A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,796
Currently Running With Scissors:
747 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Poll
Question: Vote for your favorite bag!
The Hana Bag by Shaina
Nifty Jean bag by angelbum
Secret Agent Bag by betty_death
Reversible drawstring craft thingy by dmerk

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CHALLENGE :4: GO GO GADGET BAG! WINNER ANNOUNCED!  (Read 7515 times)
Tags for this thread: pbw_challenge_go_go_gadget  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jMi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« on: June 10, 2006 06:52:41 AM »

CONGRATS TO WINNER BETTY_DEATH FOR HER SECRET AGENT BAG! Betty will be receiving a Craftster button for her hard work and awesomely creative bag!

Please vote for the next theme: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=81298.0

The theme for BAG CHALLENGE # 4 is: Go Go Gadget Bag!

How to do this challenge: This bag should have "nifty compartments and insane multifunctions," so this should not be your typical tote! Any normal bags, average purses, typical totes, etc. will be disqualified and removed from the challenge. Be creative and crazy for this one!

Deadline for Entries:
July 1, 2006

Winner will receive a Craftster button from Leah! Smiley

Posting your entries: THEY GO IN A REPLY TO THIS TOPIC!

Use this entry form (to be posted in the topic with your entry, not PM'd to me):
Bag Title:
Materials used:
What are it's functions and compartments?
Bag picture:

Important:
Remember that because every entry will be in this one thread, we cannot clutter the thread with off topic chatter. If you have a question about something please PM me and don't post it in the thread. If you have a compliment/question for someone else, PM it to them please. Everyone has to vote for your purse, and it will be much harder if they have to scroll through 4 pages of talking to find the entries and they may not even want to. I will have to delete off topic posts. It's for your own best interest to make sure everyone sees your entries! Smiley

What will happen to the thread/entries after the contest: I will "archive" this thread on the main page so everyone can see the past entries.

See the original thread here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=81298.0
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006 05:33:06 AM by jMi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lifeadored.blogspot.com/
Getting back into crafting! Follow along with me on my blog and see what I come up with! Smiley
Shaina

S-C-R-A-B-B-L-E-P-U-N-X

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006 03:00:49 PM »

I wasn't planning on entering so this bag isn't THAT fancy, but since no one else is entering, here's a bag I made for my friend's birthday:

Name: The Hana Bag
Materials: Heavy cotton, lighter cotton lining, flannel, zippers?

The outside zippers are functional, of course, and are the perfect size for her cell phone or iPod.

The semi-outside pockets are made specifically for her spraypaint cans and are zipper-free so she can take them in and out quickly in case of po-lice intervention The inside pocket is for her wallet and SHOULD have a zipper, but I lost my foot Sad.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006 03:03:40 PM by Shaina » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stay cool, honey bunny, stay cool.

HEART FULL OF NAPALM
angelbum
Tutorial Contributor

Artisania

I wonder what I'll make today...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006 03:04:19 PM »

Well, I guess I could enter my diaper bag I made in February for our trip to Calgary. I needed something beautiful but seriously functional to keep me, hubby and our two little ones organized. I also didn't have the funds to buy anything so I looked around the house for what I could use...I spent a whole $5.00 or so on this bag
I was playing around with paper piecing at the time (a quilting technique) and found a star pattern that was perfect for the flap.

Name: Nifty Jean bag
Materials used: a pair of jeans, a pair of khakis, hubby's old shirt, zipper from an old nursing shirt, a placemat,elastic, a neat and wonderfully inexpensive plastic clasp and a magnetic snap, a piece of waterproofed cardboard for the base, some beautiful flowery linen my grandmother gave to me from germany.
Functions and compartments:
 - 2 large zip pockets on one side interior (from the khakis) (good for private womanly stuff and make-up)
 - 2 large open pockets on the other interior side (from the jeans) a happy accident left 4 pen pockets there as well (good for crayons and markers, granola bars, your plane tickets, what have you)
 - 5 elasticized pockets line the whole interior and sit in front of the other pockets. Sized to fit a healthy stash of diapers, travel baby wipes, my fat wallet, a large sippy cup, and a healthy sized water bottle/pringles/??
 - there is a interior clasp that holds the bag closed/together even when the front flap is open...very nice feature..I'm so glad I put that in there.
 - 1 huge, fully lined, hidden zipper pocket on the back (perfect for passports, tickets, money...whatever you need quick access to)
 - 1 fairly deep side pocket with velcro for my keys or cell phone - now that I have one Wink

