A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,148
Currently Running With Scissors:
517 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Clover Grace: More serged shirts  (Read 1765 times)
Tags for this thread: dog_clothing  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

clovergrace
The Positive Pessimest

Sometimes when you fall, you fly.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: June 11, 2006 04:30:43 AM »

Again...just breaking it up into more than one post so I don't overwhelm anyone's computer.

(This one is made out of a tee that used to say guide dog puppy trainers and now just says guide dog. I got the shirt at goodwill.)

These two were made a bit longer:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Country_Gal

Disasterously Beautiful

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006 04:00:45 PM »

wow...you have really been busy!!! i love all of the clothes...ur so lucky you have a dog that actually lets you put clothes on it And take pictures of it!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Nicole-
diosaperdida
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006 04:36:23 AM »

Wow...those are so cool...have you tried the doggie dresses? They look just like little girl dresses.
I honestly thought they were ridiculous at first...but they have grown on me.
Do you ever work with or sew for greyhounds?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.diosaperdida.net  - My website
http://knittingbare.blogspot.com/ painting, knitting, whatever...it's all art
http://painting.craftgossip.com/  decorative painting techniques, projects and product info.
clovergrace
The Positive Pessimest

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006 04:30:30 PM »

diosperdida,
I've made one doggie dress and its reversable. I'll have to take photos. I haven't tried to make dog dresses because I've discoverd that Clover can fit into size 6-9 month baby clothes, so one saftey pin and a baby dress fits her. (Not that she's thrilled, lol). I've never made a pattern or sewn for greyhounds. I traced a hot topic shirt to get the pattern for clover-sized shirts and I shrunk it down and worked with it to fit on my cousin's tiny chihuahua for the xs size. I do have a friend who wants me to make a shirt for her dog and while it isn't a greyhound, it's tall and slim like one. I am assuming you have a greyhound? If so, what size is she normally? I bought some pattern packs online but have yet to try them out. If I get a basic pattern down, I can definitely make one for that kind of dog, even if it means mailing you the basic piece to see if it will fit. Smiley
Val
THIS ROCKS   Logged

diosaperdida
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006 09:21:50 PM »

I have had greyhounds in the past. They have very long bodies, very wide chests, and large necks..all topped by tiny heads...and narrow hind quarters at the other end. They have a physic more like a cheetah than the average dog, I always thought.
I am thinking of making greyhound wear to donate because greyhounds really do benifit from some extra warmth in cold winter places. They dont regulate their own temps well themselves, and have a small amount of fur for staying warm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.diosaperdida.net  - My website
http://knittingbare.blogspot.com/ painting, knitting, whatever...it's all art
http://painting.craftgossip.com/  decorative painting techniques, projects and product info.
peardream
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006 11:59:26 AM »

I looked at all of your Clover posts.  I won't reply to all of them, but I am in love with your dog!  I can't believe how tolerant Clover is, to just sit there while wearing all of the different outfits.  So adorable!!!! Do you have a rescue group for dogs???
THIS ROCKS   Logged
clovergrace
The Positive Pessimest

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006 02:22:55 AM »

Peardream,
Thanks! I'm in love with my dog, too. Tongue I don't have a rescue group myself but I work at the city animal shelter where we work to get a lot of our dogs rescued (unfortunately pit bulls aren't very popular with them). I want to to eventually have my own rescue group. One of the girls I work with wants to be a vet and wants to have a rescue group, too, so we dream together. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

peardream
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006 07:14:51 AM »

Peardream,
Thanks! I'm in love with my dog, too. Tongue I don't have a rescue group myself but I work at the city animal shelter where we work to get a lot of our dogs rescued (unfortunately pit bulls aren't very popular with them). I want to to eventually have my own rescue group. One of the girls I work with wants to be a vet and wants to have a rescue group, too, so we dream together. Tongue

That would be my dream too, if I had a lot of land to keep them on.  I got my dog, Goober, from a rescue group.  For some reason I always see Dachshunds in shelters...They can be a handful sometimes and some dont' want to deal with them.

How many dogs do you have?  I'd end up with so many dogs if I worked in a shelter.  I have such a soft spot for doggies....

Maybe I'll try to make some outfits for my lil' old man dog (he's 13).....

Thanks for all of the wonderful work you do for the animals
THIS ROCKS   Logged
clovergrace
The Positive Pessimest

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006 06:28:43 PM »

Peardream,
I've got CLover and then there is the family dog Thistle (chihuahua/terrier) who will be 12 next month. THose are the only dogs we have. I used to have three guinea pigs, but two died and the third was given to someone who had some (they're social creatures and she was lonely by herself). I'd have more dogs, but I live with my parents and they have a say in what gets to come home. They do let me foster little dogs, though. I've had about five I've fostered now. Most of them are older ugly unwanted animals, but they've eventually gotten adopted. I fostered a jack russell puppy and my mom said no more pups after she got adopted because it was too hard to give her up. We don't have many dachshunds in our shelters. Most are chihuahua and pit bull mixes around here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jonnamarco

Shave us Messiah!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2006 11:25:14 AM »

I love the doggy shirts.  I like that they are sleeveless - they look like wife beaters, which seems appropriate for your dog. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Setup Photoshop
How to Use the Magic Eraser in Photoshop
How to create Clipping Groups in Photoshop
How to Give a Photograph a Pop in Photoshop
How To Add Rain in Any Photo with Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...