A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 301,523
Currently Running With Scissors:
729 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I <3 Paisley Swap Gallery  (Read 5380 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SewPixie
FOC Bandit #12

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2006 10:17:29 AM »

Yeah I send from work so sometimes the tracking doesn't update until *poof* it arrives. Tongue It doesn't have far to go so hopefully it won't take long.

No way DH would go for a paisley comforter or anything cool like that.  Roll Eyes he is already complaining about my wanting to paint the bedroom a serene shade of green.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.:See profile for blog & Flickr info!:.
Nutella

In a free knitting pattern kind of way.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2006 07:01:05 PM »

I received from SewPixie! I am so (sew?) incredibly lucky! She absolutely spoiled me. I'd hoped for maybe a little bit of paisley in some sort of bag form, and I mentioned that I like necklaces. Well! I received THREE different paisley bags! All genius styles! And I received a paisley resin pendant. I immediately put the pendant on, so that's my pale skin modeling the gorgeous pendant!  Wink SewPixie was also generous enough to gift me with paisley napkins, notepaper and ribbon! Oooh, and some gum! Yum yum!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty bandwagon: http://wists.com/?q=nutellanutterson

I'm walking and raising funds in support of AIDS Project Los Angeles: http://aidswalklosangeles2007.kintera.org/kejreeves
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2006 08:02:00 PM »

OOO--nutella!! You were spoiled by sewpixie!!  I love the shape of the red bag!! The paisley is so beautiful on everything!!

Paisley ribbon? WOW!  I have never seen that before!!

Nice  package!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KCGal
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2006 08:04:08 PM »

I was just checking out this great gallery, and the items that have been posted so far are awesome!!  The paisley resin pendant that Nutella received is so lovely...how did you make it, sewpixie?  Is it fabric or paper fused into the resin?  or is it painted?  The bags are dynamite, too.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
SewPixie
FOC Bandit #12

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2006 09:09:43 PM »

So happy everything arrived! The pendant is a magazine clipping (from a SewNews I think) in the resin. I went searching through all my magazines trying to find paisley. The patch on the little pouch is made with punchneedle embroidery. Smiley The ribbon I found at Michael's.

I also received from Nutella today!

This is the most gorgeous t-shirt I have ever owned. I put it on right away and made the grumpy DH take a picture. Sleepy 'oh my goodness I made it to Friday finally' look of course complete with 'why can i never pose for a picture with out tilting my head'.  Tongue

She also painted me a great painting that will look great in my craft room and a really cool vase that add some much needed flair to the room. The colors are a little off in the picture but they both go perfectly with the purple walls.

Heehee the card she sent matches some of the postit notes I sent her!

Thank you Nutella!! I can't wait to wear the shirt to work next week, and it is so soft and comfy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.:See profile for blog & Flickr info!:.
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2006 09:13:06 PM »

You guys were a good match--you each spoiled each other but with such different things!!

HA HA  I think there must have been a run at the Michaels for that paisley paper... Wink  You will be seeing it again soon...ha ha

You look great in the wonderful T!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2006 02:40:57 PM »

My partner Spangle sent me a PM to let me know everything arrived safely to New Zealand!!  As they are having rainy, icky, cloudy weather, not good for pics, she asked that I post pics for her.  Here is what I sent to Spangle and her two lovely kids!!

This was for Spangle.  A large tote bag for her many beautiful craft items:

And since Spangle does so many crafts with her girls, totes for them to be like mommy!

The little purses have paisleys and butterflies on them!

I also sent notecards in blue/green paisley and orange/pink paisleys:

I managed to also sneak in some shrinky dinky papers, foam craft kits for her kids, postcards from Hershey, and stickers.  I had a great time crafting for her and her kids (first time crafting for kids for me!!).

Glad you liked everything Spangle!!  Have fun with the shrinkies!!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011 12:04:38 AM by Phizzychick - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nutella

In a free knitting pattern kind of way.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2006 04:50:11 PM »

SewPixie, I'm so glad everything arrived intact and in good shape! Yay! And your pose in the t-shirt great. I'm glad you like it!

alwaysinmyroom, that fabric for Spangle's bag is absolutely fantastic! And does that striped lining match? It looks brilliant together!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty bandwagon: http://wists.com/?q=nutellanutterson

I'm walking and raising funds in support of AIDS Project Los Angeles: http://aidswalklosangeles2007.kintera.org/kejreeves
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2006 04:53:51 PM »

Thank you nutella!!  I wish I had bought more of the fabric--but I did buy it in a green!!  The lining was part of the group at Hancock Fabrics that went with all of the paisleys, etc. So I cannot take credit for matching the fabrics this time!!  I also used the stripes to line the children's bags so Mum and daughters can coordinate, ha ha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

folara
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2006 06:28:18 PM »

After a long, tiring day, I came home this afternoon to my package from Sugarducky on the doorstep!
She made me three little pillows in coral and sea-foam green, the colors I asked for because that's how I'm redoing my room in September. She also sent me part of a giant paisley scarf (she has the other half and is planning to make a skirt with it).

They're so great--I love the big scallops on the flower-shaped pillow!
Close up of the piping:

Thank you, Sugarducky! Everything was well worth the wait!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006 06:44:44 PM by folara » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I post pictures of all of my crafty adventures on my flickr and my blog!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Liven Up Your Hair With Commitment-Free Chalk Color
How to Refresh Oily Hair
Braid Styles for the Red Carpet
How to Do a Waterfall Braid
How to Do a Braid Like Anne Hathaway
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall
January 21, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...