I have been wanting to make the buttercup bag
for such a long time now. First, I was waiting for a tutorial
on adding a zipper. And then, life just kinda got in the way. But now, I've finally done it!
Here's what I did differently...
1.) Enlarged 125% because of all the comments of this being a bit small as is. For me, 125% turned out perfect.
2.) Added a zipper, but did not follow the tutorial at all. For the zipper I added a "placket" (not sure if this is the right term). I modified the lining portion to be two pieces, like the outer portion of the bag. I sewed the zipper between the two parts. The placket added some width to the bag so I had to add a little piece between the upper portions of the outer bag instead of just sewing them together. A little fudging, but it worked.
3.) Off-centered fabric covered buttons as embellishment.
Fabric: Amy Butler - lining: Midwest Modern 2 sky/fresh poppies
outer: Daisy Chain Clematis/grey