $100
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...