A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 309,706
Currently Running With Scissors:
565 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Nail Painting designs  (Read 21524 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sheriffkarli
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2004 09:21:25 AM »

oh boy! i buy little cheap paintbrushes and do all kinds of designs, i always get compliments.. rught now they're pretty plain elecrtic/metallic blue.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my crafting blog and tutorials at www.madebykarli.com
sarcasmik
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2004 09:57:42 AM »

right now my toenails are all a pretty candy pink, but the big toes have a vertical black stripe down the center.  i get alot of compliments on them, as simple as it sounds. 

i also painted my mom's toenails once like little watermelons (like someone above mentioned).   i thought about putting black teardrop rhinestones instead of just painting on the seeds, but i can't find any of them small enough to do the job. 

and my favorite toenails ever (is it sad that i have a favorite? lol) were the cherries i did a while ago...  baby pink base coat, painted on green stems, then used red rhinestones for the cherries.  very cute, but kinda summery, so i won't be doing it again for a while.  *cries*
« Last Edit: October 17, 2004 10:03:19 AM by sarcasmik » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"we are the music makers,
          and we are the dreamers of the dreams."
octopus_garden
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2004 06:36:56 PM »

i read this in a magazine somewhere, and havnt done it yet...
but you paint your nails a clear base coat, and while its wet you dip your nail into those little tiny beads, and paint another clear coat on top. it looked real cool.  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dixie_terror
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2004 05:50:09 AM »

My favorite is kinda a franken-nail...bright green polish, then use a fine point sharpie to make stitches then a clear coat over it all. Guess it's good for halloween, but i use it year round. (my hubby is in a horror inspired "raunchabilly" band called T- Bucket Terrors, so it always goes over well with the boys and their fans)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a few of my recent banners...<br />http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287051709
sarcasmik
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2004 09:12:25 AM »

i've drawn on my nails with permanent markers before, but when i try putting a clear coat on top it always smears, no matter how long i let it set.  does that happen to yours, too?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"we are the music makers,
          and we are the dreamers of the dreams."
ookpik

everything is so neat!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2004 09:59:29 AM »

permanent marker ink dissolves in acetate, so nail polish melts it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's no such thing as too much information, so: All About My Vagina
bambina
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2004 02:18:36 AM »

I adore nail art - I have loads of different nail art. But I don't have any saved on my comp.
I do my mum's nails with lots of little flowers and diamantes, I used to love painting my nails neon orange (but can't find the paint anymore, have to make do with nail art paint, and thats not as good for a base) and then having a diagonal or darkish red over it.  I also like doing a graduation of colours - start with dark pink at the base, then a lighter pink, then a very light pink at the tip, it's also pretty with blue.

I could post a link to my nail art, when I get it up and running. If anyone would be interested.

I once did watermelon nails. Pink base, green tipe(like a frenchie) and then black dots. Its super easy.
By the way, very cute Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iampoison
Tutorial Contributor

Just a jersey girl without the acid wash.

"I believe you are in league with the butcher..."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2004 07:57:45 AM »

I love bright colors so i paint my nails many different colors. Like each nail will be a different bright color. ((like lime green neon pink orange...etc...) Then i take electrical tape and cut it into strips ((very small ones)) Duct tape is too tough but electrical tape has a weaker adhesive so it doesn't pull off the colors. Then i put the strips on my nails diagonaly and paint black polish over top i let it dry and then pull off the strips and i have black and multi-color striped nails.
((this pic is from the 1st time i painted my nails this way... so i left the middle fingers black that time))
« Last Edit: October 17, 2004 08:10:57 AM by iampoison » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just got flaked on for personal swaps so I am taking a break. ^_^; sorry everyone.
my shop: http://poisonandantidote.etsy.com/
eBay ID: rusty_buttons
My DA: http://chat-noir.deviantart.com/
My LJ: http://apatheticpoison.livejournal.com/
My wists: http://www.wists.com/iampoison
Brewster

I have a very hot man in my av. With eyes or not!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2004 06:57:21 PM »

These nails look WAY to long, but I bet the designs would look cool on short nails.
http://www.nailartgallery.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
atomiqt
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2005 12:29:57 PM »

These nails look WAY to long, but I bet the designs would look cool on short nails.
http://www.nailartgallery.com/

Ahh... those nails are alive or something... as in.. unhumanly LOOOOOONG.   Shocked  LOL  My sister used to have a nail polish design book w/ designs easy enough for someone like me to do.  BUT, apparently, she lost it!  *cries*  I'm so sad...  One of my favorites that I remember was red white and blue triangles all on one nail.
I love bright colors so i paint my nails many different colors. Like each nail will be a different bright color. ((like lime green neon pink orange...etc...) Then i take electrical tape and cut it into strips ((very small ones)) Duct tape is too tough but electrical tape has a weaker adhesive so it doesn't pull off the colors. Then i put the strips on my nails diagonaly and paint black polish over top i let it dry and then pull off the strips and i have black and multi-color striped nails.
((this pic is from the 1st time i painted my nails this way... so i left the middle fingers black that time))

I do pretty much the same thing except that somehow I ended up with manicure tape and I use that to make the stripes.  *great minds think alike!*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Swampfire from Ben 10 Alien Force
How to Draw Bloom from Winx Club
How to Draw Phanpy from Pokemon
How to Draw a Manga Cat
How to Draw Arbiter From Halo
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Making Toys
May 27, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Solar Light Garden Mushroom

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...