A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,102
Currently Running With Scissors:
453 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Paris Loop  (Read 12941 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

superminx
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2004 12:20:56 AM »

Ooooooohhh. Pretty. Want. Your babies will love you in that! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sexie_Leopard
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2004 03:32:51 PM »

yeah i cant wait to use the yarn and make this project....but i can't seem to find a #13, #15 or #17 24" circular needle anywhere (that i dont wanna pay a lot for), i can't even find it on ebay  Shocked .  I guess i'll just have to wait.... Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
annalou
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2004 02:49:36 PM »

I'm planning on using straight needles to make triangular sections which I'll sew or crochet  together to make the cape.  I haven't decided how many sections yet.  As for yarn, I'm playing with combining 2 different kinds (trying random assortments of what I have in the stash).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When's the last time you were inspired?
superminx
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2004 10:17:06 PM »

I'm using straight needles for the 2 bigger sections mammalion. My needles are also a little smaller than the ones called for, so I just cast on an extra 10 stitches. I'm nearly half way through the middle section now and its looking OK (knits up FAST). I know I'll need to sew it up but thats not a major problem. I'll try and get my lovely friend (and midwife) to take a pic with her digital camera next time I see her.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GirlMadchen
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2004 06:15:50 PM »

i too have thought of making this on straights, and then either sewing up along one side, or, lacing a ribbon through it instead, criss cross fashion (all the way down the seam) to fasten it. Just another idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.redsuedekitten. com

http://redsuedekitten.etsy.com - red suede kitten's etsy shop - for colourful, original felt jewelry

http://www.flickr.com/photos/redsuedekitten - my flickr page - lots of photos of my felt jewelry
annalou

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2004 08:31:06 PM »

I think I've got my project planned out.  While I could start with US 17, I've opted to start with US 15 (10 mm) straight needles and cast on a few extra stitches.  I'll still be using US 13 (9 mm) and US 9 (5.5 mm) for the later sections.  Granted, since I'm just starting, I reserve the right to rip out my initial idea and start again. Wink

I'm using different colors of Lion's Brand Homespun, planning to use the colors to make 4 different "triangles" that will make up the cape.  If my odd little brainstorming works out, I may be able to knit the triangles toether as I go and not need to do any sewing in the end.  I'll kept y'all updated on how this experiment goes (I'm borrowing an idea from tatting).

Anna Lou
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sexie_Leopard
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2004 07:45:12 AM »

So, I started knitting it on straights.  So far so good.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
superminx
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2004 06:33:59 PM »

Yay ladies!  Grin
I am on the last 5 inches of mine and I hate to say it but this wool looks sooo much nicer knitted on my 5mm circular that I have considered ripping it back and buying circs for the first 2 sections. However... the wolf is currently glued to the door like a postage stamp so new needles are not a soon thing. Im gonna finish this one and wear it for awhile anyway. I'll try and get pictures. BTW, I was thinking that if there is any wool left I could make a cami to go under it so when I lift it to nurse my tummy is left both warm and matching.  Wink
What do you think? Honeymoon in Paris anyone?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
annalou

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2004 04:43:09 PM »

After some ripping and redoing myself, I'm in the midst of "triangle" (or, more appropriately, trapezoid) #2. 

The matching cami sounds snuggily warm.

Anna Lou
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superminx
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2004 02:02:12 AM »

Well I finished it and its cute!  Grin
It kind of clings to my breasts but it looks OK cos it hits the downslope too, so you don't just see furry pyramid woman (my normal look). Unfortunately my baby hates it, (he likes to be able to see the world and the whole diner Wink) but he does fit under if I need to be super sneaky nursing. I had to stop doubling the wool for the last section (at the top) as it got too thick and I only made that level about 4inches. I'm now knitting a tube on a 4mm ish circular needle with the leftover wool which may turn into a matching cami if I guesstimated the number of stitches right and the wool holds out. Wish me luck. I'm glad I finished it instead of ripping it now. Not a moment too soon. Its snowing here. Pretty. White. Cold.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
False Eyelashes Application Tutorial
The Challenges of Gifting Cosmetics for Christmas
Man Wants Romney Face Tattoo Removed
3 Skin Issues That Make You Look Older
Dangerous Don’ts of Bikini Waxing
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...