A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 304,879
Currently Running With Scissors:
669 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anyone speak French and know how to order from Phildar?  (Read 809 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

anky
« on: June 08, 2006 11:16:52 PM »

OMG I want this pattern!!!!!!!!!

only problem is its on a french site www.phildar.fr and I can't figure out how to order/pay for things. There's about a thousand things on this site I want actually. *sigh* Anyone ever ordered from this site or know french and can figure out how to? Im pretty sure I could get a friend or use a dictionary to translate the patterns once I had them

I wish I spoke french Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Niblick05
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006 11:21:41 PM »

What's very strange is that in the top left corner there is a button "English" but it doesn't actually change the language. This might help you, however: http://alison.knitsmiths.us/phildar_info.html

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
starlette13
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006 12:24:13 AM »

get to the page with the pattern you'd like. select your size. on the left is the yarn section - if you want to buy the yarn from them, select the color and quantity. to the right is the magazine it was in, and underneath it are the recommended needles. go to the bottom(ish), there's a pink button that says Ajouter au panier - which means, most literally, 'add to basket'
a window will pop up, click 'je commande' - order. it will go to a normal payment screen. the other option is 'keep shopping'.
after that it's a fairly typical payment page.. if you need anything particular translated, google language tool thingy is adequate.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tout_est_calme
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006 01:26:35 AM »

you can order the kit for this pattern on these 2 sites :
http://www.knitntyme.com/Shop.asp?DoSearch=True&PageNumber=4&SearchSubCats=True
http://www.breiweb.nl/index.html?lmd=38868.772801
on the second link you'll have to search in the "knitting kits" section.

edit : sorry, I just noticed the second link was not in English!!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006 01:41:54 AM by tout_est_calme » THIS ROCKS   Logged
xchinagurlyx
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006 09:25:50 AM »

In this link: http://www.knitntyme.com/Shop.asp?DoSearch=True&PageNumber=2&SearchSubCats=True, you can order the magazine in English (which I never did, because it's cheaper to buy it from France, wait, and translate on your own....  But, you might think it's worth the extra cost, so I'm telling you about it anyway). 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cthulhulovesme

The littlest Great Old One that could.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006 09:55:47 AM »

I've ordered knitting magazines from Phildar before. My French is only mediocre, but Google Translate helped with the tricky parts. The magazines are affordable, as is the shipping  for them Stateside or in the EU. I wouldn't want to try and order yarn unless I lived in France, though. It would have cost twice the amount I would have paid for the yarn to ship it to the US. My suggestion would be to get the magazine the pattern is from (which usually has a higher "hit" rather than "miss" rate than most US mags) and look at the yarn requirements and gauge for a substitute you can get locally. You could try looking for Phildar yarn wherever you are, too, but it tends to be marked up considerably outside of Europe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Egg Custard Tarts Recipe
Chef Makini Howell Makes Stuffed French Toast
Chef Zac Young Makes Monkey Bread
Chef Zac Young Makes Molten Red Velvet Cake
How to Make Gourmet Chocolate Salted Caramel Brownies
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...