A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 300,898
Currently Running With Scissors:
486 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: LOST Swap (sign ups closed; mail by July 7)  (Read 6572 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Qwerty
« on: June 10, 2006 06:32:11 AM »

Swap name: LOST Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Qwerty
Sign-up date range: June 10 - 17
Date to send item by: July 7, Delivery Confirmation # required for US

Limited to a certain number of people?  No

Non-U.S. participants allowed? Yes

All ages allowed? Or 18+? All Ages

Organizer is aware of current list of "suspended traders"
list and will not allow those members to participate: YES

Organizer meets the 4 conditions for swapping and will make sure that every participant meets these conditions: YES

Details of swap:
This swap is for fans of ABC's LOST! You will be crafting at least 3 items for your partner; 1 larger item and 2 smaller items. Ideas might include: Dharma T-shirt, Driveshaft gear, knit polar bear, island survival guide, model plane (Ocean 815), snow globe with an island in it, etc. For more ideas you can always visit the official site http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index.html, or other sites: http://www.oceanic-air.com/, http://www.thehansofoundation.org/, http://www.oceanicflight815.com/, Just don't get lost in those sites like I do! If you are ready to join make sure that you meet the requirements for swapping and PM me with your filled out questionnaire.

Namaste.

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: LOST Swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of the US?

Favorite characters:
Favorite episodes:
Other show favorites: (examples: the black smoke, the numbers, the Others, Dharma, etc.)
Items you would like to receive:
What are your crafts?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:

Qwerty (sent/received/feedback given) <---> TreeTree (sent/received/feedback given)
ashestoashes (sent/received/feedback given) <---> backstgartist (sent/received/feedback given)
saveaquarter (sent/received/feedback given) <---> dayzi (sent/received/feedback given)
gleep (sent/received/feedback given) <---> hoxierice (sent/received/feedback given)
Whiskey (sent/received/feedback given) <---> SonjaBoo (sent/received/feedback given)
chrispykreme (sent/received/feedback given) <---> msalowishus (sent/received/feedback given)
motoredxheart (sent/received/feedback given) <---> jenefor (received/sent/feedback given)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006 09:50:28 AM by Qwerty » THIS ROCKS   Logged

TreeTree
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006 09:50:24 AM »

Woohoo, I'm the first to sign up! and it's my first swap yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists:  http://www.wists.com/Treetree/
My Space:   http://www.myspace.com/tareeree 

I am always doing things I can't do, that's how I get to do them.
--Pablo Picasso
jenefor
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006 07:42:49 PM »

Whooo whoo can't wait to see who I get so I can start crafting....my mind is reeling with ideas Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gleep
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006 07:00:17 AM »

This is my first swap too! I'm very excited!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Qwerty
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006 10:30:17 AM »

it looks like we are getting a good group of crafters together! there are a few first timers so i feel more pressure to make sure that their first swap is enjoyable.

what are some more ideas that everyone has thought up?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ashestoashes

you'd better not mess with major tom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006 06:50:26 PM »

I'm in too! It's almost my first swap here, though I'm not new to swapping. I'm still thinking of some ideas, but I have a few in mind. Not sure I want to share yet, as that might ruin the surprise Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists

I dig personal swaps.
jenefor
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006 12:23:39 AM »

Yea same here about sharing Tongue my hubby and me have been going over some ideas that might be cool......I cant wait to see who I get and just what they are into so I can start crafting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ultraviolet
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006 08:27:01 AM »

it looks like we are getting a good group of crafters together! there are a few first timers so i feel more pressure to make sure that their first swap is enjoyable.

what are some more ideas that everyone has thought up?

Well, I'm not participating, so I'd be happy to throw out a few ideas for new swappers:

Anything with a Dharma label on it - it could be candy, cookies, soap, etc
A desert island journal
Maybe something with the logo for the fast food place where Hurley worked
Something with the Virgin Mary on it Smiley
A compass, or some other sort of outdoorsy survival type thingy
Maybe a blank book in which to keep track of various "clues" and conspiracy theories related to the show
A backpack or bag with a map of the island on it
Bookmarks with themes relating to the books Sawyer has been reading (i.e. Watership Down, Bad Twin, and - my favorite - Are You There God? It's Me Margaret)
Something related to tropical fruits like mango or papaya (like scented lotion or soap)
A replica of Eko's "Jesus stick"

Another great place is www.thefuselage.com - it's a forum where people discuss everything, and I mean everything, relating to the show. There's even a board where you can ask questions for the actors. Jorge Garcia and Terry O'Quinn seem to reply quite frequently. It's easy to spend hours there. Don't say I didn't warn you!  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://blog.threegoodrats.com

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
Qwerty
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006 09:06:25 AM »

Well, I'm not participating, so I'd be happy to throw out a few ideas for new swappers:

it's a shame you aren't participating, you've got great ideas! i hope that we'll see some of them pop up in the swap gallery Cheesy i totally forgot about thefuselage site!  any way to convince you to join?

have a cluckedy cluck cluck day
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenefor
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006 11:42:29 AM »

Another great place is www.thefuselage.com -  It's easy to spend hours there. Don't say I didn't warn you!  Smiley

Don't I know........especially after an "full" episode Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Make Lamb Chop Marinade for a Romantic Dinner
Learn how to Make Goat Cheese and Strawberries Salad for a Romantic Dinner
Learn how to Make Shrimp Scampi for a Romantic Dinner
Learn how to Prepare a Romantic Dinner for Two
Learn how to Cook the Shrimp and Beurre Fondue Sauce
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...