A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,593
Currently Running With Scissors:
749 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dream Swatch Head Wrap by Knit & Tonic KAL  (Read 7826 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Fortune_32

Crafty as a fox!

View Profile WWW
« on: June 13, 2006 12:56:31 PM »

I've been following this thread started by maritimah, and I really wanted to try the pattern out. You can find the Knit & Tonic Dream swatch here. It's such an easy pattern, I wondered why there wasn't a KAL for this already?

I'm less than halfway, but I wanted to post an in-progress shot - I hope you guys like it! Any feedback would be really appreciated! It's my first cable project!  Grin

I'm using Classic Elite Premiere pima/tencel blend (color is 5226), on size 6 needles. I cut out one of the "cables", as my gauge swatch led me to believe it would end up too wide to be a head wrap I liked. I'm pretty pleased with how it's coming, although it is curling quite a bit. I hope it blocks well, I didn't bother with another scarf I made with this yarn!  Cheesy I'll be sure to post a finished shot when I'm done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kazkitty
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006 10:54:30 PM »

What a pretty pattern!

I really want to try this.. I just don't know what yarn to use! lol  I must go dig through my stash....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sbfreih
supercalafragelisticexpealadocious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006 07:59:05 AM »

Got my yarn for this on a recent trip to Paris, going to start it ASAP (as soon as I get the correct needle size). Thanks so much for your beautiful inspiration and the link. Good luck finishing, Seana Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mackymoo
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006 08:43:40 AM »

I started on this yesterday. I posted in the other thread, but I think this one is more appropriate. I'm using Sugar'n Cream in Midnight Magic, which I hope is okay to use. I don't really want to go out and buy something new. Mine's coming out a little wide so far as well, but we'll see. I'm also doing four wrap arounds instead of three.

And actually I think I'll put the laptop away and knit for a while.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fortune_32

Crafty as a fox!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006 09:37:25 AM »

I'd be really interested in what your 4 wraps look like Mackymoo! It was something I considered, but then forgot when I actually got to the first wrap row!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

poprock6903
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006 09:44:15 AM »

This pattern is so easy! Once you get the wrapping and switching stitches thing down, it's really fun! I totally didn't follow the specs for the needle size or yarn to use, but mine came out well. I used size 8's with Caron Simply Soft Brites in blue mint. I did about 20 of the dropped stitch rows (it's not 4 feet long like the website suggests, but I knew mine would be a headwrap). It curls like a mofo (that's what I get for using acrylic) but the edges fold under so it's more of a headband width. It's a good time, and I love mine. I'm sure you ladies will, too! Happy knitting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cnp71201
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006 11:25:48 AM »

I'm in! I need a quick, easy project, and this looks like just that, but without being so easy it's boring. I'm using a sparkley, white Wool-ease that I bought just because it was sparkely. I only have one skein because that's all there was in the store, so I haven't known what to do with it, but now I do. I cast on this morning, but haven't had time to work on it much yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm crystalnickel on Ravelry!

Visit my blog at http://cnp71203.blogspot.com/. It has a little of everything... well, most things!

http://www.wists.com/cnp71203
mackymoo
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006 01:19:23 PM »

Here's my progress so far.

I don't know if you can tell on the last picture, but the first crossover thingy I only wrapped around three times, the rest are all four.

I'm happy with it so far, even if it is a little thick. I want to see other people's!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pisaacs
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006 06:55:07 PM »

I'm starting this with silk.  I'll try to post pictures soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kazkitty
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006 09:11:21 PM »

macymoo, I loooove the colors in the yarn you used! So pretty!

I started mine today.. didn't get very far.. lol

I'm using TLC baby soft yarn on size 4 needles.. so it's a little less than 4" wide.. but i didn't want it that wide anyways.. I had to hold the end down just to get a pic.. it won't stop curling!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Gingerbread Men Christmas Ornaments
How to Make Christmas Stockings with Kristin Chenoweth
How to Make Embellished Christmas Tree Ornaments
How to Make Embossed Faux Bois Stockings
How to Make Angel Christmas Tree Toppers with Heidi Klum
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...