A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 300,904
Currently Running With Scissors:
534 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Paris Loop  (Read 14529 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sexie_Leopard
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2004 10:36:52 AM »

edamame - your know what, i don't even know how to block or what exactly it is....don't laugh...  Anyways, i had almost two skeins put into a ball and i used about half of it.  I couldn't find the circulars for this project so i ended up using straight needles, 10.5, 13, and 15.  Sometime soon i wanna make those hand warmers to go along, but i need to find a pattern thats about the same needle size as my loop....oh well.  Anyways thanks for liking it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
annalou
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2004 05:18:19 PM »

I'm nearly done--I just need to weave in ends and get a picture!

Anna Lou
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When's the last time you were inspired?
Calx
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2004 06:35:58 PM »

I LOVED this pattern!,  I'm so happy to see so many people interested.  I hadn't thought of the breastfeeding advantages of this particular item.  I don't have kids myself, but it seems like everyone I know is having them...... perhaps this would make a good gift for a new mom.

So, I'm in!  I always seems to have a tough time picking out my yarn, and it looks like a few of you had problems finding the circular needles, so I may not be back for a while.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
greenchick

Enough to make a pearl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2004 05:15:24 AM »

Okay, how sad is it that I finished a knit along that I never "officially" joined yet I still have 2/3s to go on one that joined in May?! Maybe it was because this one was so simple and fun and the other one requires thinking (that means I can't do it while watching the soaps . . . not that I ever do  Wink). Plus, this one is a birthday present for my yoga instructor so I actually had a deadline. I used my Denise needles and couldn't imagine doing it otherwise. The Lion Brand Homespun worked well for everything other than the smallest needles (a little tight) and it only took about 1 2/3 skeins.

I hadn't thought of the breastfeeding advantages of this particular item.

This is such a great idea! I really hope that my sister makes one of these for herself since I know that she plans on breastfeeding. Maybe I will make her a Paris Loop instead of the Big Bad Baby Blanket, but I think I might make it out of nicer yarn.

Jill
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superminx
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2004 06:44:57 PM »

Wow ladies. Well done!

Mommalion, don't listen to your hubby - since when do men have taste?
Its pretty and I bet your babes like it. It took me a long time to realise that baby can see and enjoy bright things on me better than on him (tragic isn't it).
Mine seems to be a lot longer and tighter than yours.
Love yours too greenchick. I think Ill have to make another.
Fot those having moibus cast on problems I suggest knitting a couple of rows on straights first so the piece twists less before moving to circs.
This would be an AWESOME gift for a new mother. The problem is that very few maternity clothes are suitable for nursing and thats what you fit just after the birth. Also as a new mummy you feel a bit shy and self concious feeding.
The loop is a super cover up, you can wear it over a sling or carrier and it doubles as a baby blanket. Please make one for your expectant friends or relations - it would be great for pregnancy too! Really wish I'd had one for my pregnancy. (went to 43 1/2 weeks and got VERY big, nothing warm fitted)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2004 12:17:28 AM by superminx » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kategirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2004 06:58:38 PM »

The important part is connecting.  Make sure all the stitches are lined-up first, otherwise you will have a Paris Mobius Strip instead of a Paris Loop.

hmmm...  a paris mobius strip might be kinda cool...   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kissjacksparrow

Love all. Live free

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2004 09:36:33 PM »

Wow, that is so cute!! i am defintly doing this one.. except that i already have 2 scarfs im working on.. well i guess i have a little while since weather is still super hot here in cali but what kind of yarn should i use? other people who have done it, what would you reccomend? would some multi colored yarn look really awful?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Calx
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2004 07:26:06 PM »

Hi there,

I've been looking all over for the Gedifra Cicco yarn, but I can't find it anywhere.  Any suggestions as to who stocks it? 

Would any yarn with the right gauge work?  It seems that the yarn needs to be really stretchy/fluffy.....?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
killerdaisy
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2004 08:51:56 PM »

elann.com had it, but pari loopers seemed to clear them out - they're out of stock now

i've found a few lots on ebay

somebody on here made their's with lion brand homespun - dont know how that affected the finished project...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
superminx
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2004 12:23:35 AM »

Hey calx
you can use any yarn you like. Mine was a random boucle that I had to double for the 2 bigger sections. Just try knitting up a bit first and see if you like what you have made. If its too loose double or triple it. If its too tight use a bigger needle and cut down the number of stitches. I have never used the stated wool for anything - its just marketing really.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Vanilla-Bean Baked Apples
How to Make a Tofu Chocolate Pudding Pie
Kid-Friendly Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Gooey Salted Caramel Pecan Pie Recipe
How to Make a Ginger Cake
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...