A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,316
Currently Running With Scissors:
526 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stitch 'n Bitch Projects  (Read 145836 times)
Tags for this thread: video_game , debbie_stoller  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

creatingme
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2003 01:22:07 PM »

Sorry I didn't put a link for the skull (beeosh was on top of it)  But there is also a skull pattern in the stitch 'n bitch book for a sweater that could be altered to fit the wrist bands.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
geekpixie

Jill of all Trades

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2003 04:29:35 PM »

Anyone seen any good "flame" charts anywhere? Like the flames you see on sweatshirts and rockabilly shirts lately (at least that's what they seem to be called) I need some for some armwarmer/mitts for my little brother, and am having a rather hard time charting them out!

(figured since we were on the subject of skulls, flames shouldn't be left out!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
firecathie
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2003 12:19:41 PM »

I'm not sure if this will help or not.

Here is a link of car flame jobs.
http://www.customflamepainting.com/
In the section labeled For the Do It Yourselfers there is a link called Printable Practice Flames.

This might give you a foundation for getting the "authentic" flames you desire.  You might be able to transfer that into a pattern.  I don't know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LolitaContrer
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2003 02:05:59 PM »

I'm working on Snowball's Cat Bed right now, its coming along really well. I'll post a pic when its done.  I think I'll make the Cony Island scarf for my sister for Christmas.  I Loved Debbie's book!  I'm also trying to get a Stitch 'N Bitch Houston started up Check out the group page.  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stitchnbitch-houston/

Drop me a line if your interested.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

geekpixie

Jill of all Trades

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2003 02:13:11 PM »

Firecathie,

Thank you!  Grin

That just might do the trick!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinygoatstacker

Why can't puffins eat pancakes instead?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2003 08:16:24 PM »

Right now i'm working on the Coney Island scarf for my niece- in purple fur and cheapo purple & pink varigated Red Heart Kids.  Nestled in a bag are the yarns for the Alien Illusion scarf (for my nephew) and the Umbilical Cord hat (for a friend's new baby). I'm going to add kitty ears to the little hat... though i may nix the cord part, unless it can be convincingly made to look like a kitty tail.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bumblebees, bumblebees... tiny and small, tiny and small....
fangrrl
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2003 04:37:05 PM »

I made the armband, but because I destest swatching (especially for a project so small) I can barley get it over my big man hands. Oh well. It makes a good warmer for the strap on my bag.

I also made the flame hat, but didn't use the colorway in the pattern, I just did stripes. My husband loves it.

The first sweater I will ever make will be the skully sweater. I swear it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
plainmabel
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2003 05:02:22 PM »

I just finished the Hot Head (I'm wearing it now!) -- I didn't do the colors either, I just did a single yarn.  But what I didn't realize was that the S (M, L) were I guess women's sizes -- I kinda thought it was men's since there was a man in the picture.  So I did the medium for my bf...and well, I'm the one wearing it.  And my gauge exactly on target with what the instructions said.  Oh well, maybe I'll do another for the bf.  I would loooove to do the Skully sweater too -- but I've been working on the same sweater for about a billion years and it'll never get done.  I need to stick to little projects.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Plain Mabel :: Extraordinary Gifts and Accessories
Awful Cufflinks :: Everyday stuff, just better.
bluestar

twinkle twinkle

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2003 08:41:57 PM »

I have a question about the Stitch 'n Bitch book:  how explanatory is it?  I can knit and purl, but the only thing I know how to make is a scarf (or anything that starts out flat and can be rolled into a tube, I guess  Wink ).  Does it offer pretty good instructions for the projects, or does it kind of assume a certain level of skill beforehand?  I really want it, but if it means I'm going to have to buy a bunch of other books to learn how to make the things in it, it wouldn't really be worth it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
simone
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2003 06:36:22 AM »

Hi Bluestar,
I *highly* recommend the book. In fact, I wish I'd had it when I first started. The pix are great and the explanations are really fantastic. I recommend it wholeheartedly!
-Simone
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*chickadeesimone.livejournal.com* www.chick-a-dee.com * www.bazaarbizaare.org * www.magpie-store.com*
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Punk Style Celebrities
Coachella: Style Spots
Carey Mulligan: Steal Her Style
Different Celebrities Wearing the Same Dress
Pregnant Stars Rocking Their Style
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...