A long time ago, about a year or so, I started to make cassette tape wallets... ever since then, I've wanted to make a cassette tape coin purse with a metal purse frame thing, but I've been too cheap to buy them. Finally I got my hands on a frame from an old decrepit wallet and the best part was that it fit perfectly with a cassette tape... I knew what I had to do. And I wanted to share my new coin purse with all of you.
So I decided to be a wind up doll this year... with the catch being working, windable parts! At first I was just going to rig up a key that spun all night long with a clock motor.. but my boyfriend's brother reminded me of how easy it would be to make it with actual wind up toy parts, so I took his advice instead
I made everything for this costume except the wig and the white shirt.
These items include: A corset-ish type top a petticoat that I'm super proud of, but have no pics of it because it's pretty seethrough.. the skirt the wind-able key
Another shoe favor for my little sister. She's in love with houndstooth so, naturally she asked me to redo a pair of shoes she had gotten bored with and to re-cover them with some houndstooth fabric. Of course, we find some nice houndstooth fabric right away... when a few months ago when I was searching for some nice black and white houndstooth to make a purse, I couldn't find it anywhere. Just some colorful stuff I had to settle for.... anyway, enough of my rambling and on to the pictures!
Here's the poor shoes before they got torn up:
and then afterwards:
Oh lord, I need some better pictures. I'll probably be posting some better pictures of them before the days over.
Check out my blog for the full journey of these shoes!
As I was flipping through one of my many magazines, I saw these:
And I thought to myself, I need one. These ones are actually made of woven rice paper, but I wanted to use fused plastic.. so that's what I did!
I ran downstairs and grabbed some plastic bags out of our plastic bag.. holder.. thing.. and got to ironing, then cutting, then sewing, then messing up, then sewing again, etc.. until I had created this!
I'm quite proud of it, and I want to make another.. even though this one was slightly frustrating, but I believe it only was because it was my first one and I was just winging it.
It's the end of the year, so the day I had been waiting for has finally come.. final critiques are finished so we were allowed to take our ceramics home!
Here are a few of my pieces:
Hand built(coil method), stoneware. This one got into the student art show
Wheel thrown, stoneware
Wheel thrown, porcelain
Wheel thrown, stoneware
Wheel thrown, stoneware. Oh man, this piece... some idiot who was loading the kiln decided to stack these two like this.. so when it fired, the glaze fused the mug and the bowl together, so now they're permanently stuck like that. It makes me so mad! It was one of my favorite bowls.
I got the inspiration from Threadbanger's latest video.. unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the sweater beforehand.. This thing was super easy to make.. it only took me around 30 minutes to an hour. I encourage everyone to make one. Now.
(blurry, sorry )
I love it.
I made another one for my little sister. Here it is!
So, I'm pretty sure everyone has seen the big versions of this with fake shotguns and whatnot, and I've always wanted to make one for myself.. This is my first challenge, and I originally had no idea what to do, so I just went to the dollar store and browsed around until I got an idea. I ended up doing this because they had a cute toy gun and a frame that was just perfect enough to fit the gun in.. it was just so perfect I couldn't resist. I thought it'd be cute to do it with a smaller gun and a smaller frame.. even though it might not protect me as well as a shotty could.
Anyway, enough of my rambling and on with the pictures!
This one's first because it's what I want to show in the display at the top
All the goodies. I ended up spending $9.88. Some dollar store... the frames were 5 bucks. I guess it was 1 dollar a frame... and if you wanna get technical, since I only used one, it would really be only $5.88, haha. I tried to buy everything i needed for the project at the dollar store, even though I already had black and silver spray paint at home... I ended up using some red fabric from my fabric stash and some left over red paint for the lettering.
The finished product in many many angles:
(this is with flash)
It's about 4 inches by 6 inches I believe. I hope you guys like it!