A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,503
Currently Running With Scissors:
510 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Beaded lolita crown tutorial  (Read 23453 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Dorkette
Lonely in gorgeous tears

Love Live Lolita!

View Profile WWW
« on: June 10, 2006 07:13:13 PM »

Here's a beaded crown tutorial that I saw somewhere...

Materials
Pearl beads: 58 of 8mm, 60 of 6mm -- You can get them in huge packs of 100 or more usually for 99 cents in the craft store
Wire: 28 or 26 gauge, about 2 and a half yards --Can also get in craft stores in rolls of 40 yards or more, also for about 99 cents
Ribbon (2 yards) or hair comb
Needle-nose pliers and wire cutters
Mysterious self-attaching Japanese rhinestone things (??)

1) Make the base
Cut two pieces of wire 30cm (about a foot) long. Double them up and thread 24 of the 8mm beads onto it. Tie off the wire by twisting it around itself, and/or threading it back through the beads. The wire is doubled so it's more sturdy.

2) Make the top
Cut three pieces of wire 50cm (about 20 inches). Fold the wire in half and slide any part of the base between the two halves (it doesn't matter where you start).

Twist horizontally so it wraps itself once tightly, and then start threading beads over BOTH wires. Thread beads in a large-small-large-small pattern. You will use 6 large beads, starting with one on the bottom. Once you get to the last large bead, thread 3 small beads in a row. This is the top stop point. Leave about a bead's width of extra wire (just don't make it too tight), then mirror the pattern exactly on the reverse. At the end, tie the wire off exactly 12 beads from your starting position by wrapping it around the base.

Start the next wires in the exact same way, starting 4 beads from your starting position, and ending 4 beads after your ending position. You should have 6 places where the top wires connect to the base, and they should all be 4 beads apart.

3) Make the cross
Cut a piece of wire 10cm (about 4 inches) long, and thread 6 of the 6mm beads onto it. Take one end of the wire and, skipping the last bead, back-thread it through the rest of the beads. At the top where the 3 pieces meet, you should have left enough space to allow for them to overlap nicely. Take this new short piece and wrap the ends around the intersection of all the wires, tying it off by wrapping it around itself underneath it all. Leave a teeny bit of wire room.
Cut another 10cm long piece of wire and thread 4 beads onto it, using the same back-threading method. Tie off.
Take this short piece and wrap it around the cross so there are 2 beads on the top, 4 beads on the bottom, and 2 on each side.

4) Finish
If you have these mysterious rhinestone type things, attach them in the middle of the cross so you can't see where the wires meet. Alternately, hot glue a rhinestone on each side, or use nothing at all. If you're using ribbon, cut 75cm (about 30 inches) and wrap a bit around, either sewing it in a loop or gluing it on opposing sides of the crown. For a comb, use extra wire to attach the comb to the base, wrapping wire through the teeth. Tuck in and cut all loose wire ends. Shape it to your satisfaction.

Dekiagari!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

gwenluvy
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006 10:30:40 PM »

seems like the right place for it to me...

and I love it! thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
AriesEJ
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006 10:32:53 PM »

Love it!!!
Good job!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Scoople
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006 10:05:58 AM »

Thank you so much i had that scan ages ago but i lost it, in the demise of my old computer Sad .. but yay !

xxx
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Camellia_Ruth
Hypnotised

Fuelling obsession that borders psychosis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006 01:47:51 PM »

oooo pretty. Shocked

at first when I read it I thought I saw "perler" beads instead of "pearl", and I was thinking how weird would that be and would you melt it, but then i had to do a double look when I scrolled down.  Cheesy  *I am making lots of those video game perler bead game characters lately... So I have Perler beads on the brain...*

if I make one of these I can pretend to be Chi from chobits (some people call her chii)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You came in from the darkness and held the door open wide
You stood there like a vision before my unbelieving eyes
I believe in what I see and also what I hear
But did the night play tricks on me or were you really there.
gwenluvy
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006 02:16:17 PM »

What are the finished dimensions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
aoyuki_kitsune

Where the HELL is my chiffon!?!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006 11:54:22 AM »

OMFG!!!Ive been looking for a tute for these!!I was going to make one for a friends b-day in black and red(major loli fiend!) and a tiny one for my ABJD girl but I havent been able to find one before!Thank you!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Dorkette
Lonely in gorgeous tears

Love Live Lolita!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006 08:23:54 PM »

you're welcome everyone ^^ and gwenluvy, idk the exact dimensions but it's around 3 inches-i'm probably wrong though >.< i have some other lolita-ish tutorials. just let me dig them up =P
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blkrainb0w
And we both can dance on streaks in the sky.

*knit - knit - knit*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2006 04:03:11 AM »

That came out great I love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinkaholic

I <3 shiny things

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2006 06:49:04 AM »

Oh my giddy goddy this looks hard. But theyre gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love me for who I am
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Plaited Bridesmaid Hairstyle Tutorial
Summer Travel Tips For Natural Hair
Rock a Gorgeous Updo for Short Hair
3 Super Easy Braid Styles
How to Get Long-Lasting Hair Volume
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...