A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,388
Currently Running With Scissors:
727 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sexie Help!  (Read 2209 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mandalol219
« on: June 14, 2006 05:04:38 PM »

I'm only a beginner, and I've decided to take on Sexie. haha. About 3 rows into it, I have a problem. No matter what I do it just WILL NOT come out right. I always have wayy to many stitches at the end or too little. I guess my question is...if you yo, do you knit a stitch right after it regardless of what the directions say?

Sorry, I know it's probably the dumbest question you guys ever heard, but it confusing me so much. Any help?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi, I'm Amanda =]

I'm just getting back into this, but if any pictures are missing, let me know. Photobucket hates me.
mandalol219
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006 05:12:53 PM »

Sorry. I'm a bit impatient I guess. I searched, and it said the search feature was down? I think I found what I'm looking for but just to double check, you do NOT have to knit a stitch after you yo?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi, I'm Amanda =]

I'm just getting back into this, but if any pictures are missing, let me know. Photobucket hates me.
mcekar
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006 08:20:13 PM »

When I do yarn overs I move the yarn between the needles to the opposite spot that it should be.  ie, if the stitch after the yo is a knit stitch I move the yarn to the front and then knit the stitch from there.  It does the yo and the knit stitch at the same time.  If the next stitch is a purl stitch, I move the yarn to the back and purl.

I hope this makes sense.  It did in my head, I swear.  Hope it helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mandalol219
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006 08:24:36 PM »

Thanks! I think I got it working. I dunno why, but my head just wouldn't wrap around the concept!! haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi, I'm Amanda =]

BeginnerKnitter
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006 11:09:08 AM »

Exactly right: you do not HAVE to knit a stitch after you yo. Just do whatever the pattern calls for for the stitch after the yo. Sorry I don't have the pattern in front of me to help you further.

Trust me, despite my username, I promise I know the answer to this one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sammy
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008 08:09:44 AM »

kk, i know this is an old thread, but i figure my question fits here, so:
I am attempting Sexie from SnB (durrr).  I've started it and ripped it out several times already, for some reason the lace part just doesn't come up even for me.  I think it might be my yos. In the back of the book in the how-to section it tells me I must first knit a stich before I yo.  That said, if the pattern reads: "K2, yo" do I knit, knit, knit + yo or knit, knit, yo?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
debacle
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008 06:15:50 PM »

just knit, knit, yo. that's it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Baby Travel Kit
Japanese Artists Create Balloon Couture Dresses
Artist Creates Kitchen Accessories Inspired By Bizarre Human Biology
Artistic Industrial Themed Liquid Lights
Russian Designers Propose a Trampoline Walkway
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...