A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
699 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Munich - Location of Yarn stores?  (Read 2668 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aliciakatie
« on: June 12, 2006 06:06:16 PM »

Hi everyone  Grin!
I don't speak or read German, so I'm not sure if this topic is already covered on the board.

I'm going to be in Munich (around LMU) for 11 wks, starting next week (Late June - early Sept). I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any yarn shops in the area.

Thanks!
- alicia.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kerstin
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006 09:41:50 AM »

Hi Aliciakatie,

Im not into knitting so I dont know a lot of yarn stores. I remember one at Sendlinger Tor, though (excuse my English in case it sounds funny since it is not my native tongue).  Sendlinger Tor is also a subway station, so it should be easy to find and you can go there taking the same subway line (is that the word?) that goes by university (LMU) The store is called WOLLKORB (and rather expensive, I think).

You can buy yarn at the big stores in the town center, too. These would be HERTIE (at Stachus/ Karlsplatz), KARSTADT (Stachus/ Karlsplatz). KAUFHOF maybe sells yarn, too, but since they have hardly got any material for sewing so maybe it ist the same with yarn.

There also seems to be a special store called DIE WOLLE (the wool). It is not far from the center. Adress: Mllerstrae 50
It should be within walking distance from Sendlinger Tor.

Hope that helps. Any German knitters out there who know which shops really worth a visit?

Kerstin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sugarydaisies
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006 02:10:41 AM »

Try "Wolle Rdel", Rosentalstrae 9. Their yarn is not so pricey, but of good quality. You can get out at the S-Bahn station "Marienplatz", exit Rindermarkt, from there it's just a short walk.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
decarillion
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006 05:38:56 PM »

I wanted to bump this because I'll be in Munich next month for a week, visiting my son and daughter-in-law.

I'm wondering what the name(s) of German crochet magazines might be as I would like to purchase a couple to bring home. Also, any updates on craft/yarn stores in Munich OR Nuremberg??

Thanks!!

EDIT: The store above on Rosentalstr. is closed for renovations else I simply missed it. It's in sort of an alleyway...or should have been according to my map.

I did find yarn in Hertie's and Karfhof's (or was it Karlstadt's? LOL). I bought 20 skeins of a black print yarn for about 2 euro each, reduced from 4.95. I HAD to go home with some yarn. Most of the yarns for sale were 4 and 5 euro and above, per skein. Many sock yarns but they were even pricier. I found a crochet magazine--Sabrina, I believe? There were many doily mags, as well.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006 07:32:39 AM by decarillion » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jerry Stahl LIVE
All Fishermen Are Liars by John Gierach
A Chat with the Best Selling Author Preeti Shenoy
How to Teach Toddlers to Trust Themselves
Author T.C. Boyle Has No Regrets
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...