A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 300,941
Currently Running With Scissors:
631 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Built By Wendy sewalong?  (Read 25537 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

vertigo
« on: June 14, 2006 10:52:19 AM »

Anyone interested in doing a sewalong to the new Built By Wendy patterns? In particular, I am working on Simplicity #4110 (in view B, shorts) and/or #4111 (blouse, shorter sleeves). If you're interested, lemme know!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007 06:07:20 PM by EmilyFlew » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ichigo_Luv

"changed my avatar!"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006 12:37:16 AM »

I am planning to pick up 4110 @ joanns this friday during their firefly sale...hope they have it Undecided . I would be delighted to join you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tigerlounge2000
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006 09:01:10 AM »

I'm planning on sewing the button-front blouse pattern (prob with long sleeves), I'll certainly post here if anyone is curious!

Love the new BbW line...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lhunlhaw
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006 01:52:07 PM »

I might take part too ...

... still waiting for the pattern, though Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ichigo_Luv

"changed my avatar!"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006 10:35:01 PM »

I went to joanns today to look for the patterns...they don't have the Built by Wendy patterns yet  Cry  Cry Cry...but they have all the other new fall styles!  I guess that means I am out for the time being.  I will post a message if I am able to get the patterns.

ciao.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tigerlounge2000
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006 10:26:29 AM »

I started cutting out my BbW button front blouse - one thing to bear in mind - Simplicity has VERY  generous sizing - almost vanity sizing really (ie, the size that fits you is several sizes smaller than you would really wear). Cut a couple of sizes smaller than your measurments on the envelope if you want a close fit.

Looks good so far though!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
vertigo
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006 01:55:30 AM »

True about the shirts being sized big, but that's not the case with the pants. I am having to cut them faaar bigger than I ever wear to get the measurements correct.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
epilepticlemur
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006 12:41:20 PM »

My friend just made the blouse, and it wasn't huge like many of simplicity's patterns are.  It was more low cut then she had imagined, although I had actually thought it would be that low.   It looks great though and I'm now in love with her shirt.  She made it with woodgrain fabric. 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006 12:44:23 PM by epilepticlemur » THIS ROCKS   Logged
knitchka
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006 04:24:21 PM »

I started cutting out my BbW button front blouse - one thing to bear in mind - Simplicity has VERY  generous sizing - almost vanity sizing really (ie, the size that fits you is several sizes smaller than you would really wear). Cut a couple of sizes smaller than your measurments on the envelope if you want a close fit.

I hope people continue to post their thoughts on the sizing - I'm listening closely. I'm right in the middle of 12 and 14, which is a frustrating place to be since the patterns split at that juncture. At this point, I've tentatively decided to go down to the 12 based on the garment measurements provided.

If anyone's really eager to find these, check WalMart - they have all the fall Simplicity patterns and the new pattern book (I've had no luck at JoAnn's yet). I bought 4110 and 4111 today at WalMart. I still want to pick up the other two, so hopefully JoAnn's will have them in stock by July 13, when they're running the next $1.99 sale.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006 08:13:14 PM by knitchka » THIS ROCKS   Logged

D.I.Winer
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2006 10:29:23 AM »

jimminey cricket! I love love love Built By Wendy but I am neither small enough, nor rich enough to buy that stuff - but I *am* crafty enough to make it! I had no idea she was making simplicity patterns! I'm going to go tomorrow to see if I can get these patterns - I love the city pants & the #4112 blouse.

I'm 1000% in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Shrimp Stir Fry
How to Make Shrimp Spring Rolls
Shrimp on Sweet Rice
Shrimp, with Green Chives, Bamboo Shoots, and Wood Ear Mushrooms
Salmon with Teriyaki Sauce Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...