This is Eustace. (He's a monster, not a cat.)
He's my first non-square-or-hat crochet project (except for two catnip toys I made yesterday) and I definitely need a smaller hook. And a LOT more practice. (I made the head last night - I originally stuffed it with cotton, and then when I wasn't quite so tired realized that could get wet and collapse, so I went and picked up some proper stuffing. And more yarn. Ahem. But the head is now not as tightly stuffed, because I emptied and re-filled it through a small hole.)
I'm going to send him in a sort of cheer-up care package to a friend, I think - I may give him fangs, I haven't quite decided.
(ETA: No pattern, just improv.)