So I'm often not great about getting things done in a timely fashion, which is horrible when sewing for a child, but for once I succeeded. Today was Touch A Truck (a local fundraiser when kids get to touch trucks...) and I finished this dress for my daughter at midnight last night. She loves firetrucks and firefighters, and loved getting to wear this today.
I made the size 3 which ended up being a bit big, but turned out well with the wrap back. It was a pattern from an old Sew Beautiful magazine.
This was my first time picture smocking and my gauge was off (my stitching were short), but all in all it turned out okay.
Here you can see the back.
I should add that for the first time ever, the bobbin was on my side, I finished sewing on the bias edging with the tiniest bit of red thread left....