A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,129
Currently Running With Scissors:
547 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Any craftsters in utah?  (Read 16068 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SewingLori
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2007 07:53:42 AM »

Yahoo. Maybe we'll have to have a Utah Craftsters night soon! I'm willing to sponsor it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2007 09:30:26 AM »

Moving to Brigham city next month  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katie_ramone9
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2007 03:56:33 PM »

Hopefully this thread is still alive...but I'm moving back to Provo this summer.  I guess I can't really say "back to" since I previously lived in Orem.  Anyone know if there are any yarn stores in that area?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wootwoot

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2007 05:25:50 PM »

Hopefully this thread is still alive...but I'm moving back to Provo this summer.  I guess I can't really say "back to" since I previously lived in Orem.  Anyone know if there are any yarn stores in that area?

There is a little store on W Center St called Heindselmann's.  They sell lots of needlepoint stuff and beanie babies/precious moments type figurines, but they have a small selection of yarns in the back.  I'm pretty sure they have Noro, Lamb's Pride Bulky, Plymouth Encore and some other things.  They also had roving and I'm pretty sure they had some wheels you could buy.  They were not very friendly the first few times I went in (suspicious of students?), but once I came in with something I was working on to try to match a yarn they got a little nicer.  I don't remember them having a large needle selection.  I bought some Susan Bates there once.  If you sign up for their mailing list you get advance notice of sales and some sales that are just for mailing list members.  This is the only yarn store in Provo that I know of. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katie_ramone9
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2007 06:23:18 AM »

There is a little store on W Center St called Heindselmann's.  They sell lots of needlepoint stuff and beanie babies/precious moments type figurines, but they have a small selection of yarns in the back.  I'm pretty sure they have Noro, Lamb's Pride Bulky, Plymouth Encore and some other things.  They also had roving and I'm pretty sure they had some wheels you could buy.  They were not very friendly the first few times I went in (suspicious of students?), but once I came in with something I was working on to try to match a yarn they got a little nicer.  I don't remember them having a large needle selection.  I bought some Susan Bates there once.  If you sign up for their mailing list you get advance notice of sales and some sales that are just for mailing list members.  This is the only yarn store in Provo that I know of. 

Well, I guess I'll just have to take weekly trips out to other cities to get my yarn.  I like to have a lot of yarns to choose from (who doesn't?).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SewingLori
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2007 07:13:40 AM »

SoulSpun in Salt Lake just moved and the new store is FABULOUS! It would be worth the 40 minute drive. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katie_ramone9
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2007 03:09:59 PM »

SoulSpun in Salt Lake just moved and the new store is FABULOUS! It would be worth the 40 minute drive. Smiley

Thanks!  I'll have to check it out when I get there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wobblerat

already a krafty kitty

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2007 01:01:57 PM »

SoulSpun is now on Highland Drive and close to 39th South, on the east side of the road.    If you're coming up, make a day of it and hit my other favs too.

Black Sheep on North Temple and 5th East
The Wool Cabin on 33rd South and 20th ish East.

there are a couple new ones around too, but I've not checked them out yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jesllo
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2007 06:04:31 PM »

I'm in Magna.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SewingLori
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2007 04:10:27 PM »

We need to plan a Craftster party!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Build a Sandcastle
Sandcastle: Creating the Crenelations and Cut-Through Arches
Sandcastle: Creating the Crenelated Wall and Staircase
Sandcastle: Creating the Grand Entrance
Making Your Sandcastle Last for an Eternity
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...