On to the pics:
front:
Close up of star:
back showing zip pocket (un zipped only 1/2 way):
side pocket:
interior clasp:
the inside with some stuff:
khaki zip pockets:
open jean and pen pockets (there are actually four pen slots - one on each side of the pockets:

Had I known how to before, I would have fancied up the side pocket with some edging to keep it more closed and nicer looking. I dunno, overall I'm really happy with the bag. It holds an an incredible amount of stuff and is perfect for those longer outings. Heh, the strap even fits my xxl hubby, much to his chagrin Grin
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010 02:00:49 AM by MareMare - Reason: to fix coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

betty_death
(it's pronounced "deeth")

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006 06:00:48 PM »

Bag Title: Secret Agent Bag

Materials used: nylon webbing, plastic clasps, plastic clip, handle and strap pirated from an old laptop bag, black+white plaid/tiny houndstooth for lining, medium gray cotton twill, black polyester "duck" material, light gray pillowcase, red silk (zip pocket lining), elastic, 2 zippers (gray and black), interfacing, reflective tape (on the strap's padding), velcro, vinyl (on nintendo controller applique), plastic from old notebook covers for inner stiffening

What are it's functions and compartments?

Here's a compilation picture showing the pockets and their potential uses:

Left to right, top to bottom:
1. outside, side one: water bottle pocket made using nylon webbing and elastic (the pocket has a box pleat to provide roominess)
2. outside, side two: PSP pocket and ipod / earphone velcro strap/holder (the velcro can accomodate any sized ipod plus earphones, or just a single pair of earphones)
3. PSP detail (the pocket is box pleated, and fits both the PSP and the PSP in the padded case it came with)
4. under the flap: a lined zip pocket (which is 5"x4"), 3 elastic pen holders, and a small velcro pocket for change, keys, or a flip cell phone
5. inside, front panel: this panel has a lined zip pocket and a velcro pocket made to fit a nintendo DS (also box pleated)
6. DS detail (plus half a shot of the zipper pocket - also 5"x4")
7. inside, side one: small side pocket made from nylon webbing, box pleated -- currently holding DS games (but can accomdate a non-flip cellphone, as seen in final picture below)
8. inside, side two: clip for holding keys, wallet, etc
9. inside, bottom: a secret pocket made from the lining material
10. inside, back panel: a large patch pocket (10"x7") for holding cds, papers, etc
11. the flap and back outer panels have sewn-on gray detailing -- I left these pieces open on one side for concealing secret documents, passports and other sensitive documents.  The light gray strip's open side is underneath the darker gray's, so concealed items won't fall out at inopportune moments Wink

edit: forgot to mention, the inside of the bag is large enough to hold a 15.4" widescreen laptop, plus several books and notebooks.  The bag's dimensions are approximately 10" high x 13" wide x 4" deep.

The strap length is adjustible, as are the lengths of the clasps which secure the flap.  The strap is clipped on to D rings on the sides, making it easy to remove completely should the user prefer a briefcase style as opposed to the messenger bag style.

Bag picture:

outside front:

outside back:

inside front (under flap):

inside:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006 06:48:42 PM by betty_death » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dmerk
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006 11:29:36 PM »

NAME: Reversible drawstring craft thingy
MATERIALS: 100% cotton, wadding, cord, cardboard

Hi, this is my entry. I made it out of one of my old tablecloths and pieces of fabric from other projects, so it cost next to nothing.

FUNCTIONS & COMPARTMENTS
There are 6 pockets going all around the outside and they are padded for stability.
The inside base is a removable circle of thick board which is padded and covered with fabric.
The whole thing is reversible as well so the pockets can go on the inside, for a different look.
There are separate handles on the top edge for carrying it around or you can use the pink cord.
I use this bag to carry scissors, tools, fabrics, buttons or whatever crafty project I'm working on at the time.
(The kanzashi flower is a pin so you can move it wherever you like.)
I guess, in a pinch, you could also use it as a diaper bag only I don't have any babies.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2006 03:45:12 PM by dmerk » THIS ROCKS   Logged
jMi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006 04:43:04 PM »

No more entries accepted
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lifeadored.blogspot.com/
Getting back into crafting! Follow along with me on my blog and see what I come up with! Smiley
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Marla Frazee Talks About All The World
Lisa Wheeler and Mark Siegel Talks About Boogie Knights
Dia Reeves Talks About Bleeding Violet
Beth Kobliner Talks About Get a Financial Life
Toby Lester Reveals His Favorite History Book
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...