A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,855
Currently Running With Scissors:
860 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Present for a dad in jail..& a Grandpa  (Read 3931 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

moneymo
« on: June 10, 2006 06:34:40 PM »

Hi,
Well here's my situation my dad is in jail, as you can tell from my title. Him and I have never had that real father daughter bond, and now that he is in jail somehow we got a little closer  Undecided So I don't really know what to get/make him for fathers day, because I don't know what I would be aloud to send in the mail. I'm not going to be able to take it to him personally so it'd have to be something that could fit into a envelope.

I would try to tell you somethings about him but the only thing I know right now is that he is taking a college course while he is completing his sentence.

Also, I want to get/ make sometihng for my grandpa because he has always done alot for me. I know alot more about my grandpa so it can be more help.
- He Gardens.
- He is a Handyman fixing up stuff
- He comes from Mississippi so maybe something having to do with there.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out. This is a really big issue to me because I have never given my dad anything for as long as I can remember.

sincerely,
Monet

THIS ROCKS   Logged
fluttercrafts
cheezburger plz k thx bai

whodahey!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006 06:39:26 PM »

Hey Monet!

Do you knit? it would be awesome to knit your Grandfather some gardening gloves, or if you sew, make him a really sturdy kneepad to kneel on for gardening.
If you know what jail your dad is in, I would just either go online or call and ask what you're allowed to send and what you're not. What college course is he taking?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

moneymo
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006 06:43:27 PM »

He is taking a business course in college. Thnx for the idea about the sewing kneepads, I think I could do that.

Monet
THIS ROCKS   Logged
honorhappy
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006 06:46:33 PM »

I think for your father, a nice long letter about yourself, and a photo of you would be lovely.  And perhaps a homemade card?  If you wanted to send anything more material, I know that he could always use commisary money, and a little goes a long way.  But personally I think that your father just knowing that you are thinking of him and making an effort, and that you want him to know you, would mean more than anything else.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
native persimmon
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006 06:51:54 PM »

hmm this might be a longshot, but if he uses a standard binder for his college course with a clear plastic window-pocket on the front, then making a collage to slip into that clear pocket would be a nice, lightweight, and personal gift-
THIS ROCKS   Logged
moneymo
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006 07:15:24 PM »

Thnx everyone who has replied so far. I'm leaning towards the idea of a collage but please keep giving me ideas.

Monet
THIS ROCKS   Logged
milwjamie
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007 10:05:52 AM »

I really like the collage idea also.
Random sidenote, my fiance works at Barnes and Noble and I think most of the locations will send books to the jails for you. You'd have to find out from the jail he's at (or ask at the store, they usually know which jails allow books to be sent), but you could pick out a nice book for him to read, maybe something you've enjoyed, it would give him something different to read too.
Okay, now I realize how old the posts are!! Oops, well if you are still looking for ideas Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chuck Close Explains How He Paints with a Grid
Gale Fulton Ross Interview
The History of the Batmobile
Painting Cowboys on Canvas
Face Paint: Creating the Butterfly Wing Details
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...