A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,558
Currently Running With Scissors:
560 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Nail Painting designs  (Read 20568 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bookwormbry

Dressing the world, one dog at a time

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2005 05:30:04 PM »

I love bright colors so i paint my nails many different colors. Like each nail will be a different bright color. ((like lime green neon pink orange...etc...) Then i take electrical tape and cut it into strips ((very small ones)) Duct tape is too tough but electrical tape has a weaker adhesive so it doesn't pull off the colors. Then i put the strips on my nails diagonaly and paint black polish over top i let it dry and then pull off the strips and i have black and multi-color striped nails.
((this pic is from the 1st time i painted my nails this way... so i left the middle fingers black that time))

Blue painter's tape works even better than electrical tape, and it's probably cheaper... you can get a huge duct tape sized roll for a couple of bucks. I usually use blue tape for a french manicure, because my hand shakes too much to get it even, or I'll try to smooth the edge out and I end up going too high up on the nail, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knitster88
aka christinanne

ch-ch-ch-ch-ch cherry bomb

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2005 01:25:45 PM »

oh snappity. well, as unoriginal as it probably is. i like superglueing sequins to my nails, a quick clear coat or sheeer other color, and its hot. although sometimes it flakes off the sequin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look what youve done to me now, youve made me perfect
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2005 10:53:41 PM »

These nails look WAY to long, but I bet the designs would look cool on short nails.
http://www.nailartgallery.com/
UGHH did yuo see the acrylic TOE nails?? NASTY.....It's hard for me to envision them looking cute, I'm just seeing nastiness right now..I'm blinded by the length.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
yummy_muffin123

* I just a little bit crazy sometimes*

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2005 05:26:20 PM »

omg i LOVE watermelons!! mi painting my nails as we speak!! :Dthanks for the great idea!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*I knew sumthing was wrong when my imagonary friend stopped talking to me*
Chococat1188
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2005 05:00:42 PM »

I have one of those Klutz books where they show you how to make different nail designs... I am still looking for more patterns though.  I think if you look for those online games where you go to a pretend manaicure and stuffs (like the Barbie one) you can find patterns and pictures there.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
twinkles
Beware of my rAnd0MnESs

twinkles-for-you

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2005 04:57:59 PM »

I've found that who chococat1188 said is right, the pretend manicure games have nice things. The little "Miranda Manicuranda" game on disney is pretty good (http://psc.disney.go.com/disneychannel/lizziemcguire/style/manicuranda.html) I don't know how you would do the plaid ones, but they look cool. I've been dying to try teh purple ones with white swirls but I need to get some white nail polish.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm aDorKable. How about you?
NellyPie

"I'm a princess NOT a policeman!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2005 09:32:00 PM »

I used to do strawberries. I only do up my toenails now though cause fingers get so much use and the polish peels right off. Anyone have any tips on making it last?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please go see my shop!
http://www.NellyPie.etsy.com
PixieSkull
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2005 02:34:44 PM »

I am also very disturbed by the acrylic toenails.

I like doing two colors on each hand (when I actually paint my nails.) The problem is my nails start to peel and crack and the polish doesn't stop that, so I'm  usually stuck with just a clear coat.

I would love lime slices on my fingers, but doing know how. *shrug* Maybe someday I'll find out how.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I'm a level 9 rouge, b***h!
I do personal swaps!
tigralon
Tig Gooseberry Tartlet

~ living in a magical dollhouse ~

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2005 03:52:55 PM »

That Miranda Manicuranda game is strangely hypnotic.  I really want to figure out how to make the plaid fingernails.  In a fashion magazine I once saw a huge close-up of nails done in a snakeskin pattern, but it was obviously done by a professional and took hours and hours.

Where do you buy the little rhinestones that several of you have mentioned?  The only ones I ever see at the craft stores are too big, and there's no way I'm buying Swarovski crystals to glue on my nails where they'll just fall off and get lost.  And a coat of clear polish over top is really enough to keep them stuck on for several days?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"What is a television apparatus to man, who has only to shut his eyes to see the most inaccessible regions of the seen and the never seen, who has only to imagine in order to pierce through walls and cause all the planetary Baghdads of his dreams to rise from the dust."  - Salvador Dali
mimi_sita12
This is my lucky fin -wiggle wiggle-

[...Found Nemo!...]

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2005 07:53:12 PM »

drat i just cut my nails ...but im still gonna use some of these ideas, theyre really good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just keep swimmin, swimmin, swimmin.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top Makeup Tips For The Mother Of The Bride
How To Get Fuller Looking Lips
The Perfect 60s Cat-Eye in 30 Seconds
Makeup & Go: Weekend Getaway
Learn to Create the Perfect Retro Cat-Eye from Glamour’s 1965 Cover
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...