A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 304,747
Currently Running With Scissors:
711 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dream Swatch Head Wrap by Knit & Tonic KAL  (Read 8637 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Fortune_32

Crafty as a fox!

View Profile WWW
« on: June 13, 2006 12:56:31 PM »

I've been following this thread started by maritimah, and I really wanted to try the pattern out. You can find the Knit & Tonic Dream swatch here. It's such an easy pattern, I wondered why there wasn't a KAL for this already?

I'm less than halfway, but I wanted to post an in-progress shot - I hope you guys like it! Any feedback would be really appreciated! It's my first cable project!  Grin

I'm using Classic Elite Premiere pima/tencel blend (color is 5226), on size 6 needles. I cut out one of the "cables", as my gauge swatch led me to believe it would end up too wide to be a head wrap I liked. I'm pretty pleased with how it's coming, although it is curling quite a bit. I hope it blocks well, I didn't bother with another scarf I made with this yarn!  Cheesy I'll be sure to post a finished shot when I'm done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kazkitty
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006 10:54:30 PM »

What a pretty pattern!

I really want to try this.. I just don't know what yarn to use! lol  I must go dig through my stash....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sbfreih
supercalafragelisticexpealadocious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006 07:59:05 AM »

Got my yarn for this on a recent trip to Paris, going to start it ASAP (as soon as I get the correct needle size). Thanks so much for your beautiful inspiration and the link. Good luck finishing, Seana Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mackymoo
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006 08:43:40 AM »

I started on this yesterday. I posted in the other thread, but I think this one is more appropriate. I'm using Sugar'n Cream in Midnight Magic, which I hope is okay to use. I don't really want to go out and buy something new. Mine's coming out a little wide so far as well, but we'll see. I'm also doing four wrap arounds instead of three.

And actually I think I'll put the laptop away and knit for a while.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fortune_32

Crafty as a fox!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006 09:37:25 AM »

I'd be really interested in what your 4 wraps look like Mackymoo! It was something I considered, but then forgot when I actually got to the first wrap row!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

poprock6903
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006 09:44:15 AM »

This pattern is so easy! Once you get the wrapping and switching stitches thing down, it's really fun! I totally didn't follow the specs for the needle size or yarn to use, but mine came out well. I used size 8's with Caron Simply Soft Brites in blue mint. I did about 20 of the dropped stitch rows (it's not 4 feet long like the website suggests, but I knew mine would be a headwrap). It curls like a mofo (that's what I get for using acrylic) but the edges fold under so it's more of a headband width. It's a good time, and I love mine. I'm sure you ladies will, too! Happy knitting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cnp71201
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006 11:25:48 AM »

I'm in! I need a quick, easy project, and this looks like just that, but without being so easy it's boring. I'm using a sparkley, white Wool-ease that I bought just because it was sparkely. I only have one skein because that's all there was in the store, so I haven't known what to do with it, but now I do. I cast on this morning, but haven't had time to work on it much yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm crystalnickel on Ravelry!

Visit my blog at http://cnp71203.blogspot.com/. It has a little of everything... well, most things!

http://www.wists.com/cnp71203
mackymoo
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006 01:19:23 PM »

Here's my progress so far.

I don't know if you can tell on the last picture, but the first crossover thingy I only wrapped around three times, the rest are all four.

I'm happy with it so far, even if it is a little thick. I want to see other people's!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pisaacs
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006 06:55:07 PM »

I'm starting this with silk.  I'll try to post pictures soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kazkitty
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006 09:11:21 PM »

macymoo, I loooove the colors in the yarn you used! So pretty!

I started mine today.. didn't get very far.. lol

I'm using TLC baby soft yarn on size 4 needles.. so it's a little less than 4" wide.. but i didn't want it that wide anyways.. I had to hold the end down just to get a pic.. it won't stop curling!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kai Lenny Style Challenge: Stand Up Paddleboarding
Styling the Perfect Holiday Party Look
3 Reasons Why Pencil Skirts Are the New Mini
Need to Know: Oversized Sweaters, Google Flight Finder, and Fab Slippers
Cara Delevingne and Taylor Swift Rock Runway Show
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek
October 15, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...