A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 305,890
Currently Running With Scissors:
435 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Paris Loop  (Read 18314 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

denmark
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2004 12:27:55 AM »

Just finished my teenager's Paris Loop and I made the following modifications:  Shortened the "Loop" by stitching the lower purl rows only 4", the next knit rows 5", the next purl rows 5", and the last knit section was about 4" (just until I used up the 3rd skein).  I used 4 needle sizes (one for each section), #17, 13, 11, and 9.  She is not a broad-framed girl, and I was afraid it would just hang off her if I didn't decrease the needle size.  The verdict?  She loves it!  And this is my PICKY daughter!  I'm just starting another one in the brown/tan shade.
Beth
THIS ROCKS   Logged
615bride
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2004 08:05:01 PM »

Here's my Loop done in the Gedifra Cicco. I don't even know if anyone is reading this thread anymore...

Pardon the shirt that doesn't match underneath!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

killerdaisy
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2004 08:16:22 PM »

i'm still reading!

that loop looks great!!!
you're adorable too :-)

did you make any mod's or is that the pattern exactly?
(i'm about to cast on for my first loop this week)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
615bride
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2004 05:16:29 AM »

Thanks Killerdaisy. I modified. I used the yarn called for in the pattern but I used my Denise Interchangeable needles so I used size 15, 13 and 9 instead of 17, 13, 9. Because of this, and the fact that I'm a tight knitter, I cast on 125 instead of 110 and then when I got to the right needle size (13) I decreased the extra stitches away. It's not tight but you can see that at the top, it's not as loose as the one in the pattern photo. Good luck!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

greenchick

Enough to make a pearl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2004 07:28:15 AM »

Hi Paige -

It looks awesome! I love the color and the drape with that yarn is fabulous . . . the Homespun is a little bit droopier. Now, get going with Salt Peanuts!

Jill
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jerseygrrrl
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2004 08:32:37 AM »

i'm still reading, too! that looks GREAT, 615bride! You can see the detail even better than the original photo with the pattern.
You have inspired me to re-start the loop for, um, the FOURTH time. I just can't seem to keep it from twisting. This last time, I was POSITIVE the stitches were not twisted when i joined and started the second row. So the twist happened sometime after that, I guess. I was thinking I  may need to order a longer connector from Denise... Any suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
greenchick

Enough to make a pearl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2004 03:07:28 PM »

I think that the twist can only happen in the first row, but I don't know for sure. You can use the next size up on the Denise and be okay (with the cables).

Jill
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jerseygrrrl
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2004 10:13:01 PM »

thanks a lot! like i said, i'll give it a try again...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
615bride
« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2004 01:16:24 PM »

Jersey- Do you have a LYS that you cna go to for help? I'd hate to see you have to frog again and I'm sure they can get you over the hump and on your way!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

jerseygrrrl
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2004 08:40:29 AM »

615bride-
I do, and my super sweet LYS-owner, Patricia. helped me make sure I wasn't twisted for the join.
And when I showed her that I still had a twist a few inches in, she was puzzled as well!
So I'm thinking a longer connector will help, so the Loop isn't so bunched up and I can be more careful. I'll use the extenders in the Denise kit.
Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Understanding the Diamond Clarity
Understanding the Diamond Cut
What Are the Four "C"S in Diamonds
Different Shapes in Diamonds
Diamond Buying Tips
Latest Blog Articles
June 29, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Summer Hat
Hedgies!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...