A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,551
Currently Running With Scissors:
495 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter Fave Character Swap  (Read 23340 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter_swap_gallery  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

vampirebunny
Fashion student *sniggers* The fashion!

I miss hair.

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 21, 2006 12:27:41 PM »

My angel packages are both here! SevsOnlyGirl and Cinderly have both been completely awesome in their angel status and have succeeded in sending me some really great items. Which will now be displayed for your viewing pleasure -

From SevsOnlyGirl

A lovely soft and warm fleece scarf with handy pockets to help keep my little hands warm - go Slytherin! And a Harry Potter word-find book. This may be the only wordsearch book I keep after I've filled it in.

How incredible is this? Not only a Harry Potter pop-up book but  DELUXE as well.

It was telling the truth, it is deluxe and I'd be drowning you in pictures of it if the glare hadn't been driving me crazy.

From Cinderly

A butterbeer cork necklace because what says Luna more than cork right? Plus it has the coolest little magnetic clasp, yey!

A tarot book because I was post stalked and my interest in the subject was discovered so BONUS!

And the gem of Cinderly's package, my very own potion's book *cough*sketchbook*cough*

In Harry Potter land I am apparently a Prewett (Molly's maiden name - which I somehow already knew, strangeness) and my middle initial is 'A' - I'm intrigued...

Cinderly also wrote in some important potions information including the most important 'I will pay attention in Potions'

Every potionsmaker needs their caffeine you know! Plus cool scrapbooking paper. You may have realised by now I didn't have any glare issues with the potions book....

Thank you both again muchly, I am in awe *curtsies*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm up for personal swaps if you are Wink
SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #181 on: July 21, 2006 12:39:35 PM »

Wow!  Cinderly did a great job with all the stuff she sent!  I love that potions book!!!

I'm glad that you enjoyed your packages. 

Now we only have two members to receive and we're finally done.  They should both be receiving in the next couple of days.

I'm going to be offline this weekend, so I'll see you all on Monday!
Dawn
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SidekickFancy
...and then there was Fancy...

Funny how it feels when there's nothing to say...

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 21, 2006 12:50:01 PM »

I love that scarf. What a great idea to have pockets Cheesy Where did you get that pop up book, Dawn, that's amazing!!!!

I checked the tracking on my package and it should arrive here tomorrow. Eek! I'm excited.
I sent my partner's package by regular mail though so the tracking isn't nearly as detailed. It doesn't even say when it will get there  Shocked

Sorry it took so long for things to get worked out between me and my partner, Dawn! Thanks for being such a WONDERFUL organizer Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness can be found in the darkest of times...if one only remembers to turn on the lights.

You can lead a heart to love, but you can't make it fall.

http://www.wists.com/thegyrlwholived
cinderly
Crazy Cat Lady (in training)

Morkmer loves his eggy!

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 21, 2006 02:11:54 PM »

Well, you have to pay attention in potions!  Otherwise, your wrong-headed boil cure potion gets all over the pages!   Grin

I'm so glad you liked everything -- I had a blast putting together your journal.  Smiley  Let me know how it holds up -- it was my first, ever, so I haven't worked out all the buggies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stuff I've made  --  Swap Info  --  Wist  -- got a secret?

Got 4.5" cotton squares?  I <3 personal swaps!
SidekickFancy

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 22, 2006 08:01:57 PM »

Holy...holy balls. That's all I can say.

This doll is incredible. I love it so much. It's so cute and amazing and I just love it absolutely to death. Amazing job, crafty kitten.

Here he is with my "Dumbledore" doll. I picked him up at Goodwill; he's not supposed to be Dumbledore but I think that makes him even cooler Smiley

I am blown away, crafty kitten. Thanks Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness can be found in the darkest of times...if one only remembers to turn on the lights.

Crafty kitten
« Reply #185 on: July 23, 2006 12:04:43 PM »

I'm so glad you like him! It was my first doll attempt so...well, it was definitely a long learning process. He and the Dumbledore doll look so cute together!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SidekickFancy

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 23, 2006 06:00:02 PM »

I had a feeling this was your first doll attempt. That's so amazing, like...REALLY. I strongly encourage you to make more (:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vampirebunny
Fashion student *sniggers* The fashion!

I miss hair.

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 24, 2006 02:56:47 AM »

I love Harry's hair, it's so big Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm up for personal swaps if you are Wink
Kristen81
« Reply #188 on: July 24, 2006 06:32:55 PM »

Do you mind me asking how you did his face??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WISTS!!!!      http://wists.com/KraftyKris

CHECK OUT MY SWAP BLOG:  http://kristen81.blog.ca/

WHAT'S FOR DINNER? - Recipe Blog!!!  http://kristenskitchen.blog.ca
Crafty kitten
« Reply #189 on: July 24, 2006 07:31:10 PM »

I used the Waldorf doll technique on him. I used this tutorial:
http://dollmaker.nunodoll.com/nekomimi/

Basically you make the head out of regular cloth (I used muslin) and stuff it, then you cut a q-tip in half and stick the non-fluffy part into the fabric where the nose should be (the fluffy part is sticking out), then you use a stretchy fabric to make a "sleeve" for the head (I used t-shirts), stretch that over the muslin head and sew up the top. That probably makes no sense, that website explains it using pictures and stuff which is probably way more helpful. You can also search "waldorf dolls" and probably get other useful info. I cheated a bit when I made mine (I didn't do the same muslin-covered-in-stretch cloth thing for the rest of the body parts, I just made them out of t-shirt material to begin with).

It was really time-consuming but not really difficult once you figure it out and, I think, totally worth it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Capturing Shapes and Patterns in Outdoor Photos
Working With a Light Modifier
Framing and Cropping an Image
How to Prepare For a Child Portrait Session
Creating a Multiple Exposure Image in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...