Hi everyone! Just recently discovered this place, and I've already enjoyed making a few of the recipes here. My first contribution is banitsa
It's a traditional Bulgarian breakfast food of eggs, cheese, and flaky buttered dough.
16 sheets of fillo dough
2 cups soda water
1 stick of butter
One 8 oz. Container of Feta Cheese
Salt and Pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl, mix the eggs and soda water.
3. Melt the butter in the microwave and grease a lasagna pan with some of the butter.
4. Lay down 4 sheets of fillo dough, dabbing some butter between each sheet.
5. On the 4th sheet, evenly pour 1/4 of the egg and soda water mixture.
6. Sprinkle small pieces of feta all around.
7. Season the top with salt and pepper and repeat step 4 four more times.
8. Bake uncovered in the oven for 30-40 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes and enjoy!