A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
682 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: #2 Put a zipper pocket in your Jordy Bag! (second tutorial)  (Read 46570 times)
Tags for this thread: jordy_bag  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SarahJB
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2005 10:40:45 PM »

Thank you. I have wanted to know how to do this for a very long time but have been too intimidated to make that initial slice without proper instructions.  I copied your instructions and made little illustrations in my project book for future reference. So damn handy.

In the last picture you have folds in the pocket where it is attached to the zipper. Does this help the pocket hold things better, by balooning it out slightly? I'm constantly confounded by the "square fabric-round world" dilemma when making bags. Does anyone else have any other advice for making flat pockets more functional?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Silly

I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2005 08:57:47 PM »

I just wanted to show my appreciation for this tutorial; I've used it in the past and never commented on it.  It's great and I find it a lot simpler to do than the others ones I've seen Cheesy Thank you sooo much!  Very clear, easy tutorial!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

By the way, I never liked your face.
darkmatilda
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2005 05:57:57 AM »

Thanks for the tutorial!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

Gracias por el tutorial, es muy claro hasta para mi que soy un zoquete!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lo raro es vivir - C. Martin Gaite
Bond Girl
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2005 01:52:55 AM »

Hey, great tute!

I just used it to put a zipper pocket into lining for the first time ever - yay!  It's only on a trial calico bag, bag I think I'm making up the proper bag tomorrow and now there will definately be a inside pocket, thanks to sushimifune. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm very into Britney Spears' early work, before she sold out, so mostly her, um, finger painting and macaroni art.
elfin enigma
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2006 09:59:11 PM »

first let me say that these instructions are perfectly clear and simple [so i don't sound like i'm complaining!] but argggh i've been trying to get it for...at least an hour and had to tear it apart three or four times.  i don't know what i'm doing wrong.  first the slit is too big, just a little bit, but enough so that there's extra that's pretty obvious.  and then those little points started to fray.  and somehow i kept sewing things onto themselves or other parts they weren't supposed to be sewed on to, even though i was very careful to flip the pocket to the other side to make sure i wouldn't close it.  aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh .  i don't have enough of my fabric left to cut out another piece and try again, so i think i'm just gonna can it for tonight before i rip it all to shreds and try again with a different fabric tomorrow.   Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
letsmacktheknife
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2006 07:14:54 AM »

I LOVE these zipper instructions! I have been sewing things by hand until i can afford a sewing machine and this tutorial was easy to adjust to hand stiching. The only bad thing is that it takes me almost an hour to hand stich one Sad. thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ilikepinkrain
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2007 07:41:08 PM »

i totally tried this earlier. and it really turned out better than i thought it would. but it was sooo easy. i couldnt believe it.
:]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2007 07:39:05 PM »

I sort of followed this tute to put a zipper pocket in a messenger bag I made for the Floral Bag Swap. The only problem was, the messenger bag didn't have a center seam on the sides, so instead of being a divider down the middle, it was shifted to the side.

I was still pretty happy with it though!

The rest of the bag can be seen here:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=182004.10

« Last Edit: October 01, 2007 07:42:23 PM by craftADDchick - Reason: I put in the wrong picture...it's late... » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn About Working with Washi Paper in Origami
How to Fold Origami Paint Swatch Balls
How to Fold a Fast Paper Airplane
How to Make a Paper Airplane
How to Fold an Origami Envelope
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...